PDA

View Full Version : Cop decks chick

Juice
06-16-2010, 04:05 PM
A Seattle police officer punches a 19 year old girl in the face during an altercation.

Here's the vid:
http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/20360943

The way I see it, the instant you touch the officer you are fair game. I guarantee that girl won't do that again.

Blackened300a
06-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Its 2 on one. You have to eliminate the threat. I have to agree with the cop on this one.

LIGHTNIN1
06-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Since no one else has commented on this one it is my chance. There is probably more to the story than meats the eye. Anyway I am not a policeman but they put up with a lot of crap. Not going to take sides here but usually people put themselves in to these situations, so I will cover all bases, not every time, DONE.;);)

babbage
06-16-2010, 04:41 PM
+1 It doesn't matter if they are black woman. Cop is arresting someone - and you step in to free the person he's trying to cuff?

Oh yeah. Their dumb ass deserves to get their ass beat.

babbage
06-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Since no one else has commented on this one it is my chance. There is probably more to the story than meats the eye. Anyway I am not a policeman but they put up with a lot of crap. Not going to take sides here but usually people put themselves in to these situations, so I will cover all bases, not every time, DONE.;);)

? um, and you posted for what reason?

hwy73
06-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Its 2 on one. You have to eliminate the threat. I have to agree with the cop on this one.

Exactly. And whose side do you think those bystanders were going to jump to the aid of ? The odds against the officer were going to worsen very quickly.

Bluerauder
06-16-2010, 04:52 PM
+1 on this ^^^^^^ I hope common sense prevails and this doesn't become another Beer with Obama moment.

Hacklemerc
06-16-2010, 05:07 PM
He should have put more of his hips into it to get more power behind the punch ;) ... All in all though its justified. He was in the process of arresting someone, second party jumped in and shoved the officer. He is justified in using the next level of force to regain control of the situation.

BAD MERC
06-16-2010, 05:12 PM
B!tch had it comin! Damn street attitude gets OLD!

SpartaPerformance
06-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Paul is right when you carry a weapon and there are multiple threats they must be eliminated or you you will be. Cops are trained to defend themselves so their weapons can't be used against them or any other people. It's a very simple rule don't put your hands on a cop and they wont punch you in the face!

PonyUP
06-16-2010, 05:59 PM
A police officer has to establish an aura of authority otherwise a riot can happen very quickly. When a police officer is subduing someone and they resist and then someone else jumps in, these things escalate fast. She's lucky he didn't taser her stupid ass.

Follow the orders of the police officer

Cobra25
06-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Its 2 on one. You have to eliminate the threat. I have to agree with the cop on this one.I agree 100% with the Officer !

kmastl
06-16-2010, 08:29 PM

I would like to have seen him use a taser, there is no excuse for getting in an officers face like that.

Spectragod
06-17-2010, 03:07 AM
What I find interesting..... there was someone there conviently videoing to whole event, when the tables turned on the 2 trouble makers, that's when the people start asking him, why did you hit a 17YO? That's too damn bad in my opinion, you wanna play with the big boys, then that's what happens.

I personally think that the crowd was trying to start more than just a fight. Otherwise the video never would have surfaced. Remeber the video of the "epic bearded man"?

I am waiting for the riots to start happening now, should be interesting............

DEFYANT
06-17-2010, 04:50 AM
He is justified. And lucky that crowd didn't pounce on him. I'd like to know where his back up was? Over 2 minutes, no response? No sirens in the back ground?

Shame he has to endure an IA investigation and be tried across the internet.

ctrlraven
06-17-2010, 05:31 AM
He did what he was trained to defuse the problem. You don't put your hands on a LEO and not expect anything to happen.

fastblackmerc
06-17-2010, 05:34 AM
Siding with the officer on this one.

dakslim
06-17-2010, 05:35 AM
Totally justified, IMHO!

