PDA

View Full Version : 2007 milan or Montego

SAAAAAC
06-08-2010, 09:47 AM
So I'm going to buy a new, used, everyday car to replace my 94 caprice. I was initially thinking a 2004-2007 Mountaineer but they are a little too pricy and I'm not sure that's what I want as an everyday beater. So I found a 2007 Milan Premeir and a 2007 Montego Premeir. Both Black on Black. Both V6 both AWD. The Montego has the CVT Transmission. I haven't driven either of these before. Does anyone have any input on either the Milan or the Montego? I'm trying to find a nice side kick for my Marauder.

Thanks

ctrlraven
06-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Go with the Milan. 2005-2007 Five Hundred/Montego had quite a few issues with the CVT trans and other stuff. I hope you get it from a Ford dealer than can offer you a ESP cause if anything goes in the CVT or AWD system it's going to be costly.

An 08 they got rid of the CVT trans for a 6spd and upgraded the motor from 3.0 to 3.5 in the now Taurus and Sable. How far are you from Laurel?

SAAAAAC
06-08-2010, 10:20 AM
I work in Landover so I'm less than 20 mins from Laurel.

LeoVampire
06-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Tell them if they certify it then your interested that way there you know all is well with it right off the bat and they stand behind the car better.

The Milan is a little lighter in weight so you will get better gas milage with it.

RoyLPita
06-08-2010, 10:39 AM
I have a Montego Premier 18" wheel new in the box for a price.

ctrlraven
06-08-2010, 11:07 AM
I work in Landover so I'm less than 20 mins from Laurel.
I bought my 08 Taurus from Academy Ford in Laurel. DOOM goes there for service, as do I and I also use to work there. Could probably get you a good deal on what they have on the lot.

Check out www.academyfordsales.com (http://www.academyfordsales.com)

I know they have several Fusions and one 2009 Sable Premier, also most of their Ford vehicles are Certified PreOwned. If you see anything you like let me know and I could meet you over there and point you in the right direction of who to talk to.

SAAAAAC
06-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Cool thanks! I don't see anything I like all that much but I will keep checking. I would prefer black on black/charcoal. I know its silly but I want my next mercury to match the marauder. Kinda like a kid sister. Haha. Do you think they can find whatever I want?

I bought my 08 Taurus from Academy Ford in Laurel. DOOM goes there for service, as do I and I also use to work there. Could probably get you a good deal on what they have on the lot.

Check out www.academyfordsales.com (http://www.academyfordsales.com)

I know they have several Fusions and one 2009 Sable Premier, also most of their Ford vehicles are Certified PreOwned. If you see anything you like let me know and I could meet you over there and point you in the right direction of who to talk to.

ctrlraven
06-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Not used, cause they sell trade-ins and purchase vehicles from auctions. I know the old used car manager that worked there, if you put a couple thousand down he would get what you wanted since money down told him you were serious but sadly he doesn't work there anymore.

SAAAAAC
06-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Awwww man. I could totally put something down. Oh well. I'll keep checking their page. Thanks.

Not used, cause they sell trade-ins and purchase vehicles from auctions. I know the old used car manager that worked there, if you put a couple thousand down he would get what you wanted since money down told him you were serious but sadly he doesn't work there anymore.

Vortex
06-08-2010, 02:02 PM
The Montego is basically the same car as the new Taurus and is based on the Volvo s60 chassis. Much bigger car than a Milan.

ctrlraven
06-08-2010, 02:59 PM
It's nowhere near the same as the new gen Taurus and shares just some design and alike features as the new 2008 Sable name rolled in.

As with the Taurus, the Sable name was resurrected to apply to an updated version of the Mercury Montego. However, the changes from the Montego to the Sable are more extensive to that of the Five Hundred to the Taurus. From the Montego, the Sable sports a new front fascia, hood, fenders, trunk, and taillights. Inside, the Sable offers similar options and features to the Taurus, although it has the unique features of two toned leather seats and light woodgrain trim. The Sable offers the same drivetrain improvements as the Taurus.Engine:
2007 - 3.0L Duratec V6 203hp booooooo
2008 - 3.5L Duratec V6 263hp yayyyyyyy :burnout:

Trans:
2007 - 6spd Aisin Auto or Optional ZF CVT boooooooooo :puke:
2008 - 6spd 6F50 yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I had the option of a 2007 Five Hundred loaded with 27k miles or a 2008 Taurus loaded with 58k miles. I chose the better of the two even with it having twice as many miles and costing more.

Vortex
06-09-2010, 07:12 AM
The "new" Taurus under the skin is still based on the 2005 500/Montego which themselves were both based on the Volvo:

"The two cars are based on the new Ford Freestyle crossover, which itself is based on Volvo's (http://buyersguide.roadandtrack.com/volvo) P2 platform (S80, S60, V70 and XC90); not a bad starting point, and Ford says Volvo helped greatly with crash safety and energy management. These are good-size cars, with a wheelbase of 112.9 in. and a length of 200.7. "