PDA

View Full Version : Darn Cottonwoods

Vortex
06-22-2010, 07:41 AM
Its hot as heck here and my a/c has been struggling so I go take a peek and the condensor is covered in cottonwood (poplar in yankee-speak) fuzz. I cleaned it off just a few weeks back and that wasnt enough this year I guess. I read they are worse under stress and since we had a long cold winter and now its been a heatwave I guess they are putting out bad. To clean 1) turn a/c off, 2) brush fins with brush vertical motion and 3) hose off in vertical motion. Just a reminder to all. I feel the difference in here already.

fastblackmerc
06-22-2010, 07:45 AM
Its hot as heck here and my a/c has been struggling so I go take a peek and the condensor is covered in cottonwood (poplar in yankee-speak) fuzz. I cleaned it off just a few weeks back and that wasnt enough this year I guess. I read they are worse under stress and since we had a long cold winter and now its been a heatwave I guess they are putting out bad. To clean 1) turn a/c off, 2) brush fins with brush vertical motion and 3) hose off in vertical motion. Just a reminder to all. I feel the difference in here already.

Hose off from the rear.

Egon Spengler
06-22-2010, 08:12 AM
Hose off from the rear.
That's what she said...

I have had my AC broken for 2 summers now and I just don't have the money to repair it!:(

justbob
06-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Hose off from the rear.
Same here. Shut her down, pop off the top, and hose from inside to outside. My neighbor has a HUGE cottonwood 10 feet from the property line. What a mess.

Big Black Beast
06-24-2010, 09:35 PM
I was getting out of my car the other day and one of those almost went up my nose.
It's flying fuzzball insanity around here.

BAD MERC
06-24-2010, 09:36 PM
It's flying fuzzball insanity around here.

That what she said. Again. :lol: