PDA

View Full Version : Trading my car...

Black_Out
06-22-2010, 08:46 AM
I got an offer I couldn't refuse for my car the other day. I was offered a 93 z28 fully built with a 383 stoker, all forged eagle internals, keith black pistons, built trans, 2500 stall, p&p lt1 heads, p&p lt4 intake, bbk 58mm twin blade TB, dynatech ceramic coated headers, true duals with spintech race mufflers, 373 gears, aluminum driveshaft, 34# injectors, meziere water pump, and a ton of other goodies. The car is red, with a subtle but very nice xenon body kit, otherwise stock. The trans is powdercoated red, and the engine is done in red and chrome. All I need to do is beef up the rear end and suspension a bit and buy a nice set of wheels :beatnik: It's hard to say for sure, but I think it will make 400-425rwhp with this setup :beer:

I'm heading over to sign the papers today. I'm going to miss it but this is really something I've dreamt about doing for a long time! I'll post up some pics of the new ride when I can. Pretty soon I will have the wheels and a few parts from my car for sale so keep an eye out for them.

Zack
06-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Where is the Thumbs Down Icon?

Haggis
06-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Here it is.

Did you get a mullet with that Camero?

Motorhead350
06-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Just so you know the other dude is getting the deal.

LANDY
06-22-2010, 09:05 AM
me dont like f-bodys. but good luck

Black_Out
06-22-2010, 09:14 AM
I love F bodys, I used to have a 93 and I missed it alot. I guess I should have put on my flame suit before I posted this lol :D

MULLET!? maybe if we were talking about an 80's body style camaro. The F bodys are nice. I'll be going with a ss/cowl hood, ss spoiler, and with the subtle body kit on there it will look really nice.

Black_Out
06-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Just so you know the other dude is getting the deal.

I'm removing 2 grand worth of parts from the vic and trading it to him with the stock wheels. The motor on the z28 has 0 miles, as does the trans.

Egon Spengler
06-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Good luck with it, but in the end I think you will regret the decision.

a_d_a_m
06-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Basically what everyone else said. Congrats on getting a car 11 years older than the one you had. Enjoy the ever-present F-body rust & structural integrity issues. Trust me, I owned 2.

Whoever gets your car is, as Dom said, getting the better deal.

FordNut
06-22-2010, 09:18 AM
I'm removing 2 grand worth of parts from the vic and trading it to him with the stock wheels. The motor on the z28 has 0 miles, as does the trans.

So you're trading a running CV for an unknown Chevy?

Haggis
06-22-2010, 09:26 AM
I love F bodys, I used to have a 93 and I missed it alot. I guess I should have put on my flame suit before I posted this lol :D

MULLET!? maybe if we were talking about an 80's body style camaro. The F bodys are nice. I'll be going with a ss/cowl hood, ss spoiler, and with the subtle body kit on there it will look really nice.

I used to have a '98 WS6 and currently the wifey and I have a '02 Firehawk. Besides the mullet are you moving into a doublewide? :lol:

Motorhead350
06-22-2010, 09:31 AM
I used to have a '98 WS6

Those are fun... for test drives.

I'll tell you about that one at MV. :burnout:

J.bo
06-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Don't do it. :shake:

Black_Out
06-22-2010, 09:43 AM
Basically what everyone else said. Congrats on getting a car 11 years older than the one you had. Enjoy the ever-present F-body rust & structural integrity issues. Trust me, I owned 2.

Whoever gets your car is, as Dom said, getting the better deal.

The main reason I'm doing it is because the car is immaculate, rust free, and in amazing condition for a 93. There is no rust if you can believe it. None.

Black_Out
06-22-2010, 09:44 AM
I used to have a '98 WS6 and currently the wifey and I have a '02 Firehawk. Besides the mullet are you moving into a doublewide? :lol:
I don't get it, you have a F body but are busting my balls about getting an F body? :lol:

Motorhead350
06-22-2010, 09:46 AM
It's an older car that is the bottom line.

Black_Out
06-22-2010, 09:46 AM
I got sick of driving a car that is way too heavy, underpowered, and handles like a boat even after tons of suspension upgrades. I still love these cars, but they just don't perform how I want.

You can put as much make-up on a pig as you want, it will still be a pig.

Motorhead350
06-22-2010, 09:47 AM
You can put as much make-up on a pig as you want, it will still be a pig.

Cosmetics don't make a car faster. :rolleyes:

dohc324ci
06-22-2010, 09:50 AM
So your trading the CVPI right? LT1s are nice, lots of torque but quickly run out of steam. LS1 power is the way to go though IMO. I have been a big GM FBody guy but really didnt like the ergonomics of the interior of the 5th gen Fbodies. You can go with a nice Mach I or new edge Mustang.

fastblackmerc
06-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Good Luck.

It's not like he's getting rid of a Marauder... it's a CV.....

vkirkend
06-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Good Luck.

