PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy vs. Ring

2003 MIB
11-26-2003, 08:38 AM
After much soul searching and budgeting, I bought an engagement ring instead of the Trilogy supercharger kit. She doesn't know yet (Shhhh Lady X- it's a secret) but I plan to propose at the gates of Graceland on January 8th (Elvis' birthday). Maybe I'll be belt-driven with next year's Christmas bonus. After all, it's just a car right??????

Macon Marauder
11-26-2003, 08:56 AM
Just a car?! Yeah, right. :)

Must some ring.
Must be some special lady. Congratulations!

MAD-3R
11-26-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by 2003 MIB
After much soul searching and budgeting, I bought an engagement ring instead of the Trilogy supercharger kit. She doesn't know yet (Shhhh Lady X- it's a secret) but I plan to propose at the gates of Graceland on January 8th (Elvis' birthday). Maybe I'll be belt-driven with next year's Christmas bonus. After all, it's just a car right??????

Maybe she will get you the trilogy kit for an engament present. And besure to get down on one knee to do it. Even the most strident femiminest loves that "romance" stuff. Something to be said for traditions. :coolman:

TAF
11-26-2003, 09:36 AM
Ask Jerry Barnes or Dennis Reinhart if they have a "Wedding Registry":lol:

Why just register for bathtowels and china??!!

Racerx88
11-26-2003, 10:18 AM
Don't worry Dan, I'll keep Lady-X quiet about it! Congratulations!

JET
11-26-2003, 11:25 AM
Congratulations, welcome to my world. The end is near. You thought Y2K was going to be bad wait to you experience NTH not tonight hun.

All kidding aside I wish you & soon to be Mrs. MIB nothing but health, wealth & happiness.

John

Logan
11-26-2003, 12:01 PM
Great news Dan!! Congrats!

Bigdogjim
11-26-2003, 12:59 PM
MIB2003: Tuff call:) If you follow your heart you'll be ok.

Like TAF said see if Jerry or Dennis have a gift sign up:):):)

Best of luck.............

vaderv
11-26-2003, 01:14 PM
Give her a hug and KISS for us when she says yes.

bigslim
11-26-2003, 05:06 PM
Believe it or not I was in your shoes earlier this year. I had a Lincoln LS and got rid of it for a cheaper car note. I then got my MM. Then I rode in the Trilogy car and said "If I wasn't getting married I could buy one of these". Well, we broke up earlier this summer and I will be getting my Trilogy next week. Ain't life grand?

DetGeno
11-26-2003, 05:48 PM
Big, you da man!!!!

2003 MIB
11-26-2003, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the kind words and advice, Folks... I had to tell somebody and this place feels like family (the Manson family but still a family). Bigslim's got a great point- when one door closes another one opens- there's wisdom in that.
Buying the ring was not for the faint of heart. I felt like they were speaking another language. I snagged a woman from work to help me shop. It's only fair, I go with her to the Jiffy Lube to make sure she doesn't get sold "blinker fluid" or some other snake oil.

Paul T. Casey
11-26-2003, 06:21 PM
Good move, IMHO marriage is the best thing that I've done in my life (this time anyway.) They build Marauders and Trilogy kits everyday, the special woman comes only once. One of the best things about married life for a man, you never have to dance again, if you so choose.

cruzer
11-26-2003, 09:29 PM
Well spoken , Paul. The right woman can make you happy for a VERY long time---cars are instant gratification--go for the long haul---Congrats and best wishes, Maury

ik04
11-26-2003, 11:10 PM
Rings are symbolic. A $5.00 ring can mean just as much as a ten thousand dollar ring.

I did the same thing a long time ago; spent money intended for my Airline Transport Pilot flight test (checkride) on an engagement ring. Bad decision.

It took me six years to get that certificate and by then she was long gone and I had a worthless ring...

Buy the Trilogy kit and never look back.....

Kevin

bigslim
11-26-2003, 11:17 PM
If I could find the right woman I would do it too. My folks have married 44yrs. It can be the best thing. But then again, so can a MM.

CRUZTAKER
11-27-2003, 07:24 AM
Good choice Dan! My wife is wearing my s/c, and for that fact, my hemi too!!

But without her, theoretically speaking, I wouldn't have a MM, NOR the companionship a car can't provide. And the boy! Don't even get me started there....:P

Keep saving...it ALL comes back to you! Good luck and congrats!

rumble
11-27-2003, 08:05 AM
Good job Dan! Barb and I both wish you the best. Don't worry my friend, they will have S\C around for a while but this kind of chance only comes once in a lifetime.

2003 MIB
11-27-2003, 08:12 AM
Kevin,
First, congratulations on your certificate- it was no doubt a hard fought accomplishment. A lesser man might have resigned himself to depression or worse. Nice going...
Buy the kit and never look back? Hell yeah!!! six months ago- I was you and quite happy.
I've been married before and it failed (taking me to the abyss of financial ruin. I searched and searched for someone I thought I could live with. Eventually, I just figured it wasn't meant for me.
Then it happened, a tattooed, sarcastic, blonde CPA who wants to go to gun shows, Marauder club shows and shares my delight at finding the perfect deep fried gas station burrito.
It finally hit me at the tender age of 38- I'd been searching for someone I thought I could live with when I should have been looking for someone I couldn't live without.
There's one out there for you too, Bro. Watch out!!!!- they'll sneak up on you and it's not so bad...:)
Now, if I ever talk about trading the MM for a minivan- somebody please shoot me....

CRUZTAKER
11-27-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by 2003 MIB
Now, if I ever talk about trading the MM for a minivan- somebody please shoot me....

We don't go there...:P

Let's hope she doesn't pop the 'honey, we a land rover' question on you! Mine did a few weeks ago....just in case we have more kids.... :help:

jgc61sr2002
11-27-2003, 10:04 AM
2003 MIB - Congrats. I think you made the right move.:beer:

DONP1217
11-27-2003, 10:30 AM
I read this post to my girlfriend. She says she would rather have the Trilogy supercharger!

CRUZTAKER
11-27-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by DONP1217
I read this post to my girlfriend. She says she would rather have the Trilogy supercharger!

DOH!! :eek: Lucky guy...

martyo
11-27-2003, 09:52 PM
Ahhhh, second marriages: The triumph of hope over experience!

Can you say "Pre-nuptial Agreement"?

jspradii
11-28-2003, 01:54 AM
Oh Marty!!!! You shameless cynic! Hmmmmm..., however, one working definition of insanity is " doing something that didn't work over and over the same way but expecting different results" Ok....OK!!!you're not the ONLY cynic! (Would someone pass me the kool-aid?)