PDA

View Full Version : MM2004 - Who 'Dat?

MM2004
06-23-2010, 05:57 AM
Been quite some time since I have logged on to MM.net.

For those wondering where I have been, there have been a lot of negative things recently come my way. And have compiled into a tremendous weight on my shoulders.

My Mother has been battling cancer for over a year. Primary source - right lung. Then jumped to her left upper arm/shoulder area.

Many, many treatments and and fast-forwarding, she is now stage 4 and in assisted living after a 2 1/2 week stay in the hospital.

She can barely suppport her own weight, her left arm has lymphedema and cannot use it.

She is very weak and cannot talk, yet barely mumbles and nods yes/no when spoken to.

She opens her eyes and just stares when she is not sleeping.

The only medication she is currently on are solely for pain management.

Three weeks to a month maximum we have been told.

I pray she goes in peace. Sooner than later to end her continual suffering.

My ex-wife has defaulted on all of her financial agreement(s) after our divorce, and I now have to absorb all obligations regarding our 10 1/2 year-old daughter Caitlin.

This has added a financial strain on me as I will continue to do whatever it takes to keep our child healthy and in a Catholic school.

Charlotte is doing much better, and has not had a seizure in over a month. Prior to that, they were happeneing on a weekly basis.

Last week while sitting with Charlotte at our favorite "watering hole", I was stung and/or bit twice by some critter on my right side about 8" below my armpit.

Over the weekend, the welps and swelling continued to grow with burning and itching in that area that grew larger in size than a silver dollar.

I went to my doctor this past Monday, and he wrote a script for anti-biotics and to return in 2 weeks, or call if no signs of improvement.

After checking my blood pressure, he wrote another script -- 155/100 or 110. (cannot remember the bottom number)

The last script he wrote was to calm my nerves as I have been a mental train-wreck.

Sitting here in my office, I feel much better. Better than I have in months.

I have not driven my DTR in over a month, and is tucked away in Charlotte's garage (dirty) from getting caught in the rain last time I took it for a 'romp'.

The next day and weeks to follow will be a tough journey as I have been thru this with my dad 14 years ago.

Please send a prayer to my Mom that her suffereing will end soon.

Thanks for listening,

MM2004 (Mike)

PonyUP
06-23-2010, 06:02 AM
So sorry to hear about your troubles Mike. You and your family are most certainly in my prayers and thoughts. Please let the community know if there is anything we can do to help

Haggis
06-23-2010, 06:09 AM
Hey Mike, glad to hear that you are still a live. Life's a b*tch hang in there; and hope for a quick and peaceful end to your mother's suffering.

Egon Spengler
06-23-2010, 06:16 AM
I am sorry to hear of your troubles. My mom is a breast cancer survivor, but they said there is a good chance the cancer will come back in 10 years and that 10 years is up, so I am extremely afraid to lose my mother. I can only imagine what you are going through and I don't think I would be able to handle all that on my plate at the same time. Hang in there buddy. Your mom will go to a peaceful place and will watch over and protect you and your family. Just got to be strong, push through this, and hope that there is light on the other side. Good luck and God bless! Prayers are sent!

Vortex
06-23-2010, 06:28 AM
A major load to bear to be sure; one thing to keep in mind, no matter how bad things seem for you, there are millions of folks on this blue globe we share slugging away with much bigger problems. We all just suck it up and move on, day by day, thats all we can do.

MM03MOK
06-23-2010, 06:35 AM
Thanks for catching up last week, Mike. You and your Mom continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Miss ya, Buddy!!

LIGHTNIN1
06-23-2010, 06:48 AM
Sorry to hear you are going through rough times. Hope things get better for you.

ctrlraven
06-23-2010, 06:50 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with you for your mom!!

Motorhead350
06-23-2010, 06:58 AM
Hang in there Mike. If you need anything contact me.

swordfish
06-23-2010, 07:07 AM
You and your family will be in our prayers.

Bluerauder
06-23-2010, 07:38 AM
Thoughts and prayers for you, your Mom and for Charlotte. You will make it though this difficult time. Hang tough.

a_d_a_m
06-23-2010, 07:59 AM
+1 to everyone else. Good luck.

Blackened300a
06-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Sorry to hear about your recent string of hard times. Hope everything works out for the best for you and your family.

TAKEDOWN
06-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Glad you're back and I have no problems listening to someone vent. Prayers have been sent to Mom, and you hang in there Mike. I know its easier said than done... but be strong!

LeoVampire
06-23-2010, 11:31 AM
So sorry to hear about all your going through in your personal life!

But thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mom as well as your child over the devorce!

Just keep taking deep breaths and try to find some things to help occupy your time so it dosn't become over whelming for you.

It dosn't help thinking about the future just concentrate on each day you wake up in you will find it much easier to make it through them that way.

justbob
06-23-2010, 01:57 PM
The last time you called me, you had mentioned your Mom and her condition, having not seen you on here for awile now I was honestly thinking the worse and didn't want to call to bother you. If you ever want to vent you know my number Buddy. Prayers sent for you and your Mother, I hope you line up some more side'ies to help cover the cost of life too, I know you said they were getting scarce awile back.

Glad too here Charlotte is atleast doing much better, she's an absolute trip!

guspech750
06-23-2010, 02:18 PM
I am so sorry for you troubles Mike. May your mother go soon in peace. Not many people deserve to live the last parts of their lives like that. I hope all gets better soon for both you and Charlotte. Your a good guy Mike and hang in there.

