PDA

View Full Version : This is what happens when the boss is really, really cheap...

Cheeseheadbob
06-24-2010, 11:58 AM
Hey guys, just thought I would share my misery. This is a real, unedited, although poor quality photo, of the thermostat in my office area. It is the temperature inside, not outside, at 1455 today. I work in manufacturing, but my office is not in the back with the burners, motors, blenders, etc. Boss is too cheap to install a lowered ceiling to make A/C feasible. If I didn't make so much money here, I would consider calling OSHA on his behind.

Blackened300a
06-24-2010, 12:01 PM
Be happy your indoors! Nothing says hot like laying under a truck that came in off the road and needs work done.

Egon Spengler
06-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Wow... I would be out of there! F-that!!!

ROB502
06-24-2010, 12:27 PM
SC 104 on my shaded porch. Now at 3:30 it's a cool 102. Has seen it as high as 108 already this year and NOT even hot yet. Last year same open air porch got to 114. :eek:

ImpalaSlayer
06-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Be happy your indoors! Nothing says hot like laying under a truck that came in off the road and needs work done.

exactly....

Zack
06-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Summertime heat is the no-work solution to losing weight.
Id be happy!

justbob
06-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Sorry Cheese, I just can't feel for you at all here. I work in the sun, rain, snow and ice in all temps. I think I actually enjoy breaking frost with a pick axe more than shoveling a trench for my pipes in the 90's blazing sun.

Cheeseheadbob
06-24-2010, 12:53 PM
I feel like such a wimp (I would type another word for wimp, but decorum dictates otherwise) for posting this. Perhaps I will go roll around in the mulch beds outside with no shirt on and then crawl under my car and change the oil. After that, maybe a quick trip up to the roof to patch the seams with some nice boiling tar... Yeah, that's the ticket... After I finish, I will repost with some more manly material... I forgot that I was posting on a Marauder site, not the Cadillac CTS forums...:D

ImpalaSlayer
06-24-2010, 01:00 PM
I feel like such a wimp (I would type another word for wimp, but decorum dictates otherwise) for posting this. Perhaps I will go roll around in the mulch beds outside with no shirt on and then crawl under my car and change the oil. After that, maybe a quick trip up to the roof to patch the seams with some nice boiling tar... Yeah, that's the ticket... After I finish, I will repost with some more manly material... I forgot that I was posting on a Marauder site, not the Cadillac CTS forums...:D

haha i duno to be honest, working indoors when its 95 inside is worse then being outside.

justbob
06-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Too funny Bob, were just bustin your chops!:D

Joe Walsh
06-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Awww....Quit yer whining and send me some of that vanilla extract!....:D

BTW: You can work in my air conditioned garage...I keep it at a nice dehumidified 80 degrees.

SpartaPerformance
06-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Out in a shop, under cars in the humidity sucks sweaty b$lls so I don't feel for you either. As long as you allowed to bring in a fan and are not prohibited from leaving your station to get a glass of water then nobody can do anything, all an employer is required to supply is heating for the winter months. :( Sucks but such is life.

boatmangc
06-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Yeah I'm not feelin it either, try working on a boat with a heat index of 100+ in the sun, I had a heat stroke in this crap 2 years ago and almost again 2 weeks ago.
I go through at least 1 1/2 gallons of water every day just to survive.
Great way to stay skinny!

Big Black Beast
06-24-2010, 03:16 PM
I sit at a desk in a nice, air conditioned office, if that helps any.;)

ImpalaSlayer
06-24-2010, 03:22 PM
I sit at a desk in a nice, air conditioned office, if that helps any.;)

yup i hate you lol

mrjones
06-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Years ago, after my wife and I got married, we moved back to the small country town I grew up in. We ran into an old HS friend, and caught up for a few minutes. He said, "I got me a good job - working in the air-conditioning" My wife asked what the hell that meant. I said, "It means you've never had a job NOT working in the air-conditioning!"

