PDA

View Full Version : Local car show pics

Leadfoot281
06-19-2010, 06:41 PM
I never go to this show because the town is pretty small and I just assumed I'd see the same cars here that I see at all the other local shows. Boy was I wrong!

This Mustang was pretty hot. 1061 Hp and 997 tq.

More pics to follow.

Leadfoot281
06-19-2010, 06:47 PM
This split window was beyond belief. It was hard to tell if it was a race car, show car or both.

Paul T. Casey
06-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Nice stuff, need more!

Leadfoot281
06-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Local pig farmer, Ernie Tuff pulled out a few from his collection. Back in the 60's he built stock cars and here is one of them. This car would have won Daytona had it not been for a broken belt during that last couple laps. This is what they mean by STOCK cars!

He collects old record players, radios, clocks, Packard cars, and has several George Barris customs. He built an alcohol powered earlly Ranchero that earned him multiple job offers from Detroit. He turned 'em all down. His steam engine collection is second to none. He also holds several Bonneville salt flat records (not sure which classes though).

Ernie helped me get my '78 Fairmont running again after I did my first engine swap. He never did tell me where I went wrong.

Leadfoot281
06-19-2010, 07:03 PM
As far as I could tell, none of the these cars were clones. :eek:

Leadfoot281
06-19-2010, 07:08 PM
SOHC it to me!
:lol:

Leadfoot281
06-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Lol stuff.

Seriously though, I really want this cycle. Notice the car seat in the back of the TA.

Leadfoot281
06-19-2010, 07:32 PM
I believe the GT is owned by Larry Dahl of Dahl Ford/Subaru in La Crosse Wisconsin.

According to my calculations, it must have 50 miles on it now. Unless he trailed it to the show. In which case, it would still have NO miles.

There were a lot of F-bodies here. Unlike most shows I go to, all of them were nice.

Vortex
06-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Very cool pics, I remember Landys Dodge and the Sox & Martin Plymouth and I cant tell if they are real or not, regardless, they are both nice. That SOHC Comet is great and I appreciate the Honda chopper that is more of a real chopper than 99% of the overpriced, over billited, over back tired "choppers" folks have nowdays.

LIGHTNIN1
06-19-2010, 08:34 PM
That show had a lot of collectable iron in it. Thanks for the pics and the story on Ernie Tuff, very interesting.

Leadfoot281
06-19-2010, 09:44 PM
A few more pics.

Care to guess what pic 1 is?

Pic #2 is some more F-bodies. The blue one is a Turbo. I think most of the carb'd and turbo'd rigs melted then rusted before they got wrecked. Very cool to see a perfect survivor.

Pic #3 is for you odd balls that like black Fords with V-8's. Silver is better y'know. :P

Picture #3 is another one of Ernies cars. A vintage dirt tracker. Check the different sized tires, front shock arraingement and grill. Too. Cool. About the only difference between Art Afrons and Ernie Tuff is one surplus jet engine. Give Ernie an F22 Raptor engine and some welding rod and America will once again own the world land speed record.

It's fun to see a mechanical genius like Ernie puttzing around town in his faded blue, slightly rusty, '62 Ford F100. BTW, it runs like a Swiss watch. Lol!

Vortex, I couldn't agree with you more on Choppers. Choppers and Jeeps are built, not bought IMO. Also, neither one should ever cost more than $3000 under any circumstance.

Lightnin1. Another cool story about Ernie...

Ernie was out farming one day and surprised a rattle snake. Due to the isolation and distances involved in farming, if Ernie had been bitten, he would have been a goner. The dog got between the snake and Ernie and was bitten, saving his life.

The dog ran off immediately. Ernie had assumed the dog had run off somewhere and died. More than a week had passed and the dog showed up on his porch. It was thin, weak and most importantly, completely covered from nose to tail, in clay.

The dog had run 3/4 mile strait to the river and rolled around in clay. It layed in the mud and clay for over a week without any food. The clay had dried the dog out and pulled the venom from it in the process. True story.

LIGHTNIN1
06-19-2010, 10:14 PM
Yes Leadfoot, this country needs more people like Ernie. Amazing story about the snakebit dog. I bet Ernie could put together a Land Speed Record car in a couple weeks without the engineers. He must have sold a lot of pigs to be the collector he is..Like the Tyson family and chickens. Hey, I really like those Ronnie Sox cars. I am going to a large Shelby Mustang meet here tomorrow, one of the largest in US. Saw Carroll Shelby there 2 yrs. ago.

jdando
06-20-2010, 05:07 AM
Good stuff there! It is always nice to get the story along with the cars.

Leadfoot281
06-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Yes Leadfoot, this country needs more people like Ernie. Amazing story about the snakebit dog. I bet Ernie could put together a Land Speed Record car in a couple weeks without the engineers. He must have sold a lot of pigs to be the collector he is..Like the Tyson family and chickens. Hey, I really like those Ronnie Sox cars. I am going to a large Shelby Mustang meet here tomorrow, one of the largest in US. Saw Carroll Shelby there 2 yrs. ago.

Actually I believe Ernie is a good example of "It's not what you make, it's what you keep".

He has a museum off I-90 that featured all his stuff. The state wouldn't let him advertise it even though there are billboards every 60 yards for 100 miles in both direction for a tourist trap in Wisconsin called the Dells.

He has has been fighting them for 30 years and was forced to sell off most of his stuff.

Jeremy, Thanks but my pictures (and camera) really suck. Lol! Hey, it used to be a good camera....like 7 years ago. Lol!

LeoVampire
06-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Thanks for posting the pics! It looks like you have a lot of built up cars in your area.

PonyUP
06-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Looks great Leadfoot, it doesn't appear like your average everyday car show. Looks like there was something there for everyone. Thanks for posting the pics

LANDY
06-21-2010, 05:08 PM
that looks like it was an amazing show, very rare cars there.
thanks for posting.