Cheeseheadbob
06-17-2010, 06:24 AM
Charlie, I was wondering the exact same thing as I was watching it. You would figure another cruiser would be close. I would love to hear the 911 calls from the losers standing there capturing the event on their phones. Probably something like this; caller: "there is an officer attacking a poor, defenseless 17 year old girl who did absolutely nothing wrong." Dispatcher: "are you involved with the altercation or helping the officer?" caller: "Hell no, I'm too busy taking the video...":shake:
I'd like to know where his back up was? Over 2 minutes, no response? No sirens in the back ground?

vkirkend
06-17-2010, 06:36 AM
Whether you like the charge or not, you comply with officers requests and you definitely don't intervene in defense of the perp. If so you better be prepared for the consequences.:shake:

Egon Spengler
06-17-2010, 06:37 AM
All this over j-walking?!?!

Vortex
06-17-2010, 07:02 AM
The officer was attacked and he responded.

Spectragod
06-17-2010, 08:49 AM
All this over j-walking?!?!

Not at all, it's all over "failure to comply with the direct order of a police officer", a seperate charge all on it's own. As far as her touching him, that is assault, that can be charged as a felony.

Sometimes it's just best to do as the nice police man tells you.

Egon Spengler
06-17-2010, 08:53 AM
Not at all, it's all over "failure to comply with the direct order of a police officer", a seperate charge all on it's own. As far as her touching him, that is assault, that can be charged as a felony.

Sometimes it's just best to do as the nice police man tells you.
I understand that. I am just saying I can't believe that this all stemmed from j-walking. Not saying that the officer acted out of line, just saying that I can't believe j-walking triggered all this.

Spectragod
06-17-2010, 09:01 AM
I understand that. I am just saying I can't believe that this all stemmed from j-walking. Not saying that the officer acted out of line, just saying that I can't believe j-walking triggered all this.

Consider the people involved, it seems like the younger crowd always wants to try their luck with the police, and video it at the same time, almost sounds like it was set up. I didn't see anyone coming to the officers aid as he was tangling with 2 females at once, they just want to video and ask stupid questions. The future of America right there.

ROCOB
06-17-2010, 09:10 AM
What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men (women/folks) you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he(she) wants it... well, he(she) gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

Personally the last sentence in the quote is not applicable. She never should have laid hands on the LEO. That is not a smart practice. :nono:
ROCOB

fastblackmerc
06-17-2010, 12:10 PM

Why argue and interfere with someone that has a gun and is trained to use it?

Some people are just stupid.

ctrlraven
06-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Why argue and interfere with someone that has a gun and is trained to use it?

Some people are just stupid.
Saying people are stupid is not very PC!!!

The correct term is "gifted in the head".

Egon Spengler
06-17-2010, 12:27 PM
The correct term is "gifted in the head".
I personally like to call them retreads

Phrog_gunner
06-17-2010, 12:34 PM
It looks like I may be in the minority here, but I have no problem criticizing that officer's actions. The officer could have been doing something else that would have been more beneficial to the taxpaying citizen than wrestle with those two girls. I'm sure countless thousands of dollars were spent to train and equip this officer with a taser. All of those dollars went to waste when he failed to tase that beeotch.

dohc324ci
06-17-2010, 12:49 PM
You know its easy to sit back and play monday morning quarter back....

I was fortunately able to go through some scenario based exercises through a local police program and you dont have to think things thoroughly. I remember having to go through a scenario where I responded to a call in an office; two suspects were alarmed when I entered the office. One suspect grabbed a worker then looked like he was reaching for a weapon at the same time workers in the building were scrambling and getting in the way of a clear shot....in that split second I had to decide do I shoot or...screw it I shot the suspect.

After we reviewed and I had to go through a simulated interrogation...by the sergant in charge of the sim: why did you shoot, how many times did you shoot, did it require lethal force....

In short I recalled maybe 2-3 shots well the sim recorded 7!!!! and yes 2 hits out of 7 but 1 was lethal. Moral of my story it isnt easy being in their shoes.