RoyLPita
06-24-2010, 04:13 PM
I work in a warehouse where the a/c is 2 loud and rickity fans.

MM03MOK
06-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Bob, the least he could do is let you wear a tank top, cut-offs and sandals! Not the way you really want to lose weight, sweating all over your paperwork. Suggest they set up a mocktail bar with lots of frozen drinks and all your neat Parker flavours!!

guspech750
06-24-2010, 05:49 PM
I dont care how hot or how cold it is. I love drilling wells and working outdoors.

PonyUP
06-24-2010, 06:02 PM
I dont care how hot or how cold it is. I love drilling GUYS and working THEIR DRAWERS.

Fixed it For Ya

DEFYANT
06-24-2010, 07:43 PM
FWIW,

I ran across two huge hot parking lots today, while ducking and weaving behind parked cars, after a "bad" guy only to find out - wrong guy! Amazing no one call the police on me! lol

offroadking208
06-24-2010, 07:48 PM
lol, i work outside all day (street department) and it gets HOOOOT standing over fresh asphalt while you smash it down. you know it's hot when you step out of the truck and stick to the tar on the surface of the road ;)

Big Black Beast
06-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Bob, the least he could do is let you wear a tank top, cut-offs and sandals! Not the way you really want to lose weight, sweating all over your paperwork. Suggest they set up a mocktail bar with lots of frozen drinks and all your neat Parker flavours!!

Or how about Naked Fridays?
Oh, wait. That's probably a bad idea...

Bigdogjim
06-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Well try driving down the highway with 50 people and no A/C on a tour bus when it 95+ inside and remember you can not roll down the windows:)

Yeah life sucks somedays..............

Mote
06-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Here's a good job for ya; Several years ago the street I live on got new storm sewers, curbs, and asphalt. It did not have curbs/storm sewers prior, so this a complete tear apart and build. When the last layer of asphalt was laid down I stood out by the street and watched. 95 degree July day. Not a cloud in the sky. The giant asphalt truck lumbered slowly, gushing real hot asphalt. One guy caught my attention - His job was to walk about 10 feet behind the truck with a shovel, tamping the fresh super hot asphalt tight against the curb apron. Long heavy pants. Big thick-soled work boots. Holy Hannah he must have baked!

rayjay
06-25-2010, 03:42 AM
Pretty soon I won't care what the weather is :D As for the heat, we freeze our butts off 6 months out of the year here, I don't complain too much about the heat this time of year.

Joe Walsh
06-25-2010, 04:20 AM
Here's a good job for ya; Several years ago the street I live on got new storm sewers, curbs, and asphalt. It did not have curbs/storm sewers prior, so this a complete tear apart and build. When the last layer of asphalt was laid down I stood out by the street and watched. 95 degree July day. Not a cloud in the sky. The giant asphalt truck lumbered slowly, gushing real hot asphalt. One guy caught my attention - His job was to walk about 10 feet behind the truck with a shovel, tamping the fresh super hot asphalt tight against the curb apron. Long heavy pants. Big thick-soled work boots. Holy Hannah he must have baked!

I always wonder about those poor guys, and the guys who have to slop hot tar on roofs in this weather.
Besides the un-godly heat....breathing all those fumes must be like smoking 10 cartons of cigarettes a day!

Worst I've ever done was lifting, lugging, loading and stacking hay bails in the loft of a barn in 95 degree heat.
Sweatin', swearin' and sneezin' like a MOFO!
First, we had to stand under the broiling sun, in the trailer as the bailer would shoot hay bails back towards us.....
you had to be 'heads up' at all times....:bricks:
Then you had to unload the bails from the trailer, load them on the conveyer to the loft and finally stack them in the 120 degree loft.
That one day convinced me that I'd NEVER want to be a farmer!

There...now I'm done whining! I think I'll go get a cold beer! :beer:

massacre
06-25-2010, 04:39 AM
As a welder I weal long-sleeve shirts and heavy duty Carrhart pants no matter how hot it is out.

