PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Marauder...

FordNut
06-03-2010, 06:22 PM
I was just thinking about this, since they're pulling the plug on Mercury. What would it take to Marauder-ize a brand new Grand Marquis? Well, I stopped by the dealer today and looked at the ordering guide and looked at a couple of cars on the lot. Here's some findings:

Exterior colors: DTR, Silver Birch, Black are available (along with other non-MM colors)
Exterior options: The LS Retail has fog lights, the LS Fleet does not (they are different, but it would have wiring and switch so the fog lights and brackets from a MM could be adapted)
Interior colors: Neither Marauder color is available, only Light Camel (tan) and Medium Light Stone (gray-ish)
Interior equipment: Standard TC, optional adjustable pedals, optional heated seats, split bench seats with 6-way both sides, optional steering wheel controls for AC and Radio (need to get the right options for MM door panels and dash trim to fit without having to do any wiring mods)
Sound system: No CD changer option available, but otherwise similar (300b/2004 type w/clock in radio) but I don't believe the subwoofer is available
Performance: 2.73 open rear, LS Retail has rear sway bar and air suspension, no dual exhaust and no performance handling package available (small sway bars, mushy spring rates for both front springs and airbags)

Exterior trim differences: chrome exterior door handles, headlights, marker lights, header panel, grille, both bumper covers, taillights, decklid trim/license plate mount, different side mouldings, no chrome exhaust tips

Interior trim swap: need a complete donor interior due to color differences: A, B, C pillar trims, carpet, headliner, visors, dash panel (w/glovebox and airbag), package tray, 3rd brake light, seat belts, seats, then the Marauder-specific stuff: door panels, dash trim, console, shifter (w/cables), instrument pod & gauges (and add-on wiring), overhead console, steering column, steering wheel, kick panels, the rest of the small trim pieces like ducts & cover panels: a little bit of custom work to adapt old sensors to new controls

Drivetrain: need to add dual exhaust with tips, change gear ratio, add positraction

Power: SOHC 4.6 Modular, needs converted to DOHC 4.6 Modular or maybe a DOHC 5.0 Coyote engine!

I'm probably missing a few things. (wheels)

So bottom line it would require a fairly complete donor car, especially for the interior swap.

LeoVampire
06-03-2010, 06:40 PM
There is a George Bush Presidential Grand Marquies for sale @ my dealership jet black with bullit proof doors and glass.

Anyone want to buy that one?

crest Automall

Big Black Beast
06-03-2010, 06:59 PM
It would be easier and cheaper to just buy another used one.
I don't know why they don't just slap the 300 hp Mustang V6 in it and keep selling it.
Call it the Lincoln MK 12 or something...

wht02lightning
06-03-2010, 08:04 PM
There is a George Bush Presidential Grand Marquies for sale @ my dealership jet black with bullit proof doors and glass.

Anyone want to buy that one?

crest Automall

thats freakin sweet!!! any links??

knine
06-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Somebody pass this to someone who won't make the decision: Make a final 2011 model of all products (Maarauder, Crown Vic Sport, etc) before pulling the line plug.

LIGHTNIN1
06-03-2010, 08:26 PM
I was thinking along the same lines of buying a last year model. I would have to wait though and buy used unless they started giving deals to get them off the lot. It would cost some dough to make it into a Marauder.

FordNut
06-03-2010, 08:31 PM
I was thinking along the same lines of buying a last year model. I would have to wait though and buy used unless they started giving deals to get them off the lot. It would cost some dough to make it into a Marauder.

They're supposed to have some major incentives coming up to clear them out.

Then find a wrecked Marauder similar to Merc's as a donor...