PDA

View Full Version : Almost committed to new project...

Vortex
06-14-2010, 08:55 PM
...but decided against it at the last minute. I had told myself a long time ago if I want to get another vehicle, something Ive already got has to go and Im really enjoying what I have right now. That said, Im a total troll on craiglist for cars, motorcycles ect... and ever since the early 70's Ive wanted a cool van. I know the younger folks today think they are a laugh but a cool short windowless van with a good rake, nice mags, zoomie pipes and a nice paintjob (solid, no murals) would be cool to own. Found this today on CL and I talked to the owner who said I could have it for $2500 semolians. Of course in my eyes Im seeing what I described and not the work or dollars involved in getting it like I wanted. So anyway, here it is (you need to scroll down to see the pics):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1975-Dodge-Van-Shorty-70s-DISCO-Street-Van-Original-/120577242667?cmd=ViewItem

Big Black Beast
06-14-2010, 09:04 PM
I think I see why painted metal bumpers aren't a good idea.
Anyway, at least it's not an Astro!:rolleyes:

Leadfoot281
06-14-2010, 09:06 PM
"That thang gotta hemi in it?' .

Nope, better! The Leaning Tower of Power! :lol:

I say go for it but you've got to put at least one mural on it. I suggest a naked chick with big hooters swordfighting a dragon. Better yet, TWO dragons. Oh, and a chain link steering wheel. :cool:

MrBluGruv
06-14-2010, 09:11 PM
... I know the younger folks today think they are a laugh but a cool short windowless van with a good rake, nice mags, zoomie pipes and a nice paintjob (solid, no murals) would be cool to own.

Mister, I for one actually LOVE that idea, so you can count me off that list of young folks. ;)

For the longest time, I've wanted an 80's Chevy conversion van to cruise around in, but worked over the way you've described minus maybe the paint job. I'm all for going fast, but why just settle for fast when you can get all the same looks and loud as your muscle car PLUS the space for fun wherever you should choose to park it?

+1 to a van project.

Motorhead350
06-14-2010, 11:32 PM
I know the younger folks today think they are a laugh

Ummmm excuse me? :D

I've always liked vans and thought Dodge made them look better than anyone. I still have this Truckin' magizine from many years ago that was devoted to vans. I must have spent hours looking at all of the artwork on the sides of those things and it was cool how unique everyone made the interiors.

I wanna Boogie Van sometime, but not anytime soon.

There is an album I have called King Of The Road and it's full of those things...

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00004D3C1.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZ Z_.jpg

RoyLPita
06-15-2010, 06:11 AM
Was that Van available at one time with the 440?

Vortex
06-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Was that Van available at one time with the 440?

I remember trying to buy a new Dodge van in 1976 and I think it was either the bulletproof slant 6 or the 318.

Mr. Squirrel
06-15-2010, 07:53 AM
I love old vans myself espically window less ones. My dad had a chevy one but he let that one go. It had a nice 350 in it but he let it go because he didn't want it anymore.

martyo
06-15-2010, 08:05 AM
Hell yeah on the date rape van!!!!

I am a fan of station wagons myself.