Joe Walsh
06-25-2010, 04:47 AM
As a welder I weal long-sleeve shirts and heavy duty Carrhart pants no matter how hot it is out.

and a tight collar!

Leadfoot281
06-25-2010, 09:27 AM
I always wonder about those poor guys, and the guys who have to slop hot tar on roofs in this weather.
Besides the un-godly heat....breathing all those fumes must be like smoking 10 cartons of cigarettes a day!

Worst I've ever done was lifting, lugging, loading and stacking hay bails in the loft of a barn in 95 degree heat.
Sweatin', swearin' and sneezin' like a MOFO!
First, we had to stand under the broiling sun, in the trailer as the bailer would shoot hay bails back towards us.....
you had to be 'heads up' at all times....:bricks:
Then you had to unload the bails from the trailer, load them on the conveyer to the loft and finally stack them in the 120 degree loft.
That one day convinced me that I'd NEVER want to be a farmer!

There...now I'm done whining! I think I'll go get a cold beer! :beer:

Lol! We used to put up about 15,000 square bales per year. My Dad bought his first round baler in 1985 ($25,000!! ) and that was one of the happiest days of my life. Being inside the barn wasn't too bad until it began to fill up. Then you got pretty close to the tin roof. Of course there was no wind inside the barn either..

wht02lightning
06-25-2010, 09:53 AM
count your blessings, this is me in Baghdad in 2007

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq337/saiga20_bama/n810469347_133783_2402.jpg

TAKEDOWN
06-25-2010, 11:26 AM
I know how it feels, but if it's not behind a tamper proof glass, then it will be tampered with... Ahhhhhhh, 69 degress!

BLACKMARAUDER04
06-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Sorry to hear about the heat. Here in Sunny Southern California, its been very mild so far. We are in the San Fernando Valley and its only gotten into the low 90's or mid 80's. We haven't had a real heat wave yet.

Cheeseheadbob
06-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Hey, I think that thermometer in in KPH degrees, so that means it is only about 90 mph degrees there...:P
count your blessings, this is me in Baghdad in 2007

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq337/saiga20_bama/n810469347_133783_2402.jpg

wht02lightning
06-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Hey, I think that thermometer in in KPH degrees, so that means it is only about 90 mph degrees there...:P

LOL, negative sir, a blistering 140+

MM03MOK
06-25-2010, 01:37 PM
lol! We used to put up about 15,000 square bales per year. My dad bought his first round baler in 1985 ($25,000!! ) and that was one of the happiest days of my life. Being inside the barn wasn't too bad until it began to fill up. Then you got pretty close to the tin roof. Of course there was no wind inside the barn either..
tubular hay!!!!

Mr. Man
06-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Whah!!:bigcry: It's to hot, it's to cold you guys ought to be happy you have jobs in this economy:D

PonyUP
06-25-2010, 09:01 PM

Why is this dude smiling? If I was walking on the sun, I would be ready to bust a grumpy down someones throat and then die

offroadking208
06-25-2010, 09:02 PM

THIS is what i do. lol. Stupid summer job. :rolleyes:

guspech750
06-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Why is this dude smiling? If I was walking in the Gay Pride Parade this weekend, I would be ready to bust a nut down some guys throat and then lie down

I fixed your spelling mistakes Brad.:D

PonyUP
06-25-2010, 09:06 PM
I fixed your spelling mistakes Brad.:D
:lol::lol:

Man reading your posts is kind of like pleasuring myself with a cheese grader, it's slightly amusing, but mostly painful

guspech750
06-25-2010, 09:13 PM
:lol::lol:

Man reading your posts is kind of like pleasuring myself with a cheese grader, it's slightly amusing, but mostly painful
Dude. The cheese grader is so old school.
I prefer new technology!! Slap Chop!!

http://auer83.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/vinceoffer-slapchop.jpg

PonyUP
06-25-2010, 09:52 PM
Just wait until I get you in this 21458