PDA

View Full Version : Nice Ride!

FordNut
06-27-2010, 08:25 PM
I got a ride to dinner with a business associate today, he picked me up in a Lambourghini Gallardo. Hard to get in & out but talk about getting noticed! Chicks waving at us everywhere we went, guys coming out with their camera phones all over the place to get a shot... Wish I had one!

tbone
06-27-2010, 08:29 PM
You should meet my wife.......................

tbone
06-27-2010, 08:30 PM
And what a RIDE!

ChiTownMaraud3r
06-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Probably my fav exotic, def would have one in my dream car stable.

martyo
06-28-2010, 05:21 AM

And what a RIDE!

Were these posts meant to go together????

Hotrauder
06-28-2010, 08:46 AM
I got a ride to dinner with a business associate today, he picked me up in a Lambourghini Gallardo. Hard to get in & out but talk about getting noticed! Chicks waving at us everywhere we went, guys coming out with their camera phones all over the place to get a shot... Wish I had one!

Oh, yes, Brian. I suspect that Nancy would be thrilled, what with you riding around in your Lambo with all the chickies waving and wanting a ride...:D..Penny would cure me of wanting one, like right now.. Just saying. Dennis

ImpalaSlayer
06-28-2010, 08:48 AM
i honestly dont like exotics that much.

Hotrauder
06-28-2010, 08:50 AM

And what a RIDE!

[QUOTE=martyo;930122]Were these posts meant to go together????

I suspect the next Ill. meet may be well attended.....:lol:Dennis

88LTDCV351
06-28-2010, 08:57 AM
I guess I'm more like ImpalaSlayer. I've never really been that into exotics. For me, give me an old muscle car or an ex-cop car from the same era and I'm more than happy. Guess I was always different that way. But lots and lots of people seem to like the more exotic cars so I'm sure it got a ton of looks. Glad you had fun in it and the attention it brought.

CBT
06-28-2010, 09:02 AM
Were these posts meant to go together????

That's what he said.

justbob
06-28-2010, 01:54 PM
I'd take almost any Lambo from the 80's on up!

Mercury93
06-28-2010, 03:18 PM

It would be fun to drive one once, but I don't want to actually own one. Taking out a loan to have a new clutch installed, not exactly my idea of fun, lol. But, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

guspech750
06-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Same here almost. I like a handfull of exotics. But most look like turds on wheels.

Thats cool you got a ride in a the Lambo though.

FordNut
06-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Thats cool you got a ride in a the Lambo though.
Yeah, I really wouldn't want one. If I could get a car in this class I'd go for a Ford GT supercar.

But it's nice to check the "ride in a Lambourghini" off my todo list...

1stMerc
06-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Only one i've ever really liked is the Lambourghini Countach "murdered out" or all red with tan interior.

Leadfoot281
06-28-2010, 07:38 PM
I've always wanted an Espada.

This guys restoration was beyond belief. http://www.espadatechsite.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

prchrman
06-29-2010, 05:10 AM
This site is a great showcase for the only exotic I have ever wanted to own and it is my ultimate dream car. V8 Ford engine power with a mid engine body is a dream.

http://www.panteracars.com/

LIGHTNIN1
06-29-2010, 05:37 AM
Fordnut, glad you got a ride in a Lambo something not many do in a lifetime. Bet there are not many of those in your part of the country. I have seen none here. The Ford Gt is my favorite also. Saw a couple at a Mustang show recently.

LeoVampire
06-29-2010, 09:54 AM
In Germany I got a ride in a Countach that my Comander had and took me on the Autobaun I had a ball to say the least. All I remeber him saying was it's the only car in the U.S. to get pulled over because it looks like it's going fast even if it isn't.

Not his but it is an awsome looking car.

So I am glad you got to enjoy a ride in a Lambo as well!

Motorhead350
06-30-2010, 06:56 PM
You will get attention with open headers as long as it's a V8.

freakstatus
06-30-2010, 07:01 PM
Wait a sec......Were you in the Lambo or the Marauder?;)

Motorhead350
06-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Wait a sec......Were you in the Lambo or the Marauder?;)

hahahahahahaha

1stMerc
06-30-2010, 09:49 PM
In Germany I got a ride in a Countach that my Comander had and took me on the Autobaun I had a ball to say the least. All I remeber him saying was it's the only car in the U.S. to get pulled over because it looks like it's going fast even if it isn't.

Not his but it is an awsome looking car.

So I am glad you got to enjoy a ride in a Lambo as well!

That's what i'm talkin about. Saw a black one here in St. Louis many, many, many moons ago, cruzin on the highway. That baby was so low it was only about 4 inches showing above the concrete highway divider. Been in love with them long as i can remember. #1 on my list of cars to own. Even if it's not a dd.

Mike M
06-30-2010, 10:21 PM
Like this one? My shop detailed it last month and the owner insisted I take it out when we were done. Pretty neat car but I would rather have a Z06.

LeoVampire
07-01-2010, 10:20 AM
That's what i'm talkin about. Saw a black one here in St. Louis many, many, many moons ago, cruzin on the highway. That baby was so low it was only about 4 inches showing above the concrete highway divider. Been in love with them long as i can remember. #1 on my list of cars to own. Even if it's not a dd.

There is a guy here in Waterbury who own's a red Countach that he takes out once in a while. Nothing like a car that actualy takes up almost a full lane on the road and definatly a full parking space.

But man you have to watch the road conditions to make sure it dosn't bottom out on anything.

LOWBUCKMM
07-01-2010, 07:41 PM
pantera's ftw

Big Black Beast
07-01-2010, 08:41 PM
I know of a guy that bought a Ferrari and wrecked it within 6 months giving somebody a ride. Kind of makes me sick that some people have so much money to waste. I could start my own business with what the salvage was worth. Oh, well, guess I'm lucky to even have a job, and even sometimes food.:rolleyes:

FordNut
07-02-2010, 04:58 AM
I know of a guy that bought a Ferrari and wrecked it within 6 months giving somebody a ride. Kind of makes me sick that some people have so much money to waste. I could start my own business with what the salvage was worth. Oh, well, guess I'm lucky to even have a job, and even sometimes food.:rolleyes:

Yep, it's an unfair world. The story on this guy's purchase... He goes to Vegas, he's a high roller, and he won big on a trip out there so he treated himself to a Lambo when he got home.