PDA

View Full Version : Money from Mercury?

Paul T. Casey
11-24-2003, 06:21 PM
Just an idea that occured to me tonight. It seems to me that with the lack of advertising in the media about this car, there must be some unspent funding out in Dearborn. I think, and my wife agrees, that the way I drive around here in Chattanooga, or anywhere else for that matter, I should be getting a kickback for showing this baby off. Not just me either, but any of us who aren't afraid of letting the kid in the ricer next to us know we can get to the next light first. Or how about the aestehtic values? When was the last time anyone saw a dirty Marauder out there? Guys like TAF who just hand their keys over to anyone who looks at his car should also get paid. Sargent Mac takes his everywhere. How about at least a mileage stipend for him? It makes good sense to me, and I'm going to mail a letter off to Elaina Ford and see what happens!

Petrograde
11-24-2003, 06:35 PM
Good idea Paul,... hell,.. I'd be happy with free oil changes!

Tom

TAF
11-24-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Paul T. Casey
Guys like TAF who just hand their keys over to anyone who looks at his car should also get paid.

My man Paul (and the lovely Mrs. Casey)...I'll drink to that^^^:beer:

Get it worked out, and I'm in!!!

Bigdogjim
11-24-2003, 11:10 PM
Right now with all the low instrest, free money, rebates etc these car are cheap!

SILVERMARAUDER
11-25-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Bigdogjim
Right now with all the low instrest, free money, rebates etc these car are cheap!
YOUR ARE ON THE MONEY! ON THAT!

jgc61sr2002
11-25-2003, 08:01 PM
Paul - Good idea. Trying to get somthing out of the FMC is like trying to get blood out of a stone. It just don't happen. IMO.

Bigdogjim
11-25-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by SILVERMARAUDER
YOUR ARE ON THE MONEY! ON THAT!

Well maybe I shoud say they are "priced to sell"

Any way you slice it they are not a "cheap" car. :):):)

SILVERMARAUDER
11-25-2003, 09:52 PM
or priced to move?:P

BillyGman
11-26-2003, 01:36 AM
I'm with ya on that, since I've always looked at it the same way. I advertise the Marauder more than Ford/Mercury does. Not to sound negative, but if they don't even want to spend much money on advertising the MM, then they're not going to hand any money over to you simply because you can prove to them that you've bought one. Hey, I hope thaty I'm wrong on that, but I don't think so. They're not going to give some cash to any or ever MM owner who writes to them. And there's likely no way for you to prove that what you do w/your Marauder is anything different than any other one of their customers do w/their cars.

Paul T. Casey
11-28-2003, 12:25 PM
Okay, I'll be attaching a copy of the letter I've sent to Ms. Ford as soon as I can figure it out. Anyway, since it's the holiday season, and I don't really need any money from Ford.... well you guys decide. You are the unnamed club, if there are no objections. If there are, no problem with me, I'll find someone else's name to give her.

Paul T. Casey
11-28-2003, 12:41 PM
Misquamicut, RI
November 28, 2003

Ms. Elena Ford
Mercury Division
Ford Motor Co.
300 Renaissance Ctr. #550
Detroit, MI

Dear Ms. Ford,

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Paul T. Casey, Jr. from Misquamicut, Rhode Island. I happen to be a very pleased Mercury Marauder owner, and a loyal Ford product user for many years. It is my belief that the 2003 Marauder, which I currently own and operate on a daily basis, is one of the finest motor vehicles ever produced. I am so pleased and proud of it that I joined a club of Marauder owners and enthusiasts. One of the very few problems that seems to come up for discussion is the lack of advertisement for this car. I do remember seeing one commercial for it, and it was great. The Marauder seemed to prowl its way through a parking garage, scaring the so called competitors into shaking. I only wish that I was able to get a copy of it, but alas, I was told by your customer service folks that this is impossible. I’ve heard rumors that sales of the Marauder are somewhat slack. In this direction, I believe I can help.
It seems to me, the best advertisement for this fine automobile is drivers like myself. I’m out on the roads every day, showing off to the “competitors” just exactly what the Marauder is all about. Whether it’s being first to the next light, drying the car out in front of the carwash, or even just the swagger of cruising through the grocery store parking lot at 2 mph letting the passer-bys see and here the “Marauder Growl.” Other members of my club do much the same. “Sarge” drives his all over creation almost every weekend showing it off, “Todd” flips his keys to anyone who wants to take a drive, all of us are out in the streets trying to convince folks that this is the car for them. While I won’t mention any names here without permission, I know of several people who have purchased a Marauder after talking to or watching us.
All of this brings me to the point of the letter. With the money Ford has saved on advertising, perhaps a charitable donation can be made in the name of our club to some worthwhile foundation. If this is acceptable to you and any one you may have to answer to, please feel free to contact me, either by mail, or by e-mail at gnpcasey@yahoo.com. In any event, I thank you for you time and consideration.

Sincerely,

SILVERMARAUDER
11-29-2003, 11:09 AM
I work for Ford and would love to ad a comment on your letter not sure if it would help or not! i show off my MM and talk it up any chance i get let me know if i can help!:P