PDA

View Full Version : Oh what a feeling!

jabird56
05-30-2010, 08:52 PM
The other half and I loaded the gas grill and stuff in to our SuperDuty and drove into town today to do a BBQ for my friends crew, as they have been busy delivering ice all day yesterday and today. The friend owns an Ice Company, and they delivered over 70 tons of ice today around Maryland.

Well everything went GREAT, until we loaded the pickup back up to head home. Started the PowerStroke, and as soon as I had power, the brake pedal went right to the floor. That is NOT what you want to feel with the brake pedal on a 3+ ton truck. Took it easy and idled home. Got underneath to find the brake line running along the frame in the area of the fuel tank had failed, from age no doubt...bought the truck 12 years ago.

So sometime this week my friend and I will be dropping the fuel tank to replace the brake line.

Glad it happened today in this scenario vice having our 10,000lb camper running behind us.

OH WELL, stuff happens....I need a drink

:beer:

SpartaPerformance
05-30-2010, 09:12 PM
No need to drop the tank. If you get metal lines and some unions (do NOT use compression fittings) you mold the new line around the tank. All you need is some time, and a flare tool.