+1 it's your ride, your choice....

Black_Out
06-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Good Luck.

Yep if it was a marauder I wouldn't do it, but it's still just a CV. A Really nice CV....

This LT1 won't run out of power, I beleive it will stop making power at 6200rpm with this setup and I'll set the rev limiter for 6500 to keep the optispark happy.

fairlane347
06-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Who cares it is not a MM. F-bodys suck but you have to get what makes you happy, thats all that matters. Good luck with the new toy.

Black_Out
06-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Who cares it is not a MM. F-bodys suck but you have to get what makes you happy, thats all that matters. Good luck with the new toy.

Thanks :) But why all the animosity towards the F body? lol this car is going to be so fast. I don't care.

Haggis
06-22-2010, 10:27 AM
I don't get it, you have a F body but are busting my balls about getting an F body? :lol:

Because I can....:rofl:

Your right it is only a CV, go for it. :up:

Zack
06-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Wait til you have to change the Opti-Spark.....

a_d_a_m
06-22-2010, 10:40 AM
But why all the animosity towards the F body? Sorry, I should be a little more enthusiastic for you, I guess. It's just that I've spent plenty of time, money, energy (and lost blood) working on F-bodies (dad had 3, I had 2). Pretty much that's all you see around here, is Camaros. It's kind of like going to a cruise-in...you know there's gonna be a bunch of 55-57 Chevys, 60s Camaros, and Vettes. Once you get burned out on something, you start looking for something that not many people have, that's all.

I do hope the car is as clean and straightforward as you are claiming it to be, and that you enjoy it. But please, please, please...put the car on a lift before you buy it, and approach it with skepticism. Why is this guy getting rid of the car for a Crown Vic?

Black_Out
06-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Wait til you have to change the Opti-Spark.....

I'm putting a brand new opti on it when I get it. And I get them for 115 bucks. :burnout:

Black_Out
06-22-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm also doing the DIY venting on it.

ctrlraven
06-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Dynatech headers? BWAHAHAHA

That goes to show how much he really cared about the car to put those junk headers on there.

Best of luck to you man and hope you're happy with it.

Black_Out
06-22-2010, 10:47 AM

That goes to show how much he really cared about the car to put those junk headers on there.

LOL I like how everyone enters with an insult and exits with a compliment. What's wrong with dynatech headers? They look nice, ceramic coated, ect. I'm sure they will be fine, there are alot worse brands than dynatech.

musclemerc
06-22-2010, 11:06 AM
I will be diffrent then. Good Luck with the car, i'm sure you will be satisfied with your decision. Camaro forums?

jflave
06-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Good luck, have fun BUT ???? :dunno:

Black_Out
06-22-2010, 11:11 AM
I'm still going to be quite active on these forums, because like I said, I still love these cars. But for going fast, they aren't worth the money you have to put into them for me. Just showing you guys my new car... :alone:

TAKEDOWN
06-22-2010, 11:14 AM
^^^ You $uck, lol! ^^^

ctrlraven
06-22-2010, 11:21 AM
LOL I like how everyone enters with an insult and exits with a compliment. What's wrong with dynatech headers? They look nice, ceramic coated, ect. I'm sure they will be fine, there are alot worse brands than dynatech.
I'm not insulting you at all so don't even think that. I'm laughing at the person you're getting the car from. Dynatech headers have just been known to give people a lot of problems. Not saying everything but a large portion.

Just make sure you check all the spark plug boots that they are not touching a primary tube.

Black_Out
06-22-2010, 11:23 AM

I'm not insulting you at all so don't even think that. I'm laughing at the person you're getting the car from. Dynatech headers have just been known to give people a lot of problems. Not saying everything but a large portion.

Just make sure you check all the spark plug boots that they are not touching a primary tube.

Will do, thanks for the heads up I appreciate it. I will double check everything :beer:

RoyLPita
06-22-2010, 11:42 AM
Enjoy your new ride. Maybe you can advertise the parts that you removed off of your CV and sell them here.

Black_Out
06-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Thanks RoylPITA. The wheels are posted up, I'll have a few more things for sale in the next week or so.

Blackened300a
06-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Good luck with the rattlebox ummm errrr... Camaro :D

93 was the first year of the 4th gen style which they used all the way up to 2002. Good luck sir! My sister has a 2000 Firebird and we are constantly chasing rattles and vibrations coming from the dash, door panels, rear hatch and the C pillars. I think you will regret this decision the first time you have to drive it in bad weather or try to pack for a weekend getaway.
There is a reason why someone would dump all this money into performance parts in a Camaro and then trade it away for a Crown Vic.

Again Good luck!

Egon Spengler
06-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Oh jeez... I forgot you had a CV... I would do that trade too!

