PDA

View Full Version : A Rough Day

PAVEDRVR
11-24-2003, 09:18 PM
Gents
I found out last night that 4 of my squadron mates were killed and 2 others injured in a crash of their USAF MH53 PaveLow helicopter operating out of their deployed base in Afghanistan. I ask you to remember these selfless Americans as you sit down with friends and family this holiday season. They were the best we had to offer and will be truly missed by those who knew them.
God Bless
Pete

Theodore Roosevelt, 1910
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out
how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds
could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man
who is actually in the arena, whose face in marred by dust
and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who
comes short again and again, because there is no effort
without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive
to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great
devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the
best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and
who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring
greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold
and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Bigdogjim
11-24-2003, 09:22 PM
Sorry for your loss.

I will remember them this Thanksgiving, and always, along with all the others who serve and protect our great Country.

God Bless America!

LincMercLover
11-24-2003, 09:53 PM
Damn... Sorry for your loss... All I can offer is my moment of silence for your companions, and that, in my eye's, isn't any where near enoph. My sympathies to you and their families... :(

bigslim
11-24-2003, 10:02 PM
Sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and yours and their families too.

MM03MOK
11-24-2003, 10:29 PM
There never was a good war or a bad peace.
Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) God Bless all our Service Personnel and their Families. May we never forget their sacrifices. You are all in my prayers.

Haggis
11-25-2003, 06:43 AM
To all who have lost their lives while serving this Great Nation in the cause of FREEDOM whether during peace time or war. We give you our Heart felt thanks this Holiday season and to their families and friends we thank you on supporting them as they defended our way of Life. GOD BLESS all the Service men and women whether home or overseas, we will keep you in our prayers and hope you will return home to your families and a grateful country.

I know I have used this picture before so excuse me. It touchs something down deep inside me.

Smokie
11-25-2003, 06:57 AM
May God bless those who serve and made the ultimate sacrifice...your loss is also our loss.

sailsmen
11-25-2003, 07:26 AM
"Evil succeeds where good men do nothing"

TripleG
11-25-2003, 08:15 AM
So sorry to hear, Military friends last a life time and they will be remembered by many. Prayers to all this Thanskgiving

Murader03
11-25-2003, 12:55 PM
Gordon, you can post that FLAG as often as you want. I think it's great! Being retired military, I know what some of the active duty folks are going through, espically at time of loss, and holidays. Most of the time our military does a thankless job. Some in this nation now believe they should not be doing the job now. During times of peril and aggression by others, our military stands tall and true. Our military strength and might have kept this country and our allies safe more times than not. If we could keep the politics and politicians out of the military business, most conflicts and wars would be over quicker with few losses and less damage. If we as a nation would back our military to the fullest, and let them do the job we have trained them for, then I don't believe the problems we are having in Iraq and other places would still be going on. I'm not for war for wars sake, but I've heard enough retoric, let's do the job and do the job correctly. If we had finished the job in the 90's we wouldn't be there now!

Haggis
11-25-2003, 12:58 PM
AMEN!!

Thank you, Bob.

gonzo50
11-25-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by MM03MOK
God Bless all our Service Personnel and their Families. May we never forget their sacrifices. You are all in my prayers.
May everyone have a safe Thanksgiving weekend and God Bless You. ;)

SILVERMARAUDER
11-25-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by LincMercLover
Damn... Sorry for your loss... All I can offer is my moment of silence for your companions, and that, in my eye's, isn't any where near enoph. My sympathies to you and their families... :(
Really sorry to hear that will keep you in our prayers!

MapleLeafMerc
11-25-2003, 02:43 PM
Many of your neighbours to the north also give thanks for the job your military men and women are doing.

God bless America.

jgc61sr2002
11-25-2003, 02:48 PM
Many Americans take their freedom for granted. Freedom is Not Free. God bless the men and women in the Armed Forces of this great Country.

pacammer
11-25-2003, 03:19 PM
Sorry for your loss. This combat veteran knows it is the heroic who never return. I got your 6 on this one.

Petrograde
11-25-2003, 04:30 PM
Sorry to hear about that Pavedriver,... I know how ya feel,.. A friend of mine (along with 16 other fine Americans)was killed last week when those 2 Blackhawks collided.

it's been said before.... Freedom isn't free. But, the price goes up when it involves Friends or family.

Tom

AFSP13
11-25-2003, 05:14 PM
Sorry for your loss . In my prayers i shall keep for everyone we loose is all our loss.

kurly
11-25-2003, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Haggis
[B]To all who have lost their lives while serving this Great Nation in the cause of FREEDOM whether during peace time or war. We give you our Heart felt thanks this Holiday season and to their families and friends we thank you on supporting them as they defended our way of Life. GOD BLESS all the Service men and women whether home or overseas, we will keep you in our prayers and hope you will return home to your families and a greatful country.

AMEN! Well said Haggis! . . . "To all . . . "

Well said everyone!

MarauderMike
11-25-2003, 08:41 PM
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friends. Honor and remember those who have lost their lives when called to the Battle Cry of Freedom for this great nation. Honor and respect those who are serving now and those that have served in the past. Freedom is not a right, it is a hard earned privilege.
God bless those in service, foreign and domestic and God Bless the United States of America!

Rollin'Thunder
11-25-2003, 09:13 PM
MAY GOD BLESS THOSE WHO SERVE AND PROTECT US AND THIS GREAT COUNTRY. AMEN

gilby04
11-25-2003, 10:20 PM
PAVEDRVR,

Sincerest condolences to you on the loss of your friends.
There are no words to express my deep sorrow.
Four more brave souls will be in my thoughts.
Thank you for honoring your friends with such caring.

Mark McQuaide
11-26-2003, 08:12 AM
They died heroes, in defense of freedom. We all are safer because of their sacrifice.

vaderv
11-26-2003, 01:18 PM
Please tell their families they will be missed by a bunch of us. I,m real sorry for all of your losses. <S><< btw thats a big salute.

PAVEDRVR
11-26-2003, 10:06 PM
Fellas
Thanks for the kind words. I've forwarded this thread to my buds currently overseas. It goes a long way to dispell the thoughts that they are being forgotten by regular Americans. They also appreciate the support of our Canadian friends whom I served with and who continue to serve in Afghanistan. Haggis your flag photo was a big hit.
Happy Thanksgiving to All
Pete