He reacted with what he thought at that time was the appropriate force. Right or wrong during and altercation. We are not talking about leathal force just appropriate force; sure maybe coulda shoulda woulda but we as citizen should no better REALLY?

jflave
06-17-2010, 01:01 PM
Got to be kidding me, six weeks ago in the city (PHILA.) someone got wet from a hose, the guy shot & killed the person who wet him. Hard to understand it but it happens every day,unless you see it you can't believe it. 20 years PPD (70'd to 90'd) glad i got out, life is good. :)

fastblackmerc
06-17-2010, 01:22 PM
It looks like I may be in the minority here, but I have no problem criticizing that officer's actions. The officer could have been doing something else that would have been more beneficial to the taxpaying citizen than wrestle with those two girls. I'm sure countless thousands of dollars were spent to train and equip this officer with a taser. All of those dollars went to waste when he failed to tase that beeotch.

Remember....

"Don't taze me Bro? Don't taze me Bro!"

ImpalaSlayer
06-17-2010, 02:27 PM
hahahah that was great. i wish more cops would do this.

mrjones
06-17-2010, 03:21 PM
I think I agree with everybody else here: B!tch had it coming!

What's sad is that his Captain on the video is trying to be PC when he should be unequivocally backing up his officer. She laid hands on him first. She intervened when she shouldn't have. He eliminated the threat. He did what he should've.

And they all have to be extra careful because it's a white officer and a black girl.

Mac-MerC
06-17-2010, 03:31 PM
You cant F... with the police
someone is gonna pul the race card so it really doesnt matter what he did. she shouldnt have ran up..... he layed her ass down

if he would have peppered sprayed her it would have been wrong... if he would have tazed her it would have been wrong... and of course if he would have shot her it would have been wrong.

maybe he should have hit her with the billy club
she should know better .... Cant F with the police.

ImpalaSlayer
06-17-2010, 03:34 PM
You cant F... with the police
someone is gonna pul the race card so it really doesnt matter what he did. she shouldnt have ran up..... he layed her ass down

if he would have peppered sprayed her it would have been wrong... if he would have tazed her it would have been wrong... and of course if he would have shot her it would have been wrong.

maybe he should have hit her with the billy club
she should know better .... Cant F with the police.

couldnt have said that part better myself. anything the police do is wrong. i :censor: hate people

Spectragod
06-17-2010, 07:31 PM

See, this is where you are completely 100% wrong, he should have put 2 in the chest and 1 in the head:gunfire:, wha-la, problem at hand solved, then kill all the witness's FTW.

MMarauder03
06-17-2010, 07:44 PM
See, this is where you are completely 100% wrong, he should have put 2 in the chest and 1 in the head:gunfire:, wha-la, problem at hand solved, then kill all the witness's FTW.

Man, I'm glad you're not an officer!! Lol

DEFYANT
06-17-2010, 08:15 PM
It is always the dumb stuff.

Like jaywalking. But it must be a problem in that area. Perhaps someone was recently hit by a car and the officers bosses instructed him to enforce that law. Police get "radar requests" from many citizens wanting speed enforcement in their neighborhood. Get stopped in that area, you'll probably get a ticket regardless of how fast you were going.

It is very possible the officer was told to be there was was only doing his job.

twin03
06-17-2010, 11:22 PM
I would have gave it to both of the girls....

Spectragod
06-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Man, I'm glad you're not an officer!! Lol

I was joking, and yes, I am.

fastblackmerc
06-19-2010, 05:42 AM
Just saw on TV that the original offender has apologized to the officer. Officer still being investigated :confused::shake::shake:

justbob
06-19-2010, 08:29 AM
Like she didn't think that was gonna happen when wrestling a LEO???? DUH.

He controlled the situation quickly and swiftly. He did his JOB.

blackhueys
06-19-2010, 10:10 AM
First I think the cop was right de escalate the situation before you have to rely on your weapons IE sidearm taser. also agree as said above what was the whole story do people jaywalk there all the time? did someone get killed? maybe a jaywalker caused a real bad accident at that location. But me personally I beat up a cop every once in awhile (Ok so he is my brother and its for training lol)

boatmangc
06-19-2010, 10:35 AM
+1 [QUOTE=Hacklemerc;926451]He should have put more of his hips into it to get more power behind the punch ;) ...
Totally justified. It is a shame how much more the taxpayers will have to pay just for the poor guy doing what he was trained to do.