Frank Androski
06-23-2010, 04:27 PM
My Prayers are with you. When my Mother was in the final stages with the big {C},
My Sister said to her " Ma it`s O.K. to go!, You did all you could raising us and we will be
alright, we will see you on the other side. My mother smiled and passed gently later that
night. Sometimes they need to know it`s O.K. to let go.
God bless

MM2004
06-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers folks!

My sisters and I met with Hosperus this evening without Mom knowing, and based upon the nurse's experience and Mom's current state, she estimates about a week or so.

:(

Mike.

Mike
06-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Mike.....you and your family are in mine and Trishs' thoughts.....prayers sent for your Mom.

Ms. Denmark
06-23-2010, 05:13 PM
Just reading this now Mike. Eric and I are so sorry about all that has happened to cause you this sadness and stress. You have been so strong and supportive for those you love. We hope you can now feel the warmth , and take strength, from the prayers that are streaming your way. May they help to see you through. Your mother raised a wonderful son. All of you are in our thoughts.

DOOM
06-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Sorry to hear the horrible news!

You know im here if you want to talk bro.

Gryphonzus
06-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Good to hear from you even though it is sad news. Prayers sent for your Mother and you! My Mother passed away in April while we were up to go to the Kentucky meet so we had to miss it. I just hope your Mom goes as peacefully as mine did. God Bless!

Pat
06-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Good to hear from you again Mike. Your a good son and our prayers are for all of your family.

Give Charlotte our best and glad to hear she's better.

Pat and Patricia

Mr. Man
06-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Mike if you get the time take the MM out for a long spin by yourself on the beautiful back country roads. I know this helps me clear my head and lets me focus on the order in which I need to address life's curveballs. Good luck to you buddy. Prayers sent for you and your mom and family.

Egon Spengler
06-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers folks!

My sisters and I met with Hosperus this evening without Mom knowing, and based upon the nurse's experience and Mom's current state, she estimates about a week or so.

:(

Mike.
Just did this not too long ago with my grandfather. Very tough to hear that it is only a matter of time. Stay Strong and use the information below!

Mike if you get the time take the MM out for a long spin by yourself on the beautiful back country roads. I know this helps me clear my head and lets me focus on the order in which I need to address life's curveballs. Good luck to you buddy. Prayers sent for you and your mom and family.
+1... Going on drives or motorcycle rides has helped me greatly when dealing with tough situations. I like to shut myself off and be left alone in situations like this.

Bigdogjim
06-23-2010, 09:59 PM
God Bless your Mother in her time of need!

Prayers sent and added to the "list"

vkirkend
06-24-2010, 05:34 AM
God bless you, your mother, the ex and your child. Help is coming, you just have to have faith.

Ken
06-24-2010, 12:35 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hoping that everything works out for the best.

Ken

MM2004
06-25-2010, 03:50 PM
It appears Mom will not make it past tomorrow.

She has fallen into a coma as of this morning.

Breathing is labored and short along with the audible 'gurgling' of fluid build-up in her lungs.

We know she is comfortable, but to look at her one would think differently.

Our Priest showed up late this afternoon and we all stood around Mom's bed and prayed for her and each other.

Swung by my place to grab a few things and to post up then will be heading back for an "all-nighter".

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers.

Soon. She will rest in peace.

Mike.

PonyUP
06-25-2010, 04:04 PM
Went through this with my Mom a couple years back. It was a hard night, Dad was having a hard time. she kept holding on. We took Dad to get a cup of coffee to free his mind for a few minutes and she passed while we were out of the room. The nurse said that happens more than one would think, it;s like the soul knows the sorrow it will inflict and tries to wait until no one is around.

My prayers are certainly with you and your family

MM03MOK
06-25-2010, 04:21 PM
May the choir of Angels come to greet her.
May they lead her to Paradise.
May the Lord enfold her in His mercy.
May He grant her eternal life.

boatmangc
06-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Prayers sent, She will be moving to a better place.
Hang in there.

MERCMAN
06-27-2010, 05:34 AM
Mike's (mm2004)mother passed away this morning at 8:00. Please keep him in your prayers. He called me and asked me to post this sad news. Funeral arrangements are pending and will be posted for those who wish to send their condolences.

Dan

PonyUP
06-27-2010, 05:36 AM
Very sorry to hear, thoughts and prayers go out to Mike and the family

Mike
06-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Sorry for your loss Mike...I know what it's like to lose a Mom. God bless you and your family.

Ms. Denmark
06-27-2010, 10:10 AM
Mike, Eric and I send our sympathy to you and your family. May your mother rest in peace.

MM2004
06-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Once again, I wish to thank everyone for their support and prayers thru this very difficult time.

Mom had a wondeful life prior to her becominng ill.

Anyone that met her knew she was a very warm and caring person.

I miss her terribly.

She will always be missed.

Always.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/louisville/obituary.aspx?n=dorothy-hawes-heckman-mccormick-rosie&pid=143822110&fhid=5903

I Love You Mom.

Michael.

CBT
06-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Mike,

I just read your first post a little earlier this morning, not a whole lot you can say to someone when a parent passes away. If she had anything to do with you turning out to be such a great guy, she was on heck of a woman.

Case

MERCMAN
06-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Julie and I had the pleasure of meeting Rosie and having dinner with her and mike. She was a very energetic and dynamic lady. She had just a slight southern accent and really seemed to enjoy life. Our thoughts and prayers are with you Mike.

Dan

Georges93LX
06-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Mike: Sorry to hear about your Mom. Condolences to you and your family.

pantheroc
07-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Mike, sorry to hear the bad news. Your mom and you are in our thoughts and prayers. J & D.

SC Cheesehead
07-03-2010, 07:17 AM
Prayers sent, bubba.

Romans 8:28