PDA

View Full Version : Wonder if these seats would fit?

CBT
06-09-2010, 10:53 AM

2011 Shelby GT500 seats, looking sharp, love that embroidered snakey snake. A friend of mine has a Harley D. edition Ford pickup, it has some pretty badass factory seats, also. I'm starting to hate my light flint interior more and more lately and may start looking for moe comfy front seats. Anyone else swapped out our front seats for anything other than racing buckets? Sidenote, the most comfortable Marauder seat I ever sat in WAS a racing seat in a Marauder, tho.

ctrlraven
06-09-2010, 11:17 AM
I enjoy my MM seats compared to my Taurus seats. The problem is for me at least is that I don't want to give up the side air bag it comes with so only other option is to have to seats completely redone with new leather and new foam form with bigger bolsters.

Zack
06-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Anything will fit with a BFH.

CBT
06-09-2010, 11:22 AM
I enjoy my MM seats compared to my Taurus seats. The problem is for me at least is that I don't want to give up the side air bag it comes with so only other option is to have to seats completely redone with new leather and new foam form with bigger bolsters.
Yeah but scope out that pic again, it's got the little 'airbag' tag on it.

ctrlraven
06-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Yeah but scope out that pic again, it's got the little 'airbag' tag on it.
True now that I really look at the pic but who knows if the plugs will match up and I wouldn't want to mess with the plugs cause who knows if everything would work until an accident would happen. Also have to integrate the power seat controls to work with the new seat if possible.

Egon Spengler
06-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Case, what have you been huffing on? I like our seats...

Krytin
06-09-2010, 01:53 PM
True now that I really look at the pic but who knows if the plugs will match up and I wouldn't want to mess with the plugs cause who knows if everything would work until an accident would happen. Also have to integrate the power seat controls to work with the new seat if possible.

The plugs would be no problem for the side impact air bags or the power seat controls if the replacement seat has them.

ImpalaSlayer
06-09-2010, 01:56 PM
im with you Casey, my LF seats look like complete ass and have no support when cornering. it think when im done my engine ill be looking into this

ctrlraven
06-09-2010, 02:09 PM
The plugs would be no problem for the side impact air bags or the power seat controls if the replacement seat has them.
Yeah if they are the same style connection and plug-n-play. I'm thinking they don't match up but would rather think that and have a plan then think they do and they don't and be up the creek without a paddle you know.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Krytin
06-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Yeah if they are the same style connection and plug-n-play. I'm thinking they don't match up but would rather think that and have a plan then think they do and they don't and be up the creek without a paddle you know.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best.
The basic circut on the air bags are the same. Junkyard plugs will provide the (if required) adapter with a little brain cell activity and some solder/shrink tube insulation. Same for the power seats.

ImpalaSlayer
06-09-2010, 05:08 PM
see my biggest problem with swaping in a different seat would be loosing the power adjustments or air bag. i could care less if the seats were auto or manual, i just dont want useless buttons in the car, one of my biggest pet peeves.

RoyLPita
06-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Mustangs do not have power recline.

mrjones
06-09-2010, 08:19 PM
The MOPAR SRTs and Road & Track cars have some VERY nice seats in them with lots of lateral support AND enough room for my fat butt.

03blackvegas
06-10-2010, 07:36 PM
I thought it was GBMFH.

rayjay
06-10-2010, 07:59 PM
im with you Casey, my LF seats look like complete ass and have no support when cornering. it think when im done my engine ill be looking into this

+1, as I said at Carlisle to some members, the seat in my Aveo is more comfortable. Had I kept DD the Marauder I was going to have a local custom seat shop put more support in.