PDA

View Full Version : Washing the MM at Carlisle?

Marauder_Santa
06-01-2010, 10:28 AM
This is my first time attending the all Ford show at Carlisle and being a part of something this big.

Dumb question. Where can you wash the car before heading to the show field? I will be staying at the Hampton Inn.

Thanks,

David

Bluerauder
06-01-2010, 10:44 AM
This is my first time attending the all Ford show at Carlisle and being a part of something this big.

Dumb question. Where can you wash the car before heading to the show field? I will be staying at the Hampton Inn.

Thanks,

David

There are two wash pads at Carlisle on the left as you enter the area. As I recall, there is a touchless car wash on the right of Route 11 about 1/2 mile from the Hampton Inn enroute to the show. There is lots of competition for those pads and wash sites due to the sheer number of cars in the event.

You might be able to wash it behind the hotel.

Blackened300a
06-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Or you can do like I did last year after the rain. I took my room garbage pail and used it as a rinse and wash bucket before I left for the showfield.

Krytin
06-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Or you can do like I did last year after the rain. I took my room garbage pail and used it as a rinse and wash bucket before I left for the showfield.

Yeah - this year looks like deja vu all over again!!
The rain forcast keeps shifting back towards Thursday from Friday for the NY area - I'll call you Thursday PM to coordinate depart time for Friday to meet up in or near NYC for caravan.

johnnyrauder
06-01-2010, 03:40 PM
keep me updated on that caravan thing that sounds nice and safe. i was planning on driveing through the city at around 6am to avoid all the rush hour b/s...

tjl006
06-01-2010, 03:44 PM
keep me updated on that caravan thing that sounds nice and safe. i was planning on driveing through the city at around 6am to avoid all the rush hour b/s...
+1 maby we can get a nice caravan of all the new york marauders going.

ImpalaSlayer
06-01-2010, 03:56 PM
see ya up there boys

Blackened300a
06-01-2010, 05:39 PM
+1 maby we can get a nice caravan of all the new york marauders going.

Lets hope Ill have a Marauder to include in the convoy. :depress:
We are leaving around 6:30am to make it into the city then through the holland tunnel onto 78 west to Carlisle.

ImpalaSlayer
06-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Lets hope Ill have a Marauder to include in the convoy. :depress:
We are leaving around 6:30am to make it into the city then through the holland tunnel onto 78 west to Carlisle.

hows the progress Paul?

Blackened300a
06-01-2010, 05:45 PM
hows the progress Paul?

Slow! :mad:
I should have went to a place that don't know anybody I know. It seems when you deal with friends, you are placed on the back burner. I was informed today that my engine should be back tomorrow and then installed in my car. Its looking like Ill get the car back Thursday night (hopefully) then have to detail it through the night and drive it straight to Carlisle. It also sucks that my test drive will be a trek out to PA. So I hope everything holds together. No matter what, Ill be in Carlisle by Friday even if I didn't sleep at all.

ImpalaSlayer
06-01-2010, 05:47 PM
I should have went to a place that don't know anybody I know. It seems when you deal with friends, you are placed on the back burner. I was informed today that my engine should be back tomorrow and then installed in my car. Its looking like Ill get the car back Thursday night (hopefully) then have to detail it through the night and drive it straight to Carlisle. It also sucks that my test drive will be a trek out to PA. So I hope everything holds together. No matter what, Ill be in Carlisle by Friday even if I didn't sleep at all.

more balls then me lol. id be afraid to dive that far on a test drive

FastMerc
06-01-2010, 05:53 PM
The Hampton usually has a hose out for show attendees.

tjl006
06-01-2010, 06:37 PM

Sound like me. I got some parts at a powdercoater I know. Guy does great work but the parts wont be ready till tomorrow, there were supposed to be done on saturday. Hoping to get the car together tomorrow do some test runs, detail it on thursday and be ready for carlisle friday morning.