PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with people today?

rayjay
06-22-2010, 12:40 PM
WTF is wrong with people today? This is sick :mad2: 25 miles from me.

Vienna, Oneida County (WSYR-TV/AP) - State Police say a three-month-old was shot and killed Tuesday morning in front of police during some sort of domestic incident. The gunman was shot and injured by police and taken by helicopter to the hospital.

Family members and neighbors say the killer is Adam Theall.

A 4:30 p.m. news conference will be live on 9WSYR.com and channel 9.2.

According to the police Theall does not live at the home at which he shot the infant. Two other children under five years old were inside the home, which belongs to a relative of the gunman, and both were left unharmed in the incident.

State Police were called to a home along Pine Road in the Town of Vienna in Oneida County around 9:30am.

When State Police arrived, an armed man was standing outside. The armed man killed the child and then fired at police and three troopers fired shots, injuring him.

Theall was taken by helicopter to a local hospital. The baby was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Theall has been involved in numerous incidents with the police before. In 2005, he violated a family court order and was charged with disorderly conduct. In 2008, he went to jail for three months after being charged with drunk driving, vehicular assault and several traffic violations.

He was charged with misdemeanor assault in 2009 and, in a separate incident, he was charged with endangering the welfare of a child and assault.

fastblackmerc
06-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Very sad, but why was the gunman "shot and injured'? Should have been shot and killed.

guspech750
06-22-2010, 12:46 PM
So very sad. I can not stand most of society period!!!

ctrlraven
06-22-2010, 12:56 PM
It's wrong anyway you cut it to shoot someone else but a child who can't even defend themselves, god that is so sickening beyond belief!!!!!

Past couple of years you hear more and more about kids being kidnapped and killed.

LIGHTNIN1
06-22-2010, 12:56 PM
I never understand those kind of incidents because most of us do not think that way.Some people do not need kids. I think they were not potty trained right, or something like that.:dunno:

Bluerauder
06-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Very sad, but why was the gunman "shot and injured'? Should have been shot and killed.

+1 I agree with ^^^^^. Three troopers returned fire and only injured him? The bastridge should have caught 6 rounds center-of-mass in the chest as a minimum. More firing range practice is needed.

Egon Spengler
06-22-2010, 01:16 PM
I would have emptied the clip on this dude for just shooting the infant alone... If he shot the infant and then shot at me, he would most certainly be getting the full clip...

rayjay
06-22-2010, 01:56 PM
+1 I agree with ^^^^^. Three troopers returned fire and only injured him? The bastridge should have caught 6 rounds center-of-mass in the chest as a minimum. More firing range practice is needed.

He was shot multiple times with 45GAP and 12 gauge. I guess it wasn't his time right then and there. He is still in surgery. Didn't look real healthy when he was medivac'd out.

DEFYANT
06-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Fix the title of this thread to read "What is wrong with judges today".

This guy should not be walking free in the first place. He should have already been in jail.

Local Boy
06-22-2010, 06:57 PM
I have a VERY soft spot in my heart for all children...This is VERY sad indeed!

I get angry just thinking about it...

Aloha

tallpaul
06-22-2010, 08:16 PM

He should have been killed. They should castrate him so that he can't contaminate the rest of the world.

Motorhead350
06-22-2010, 08:21 PM
I can not stand most of society period!!!

HA you and me both!

I don't know why anyone would shoot a three month old. Sadly a guy with a record like his doesn't surprise me that he has or had a kid.

Vortex
06-23-2010, 06:31 AM
Sounds like this scum was looking for "suicide by cop" and didnt have the guts to do it himself. Nothing will bring that child back but this scumbag needs hanging.

jerrym3
06-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Sometimes I wonder if we've really decayed as a society, or is it the constant 24/7 news cycle that tells us every bad thing that happens anywhere immediately, and what Lindsey Lohan is, or isn't, wearing.

Probably a bit of both.

rayjay
06-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Fix the title of this thread to read "What is wrong with judges today".

This guy should not be walking free in the first place. He should have already been in jail.

+1, 100% correct. This mutt has been a problem and should have been locked up. Not the best of familys, but that baby had no choice in who his parents were. RIP little one.

Oneida County (WSYR-TV) - When an Oneida County man killed his infant son and then threatened State Troopers, it wasn't his first collision with the law.

Theall has been involved in numerous incidents with the police before. In 2005, he violated a family court order and was charged with disorderly conduct. In 2008, he went to jail for three months after being charged with drunk driving, vehicular assault and several traffic violations. He was on probation at the time of Tuesday's incident.

He was also charged with misdemeanor assault in 2009 and, in a separate incident, he was charged with endangering the welfare of a child and assault.

Most recently, police were called to a domestic incident only four days prior to Tuesday's shooting. They say Theall was taking his anger out on some trees.

Theall's behavior didn't endear him to any neighbors either.

"I hate to call people names but he wasn't the greatest," said Barbara Russell, whose home is just a few doors down from Theall's.

Russell had observed Theall getting into fights and arguments several times, including one with her son.

"I kept my doors locked, even during the day and kept an eye on my grandchildren. He'd walk by here every time he'd see my son, he'd start calling him names, challenging him, he wasn't a very stable person," Russell said.

Many of Theall's neighbors say they have seen the police at his mobile home on several occasions several times in the past few years.

Lynn Hogsworth is a childhood friend of Theall's and came to the scene of the shooting shortly after it happened Tuesday morning.

"Like I said, Adam was a good kid as far as I know, he's had problems lately, some issues going on in his life, which we all do," she said.

TAKEDOWN
06-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Its a shame what people do unto others, and I cannot begin to understand WHAT THE HELL HE/THEY WERE THINKING.