PDA

View Full Version : Ford is doing a voluntary recall on Fusion and Milan

LeoVampire
06-02-2010, 01:04 PM
When I was @ the dealership yesterday for my oil change they mentioned that the Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan is being recalled 1 by 1 for adjustments need to be made to the PCM in reguards to the Transmision settings.

They said it is needed to make the transmissions last longer. Aparently the line pressure and shift points are the problem and they are trying to repair it before these tranny's start to fail prematurly.

So anyone owning one of these cars be prepaired to get a call asking you to bring it into your dealership.

I thought some of you might be interested.

Got_1
06-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Escapes are on that list as well.

Fusions and Escapes under 11,000kms (whatever that is in miles) just get the PCM reprogram, those that are over 11,000 get the reprogram and a transmission load test performed to ensure the clutches in the trans are holding properly

SpartaPerformance
06-02-2010, 06:07 PM
A lot of complaints on Fusion forums about the shifting of their vehicles, hopefully this will fix that.

Blackened300a
06-02-2010, 06:58 PM
The shifting is erratic. In the cold morning it kinda clunks into gear. When it warms up it seems fine. Now if that new flash takes care of the lagging throttle by wire then I may bring it in.

SpartaPerformance
06-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Call Bob see if he knows if it will!

Got_1
06-03-2010, 03:31 PM
The shifting is erratic. In the cold morning it kinda clunks into gear. When it warms up it seems fine. Now if that new flash takes care of the lagging throttle by wire then I may bring it in.

i would bring it in sooner than later. Driving it without the reprogram may add unnecessary wear to your transmission

Blackened300a
06-03-2010, 03:56 PM
i would bring it in sooner than later. Driving it without the reprogram may add unnecessary wear to your transmission

Ill have to get my Marauder on the road first before I have zero car to drive.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
06-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Is the fusion the same AX4N or whatever they used in the Taurus? I have a 3.0 DOHC Taurus (Gen 4 car, 2004) and the first shift of the morning 1-2 is always a little clunky but every shift after that is always fine. It's just that first shift leaving the driveway. Interesting

LeoVampire
06-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Is the fusion the same AX4N or whatever they used in the Taurus? I have a 3.0 DOHC Taurus (Gen 4 car, 2004) and the first shift of the morning 1-2 is always a little clunky but every shift after that is always fine. It's just that first shift leaving the driveway. Interesting

Nope the tranny was changed to a new one. But we have a 2007 and it shifts just fine the only thing I hate is the way the over/drive works seems like it is more free flowing in drive than over drive going down hills.

Got_1
06-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Ill have to get my Marauder on the road first before I have zero car to drive.

if you made an appointment with your local dealer they can have you in and out in 20-30 mins easy.

Sully008
06-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Thank God there's something for this. I've always complained about the weird shift schedule in my wife's Fusion. I'm going to have to call my dealership tomorrow.

Blackened300a
06-03-2010, 06:17 PM
if you made an appointment with your local dealer they can have you in and out in 20-30 mins easy.

True but that would require me taking a day off of work to get it done since no dealer around me is open on Saturdays. Ill deal with the weird shift for now.