PDA

View Full Version : A big thanks to SmokdMercRauder!

ctrlraven
06-14-2010, 11:38 AM
A fine example of members helping other members.

:beer:

I have talked about having 4.10 gears installed for what seems like 3 years now lol, the stars and planets must of been aligned just right because this past Saturday SmokdMercRauder installed my 4.10 gears along with a new FRPP 28-spline diff.

He was kind to do this on his day off which worked out better to do than after work since it was about 5-6 hrs to complete it all, setting the diff up is what took him the longest but he took his time to do it right which meant a lot.

So again thank you very much Nuru, you helped me get one step closer to my NA 12's goal!

Also he pointed out that one of the weights (not sure if there was one or more) was starting to come undone from the driveshaft which I have planned to go the CVPI MMX driveshaft swap soon anyways.

I think I may hold off from going to the track until I do the driveshaft and maybe see where I have a leak at around the tail shaft since it looks like something around there has been weeping.

Oh and Paul your 13.6x time will be crushed very soon! MWAHAHAHAHA

musclemerc
06-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Nuru is one helluvaguy for helping you reach the impossible. I've had the pleasure of dealing with him too and came to the same conclusion. So any regrets loosing the 3:55's?

ctrlraven
06-14-2010, 12:10 PM
No regrets, honestly I haven't noticed too much of a difference between 3.55 and now the 4.10s besides my TC not unlocking on slight inclines like it used to and of course it's easier on the take offs, with the 3.55 gears I had to give it some extra throttle to get it going on easy take offs.

I will say about Nuru, he offered a very fair price to install them, though a little worried about now having money to spend I did offer to hold on to the money for him until whenever he really needed it. :lol:
Even nice enough to send me a text msg this morning checking in and see how everything was going.

Going to have him do carfixer's alignment specs next.

breeze
06-14-2010, 12:14 PM
dont you run on 16's at the track?

ImpalaSlayer
06-14-2010, 12:30 PM
like i said in the text "holy ****in ****!" its about time! seems like its been "im getting them in this weekend" since ive joined here :lol:.

ctrlraven
06-14-2010, 12:31 PM
dont you run on 16's at the track?
I'll run both to see how much it drops with them. The 16's "cheaters" as ImpalaSlayer calls them gave me an effective rear gear of 3.89 with 3.55 gears. On street tires now I have an effective 4.04 rear gear with 4.10s. If I throw on the "cheaters" I'll be around 4.51 effective rear gear with the 4.10s.

Once these 255/55's are done I'll be going to 265/50's which is a slightly shorter tire so that will bump up the effective rear gear to around 4.18.

like i said in the text "holy ****in ****!" its about time! seems like its been "im getting them in this weekend" since ive joined here :lol:.
Well that's because it's true! I had my first set of Ford Motive 4.10 gears back then which I ended up selling to another member.

ImpalaSlayer
06-14-2010, 12:32 PM
oh forgot to say, hope you claim Glenns 100 bucks

SmokdMercRauder
06-15-2010, 06:25 AM
I'm glad your happy cause to me, helping people seems to make me happy!!(And i guess i do it everyday) You can do the smallest things which brighten other peoples days and could even be a memory that would stick with them for a lifetime!! Sometimes you don't even realize it!! So thumbs up:2thumbs:....It took time but theres nothing like doin it right the 1st time.... Let get that thing to the track and see what it will do!! Once you get your driveshaft of course...and a big YOUR:welcome1:

Blackened300a
06-15-2010, 06:36 AM
Oh and Paul your 13.6x time will be crushed very soon! MWAHAHAHAHA

Bring it on sir!!!!!!!!!!! Im back to full compression and have a spaz intake bolted on!! We should plan a track day and race each other.

oh forgot to say, hope you claim Glenns 100 bucks

Today is engine start up and the quest continues. ;)

rayjay
06-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Congrats on getting the 4.10s installed. :beer: