PDA

View Full Version : What the H--- !!!!!!!

cruzer
06-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Look at the pics first, ten read my remarks.
The address side:
Yeah, Top Dollar--if it's about to lose it's value , why do they want it ??????
Buy Back ???? what's the deal--they are treating it like a recall ????
Message side:
"Don't wait to lose your investment in your vehicle " ????? Oh, my MM is gonna be worth $2,000 next week--dream on Dealer
"rapidly diminishing value"--Gee I thought Mercurys were a quality product of a reputable auto builder ???
"Because we know once you experience a Ford, you will be a Ford owner for life" Whoa--I thought the 12 new Mercs I have bought over the last 60 years were built by Ford--they've been lying all the time :confused:
"Don't wait until your trade has no value and replacement parts "and" ??? are no longer available" THis is a damning statement --they are saying to me--Don't buy another Ford product because we won't be here for you whenever we decide you need a new car.

This correspondence is out of FL--is this a Ford Corp sanctioned letter, or did my Ford dealer jump off a cliff on his own????

I will never buy another Ford product and neither will any of my family and any friends I can convince---60 years of loyalty doesn't mean a thing. I am lucky to have a Ford service dep't that doesn't operate by these rules--wonder how long it will be before they lose their franchise ???

Guess we, as a group , try to work out something to stockpile parts cars. Other cars have been orphaned and survived to bring great prices a few years down the line.

To sum it up---Somebody at Ford has lost their mind:help::help:

By the way, I got this in the mail today

Thanks for letting me vent:mad2:, Maury

MMBLUE
06-16-2010, 09:26 PM
WTF, A bunch of idiots trying to effin sell cars. I say, just state the facts :bs: will always show its ugly head.

ChiTownMaraud3r
06-16-2010, 09:36 PM
This is ridiculous. If I was the owner of a company with a closing subsidiary..I would not want to have my customers handed that garbage.

Basically you telling your customer what you sold them is now junk, and to trade it for the newer thing (for a rip off) before it's too late and you screw yourself.

I have a feeling that was your retarded dealer, notice the text in red towards the bottom..
It reads: "Don't wait until your trade has no value and replacement parts and are no longer available."

This jargon of a sentence doesn't even make grammatical sense. Did they even proof read??

a_d_a_m
06-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Definitely not a Ford-sanctioned piece of correspondence.

Dealers send those sorts of things out all the time. They're trying to get you to come in with your Merc, trade it in (possibly at diminished value when there is really no reason to mark it down), and walk off the lot with a new car you don't want.

blackhueys
06-16-2010, 09:51 PM
so sell it back to them with the buy back program for maybe a grand less then original list price see what they say to that lol

Bluerauder
06-17-2010, 04:09 AM
On the plus side Maury, they at least got the Mercury Marauder part correct. I keep getting letters asking me to trade-in my 2003 Grand Marquis because of the stupid M75 VIN used during 2003. :rolleyes:

RoyLPita
06-17-2010, 05:05 AM
Maury,
Just take advantage of the $14.95 oil change on the front of the letter and be done with it.

Egon Spengler
06-17-2010, 05:13 AM
I'd say calm down and don't let this effect your view on Ford. I would still buy a Ford before I buy any other vehicle.

This is obviously not directly from Ford, but from a dealership looking for sales...

fastblackmerc
06-17-2010, 05:20 AM
Goes directly into the round file......

dakslim
06-17-2010, 06:03 AM
I'm still waiting for my Mercury cancellation letter.:(

Egon Spengler
06-17-2010, 06:19 AM
I'm still waiting for my Mercury cancellation letter.:(
Me too! Don't think it is coming though seeing as how I am either 2nd or 3rd owner

dakslim
06-17-2010, 06:20 AM
Me too! Don't think it is coming though seeing as how I am either 2nd or 3rd owner

I'm the one and only owner of this MM.:)

Vortex
06-17-2010, 06:57 AM
Some company used the Mercury logo in their otherwise crap ad. I agree this is not a Ford corporate ad. Send directly to s__tcan file.

cruzer
06-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Think I'll send this ad to the Chairman of the Board--personal and Confidential--what do you think ????

Egon Spengler
06-17-2010, 08:52 AM
Think I'll send this ad to the Chairman of the Board--personal and Confidential--what do you think ????
Great idea! Get their pee pee slapped for sure!

Krytin
06-17-2010, 09:19 AM
YES!!!!
Please do this and you can add my name to any complaint you file with them - this kind of advertising BS needs to be dealt a quick kick in the b**ls!!!

RacerX
06-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Watch them trade in the MM, sell you a new car, you go back a week later and they'll have the MM out front in the best spot with the biggest sign: Rare Mercury Marauder! Get It While You Can Before They're All Gone! Only $29,990!!! Either that or the owner wants one bad for cheap! :D

Stranger in the Black Sedan
06-18-2010, 07:50 AM
LOL thats pretty bad. I think it makes our cars even more exclusive no? Not only are they limited edition but you can also call them defunct too. Makes the value go up cha ching?

LSp8
06-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Yup, My MM will enjoy many, many years of non-daily driver ownership. The only new Ford vehicle I'd consider now is an F series truck. That's it.

BUCKWHEAT
06-20-2010, 05:10 AM
Remember that dealers are not the Manufacturer. They make their money moving units. Any sales pitch that gets you in the door will do. Fords are and will continue to be good cars. They have passed Toyota in initial quality. That's something to be proud of.

Regardless of the Mercury discontinuance, our cars remain of interest. My guess is we should be buying the unique parts that will just not be available as time goes on. Alternators have been a recent topic, as have floor mats.

Regards
jb

cruzer
06-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Well, first of all, I've cooled down. A quick update: I was in the area of tthe dealer on Thursday and decided to drop in--was venting to the Fleet Service Manager and I was telling him just how I felt, when this 35ish dude joins in the conversation and proceeds to tell me "you old folks" can't seem to accept that our standards are not "the current way of looking at things" and to accept the inevitable. I told him that us old folks helped build the "Ford Mystique" over the past 60+ years and he wouldn't even have a job if we hadn't stuck with Ford when everyone else went overseas for "quality cars". He informed me that he owned the dealership and he wrote the ad. I asked him if he had cleared the ad with Ford--said it was his dealership --he didn't have to. Well things went downhill from there and I walked out. As I was getting in the Marauder--the owner's business card was flipped thru the window, with a wink from the flipper. I went home planning a letter to Ford Ch o the Board, Bill Ford, Jr.---got his address off internet. It was Monday before the letter got off. Well, today , I was sitting in Ginny's doc's office when a dept head from the dealership brought his wife in. In the course of conversation, he mentioned that he overheard my conversation with the owner---On Monday morning, it seems that information was "leaked" that his a-- had been royally chewed out by Headquarters--so someone with power got to them first---can't help wondering what kind of reply I'll get ;) Guess I'll continue buying Ford products--can't blame a Corp. for one wild hair.--Blood pressure is back to normal and I have an appointment for an oil change--le you know how it goes--- "The Old Man"

Krytin
06-23-2010, 07:45 AM
Very Well Done Sir!!!

FreddieH
06-23-2010, 08:01 AM
My local dealer say they want to buy back 7 Marauders for customers waiting to but one. Gimmicks.