As for you not having any interest in buying a marauder... GTFO

Black_Out
06-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Good luck with the rattlebox ummm errrr... Camaro :D

93 was the first year of the 4th gen style which they used all the way up to 2002. Good luck sir! My sister has a 2000 Firebird and we are constantly chasing rattles and vibrations coming from the dash, door panels, rear hatch and the C pillars. I think you will regret this decision the first time you have to drive it in bad weather or try to pack for a weekend getaway.
There is a reason why someone would dump all this money into performance parts in a Camaro and then trade it away for a Crown Vic.

Again Good luck!

FOR THE 3RD TIME, I'VE OWNED AN F BODY CAMARO BEFORE. IN FACT, A 93 Z28. I know they ride stiff and occasionally rattle. I'm not going to regret anything, because when I work on cars, I do it the right way. I'm going to gut the interior and either dynomat it or figure something out that is less heavy.

Everyone thinks they know everything :shake:

Egon Spengler
06-22-2010, 12:59 PM
You're 20 so you have obviously been around the block and know everything.:P

Bluerauder
06-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Are you still here? :shake: I thought you were signing the papers and getting rid of your CV. :P

musclemerc
06-22-2010, 01:26 PM
I neeed a used scanguageII.

Black_Out
06-22-2010, 01:44 PM
I neeed a used scanguageII.

I just took one out of the vic, less than a month old. No use for it anymore, since I don't have OBDII.

musclemerc
06-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Ummmm. I know, when your head stop's spinning shoot me a PM on it

LANDY
06-22-2010, 02:00 PM
i tell you, you are going to have a lot of fun changing parts on that car.
it the most uncomfortable car i have ever worked on

CRUZTAKER
06-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Did you get a mullet with that Camero?

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/6/16/633492546881780898-Chevy-Camaro.jpg

LANDY
06-22-2010, 02:06 PM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/6/16/633492546881780898-Chevy-Camaro.jpg
that is too funny:lol:

Black_Out
06-22-2010, 02:13 PM
lol you guys know I love these cars (MM, CV)

But what's wrong with the camaro? Black Beauty, this camaro will blow your doors off. No offense. And its all motor. You've got 452rwhp with a vortech supercharger and a TON of money invested. There is really no argument there.

lol how can you guys try and make fun of american muscle? is the mustang gay? why not, because it has the *****y underpowered modular 4.6 in it? What is the real argument here...? The 350 is a better motor for making power and racing. At least I'm not trading my vic for a turbo honda civic or something TRUELY gay.

There's nothing wrong with camaro's. They are sport cars. They look awesome. They make a ton of power, cheap.

Blackened300a
06-22-2010, 02:36 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l83/git19r87done/funny/fbody.jpg

musclemerc
06-22-2010, 06:55 PM
IDK... that one looks good. I like the wheel off set.

wht02lightning
06-22-2010, 08:09 PM

But what's wrong with the camaro? Black Beauty, this camaro will blow your doors off. No offense. And its all motor. You've got 452rwhp with a vortech supercharger and a TON of money invested. There is really no argument there.

lol how can you guys try and make fun of american muscle? is the mustang gay? why not, because it has the *****y underpowered modular 4.6 in it? What is the real argument here...? The 350 is a better motor for making power and racing. At least I'm not trading my vic for a turbo honda civic or something TRUELY gay.

There's nothing wrong with camaro's. They are sport cars. They look awesome. They make a ton of power, cheap.

Well IMHO The cars are much differant classes, i hate how people say how for less money you can faster all the time, Not everythings about how fast you can go. I have a wife and 2 kids and no 2 door is gonna fit my needs right now. I would never go with any chevy related car so my bias destoryes the car you got, but If it was a stang id back you in a second. i just HATE everything chevy. But even with the mods the car seems old and thus prone to more problems but I bought a 92 SHO in recent years so I guess i have no leg to stand on. Enjoy your car

Rocknthehawk
06-22-2010, 09:28 PM

calm down, your age is showing.

this car with 0 miles isn't going to blow anybodies doors off. You haven't even posted pics yet.

BAD MERC
06-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Wow? Congrats on your sweet plasticky, fiberglass, F-body Um, sigh.... nevermind.

LANDY
06-23-2010, 04:02 AM
its ok black out, you can smoke me all you want, after all i weight 1k pounds more than you, im way more comfortable than you, and have no rattle in my car. (no ofense).
oh by the way, i will still remain a sleeper while your new vehicle will be a show off everytime. its more fun when you got nothing to prove.

FordNut
06-23-2010, 04:35 AM
The Marauder (CV) is getting a bit old, but the Camaro is 10 years older. Somebody is getting a great trade.

Big Black Beast
06-24-2010, 09:46 PM
Camaro's are cheap fun. Have fun. You can make ANYTHING hella fast if you have enough time, money, and skill. Not everybody does (I don't). Personally, I'd rather drive a Pinto, a Grenada, or a Fairmont any day. But that's just me. Good luck anyway.

Motorhead350
06-25-2010, 12:32 AM
Where are the pictures of this junk?