PDA

View Full Version : One less incumbent

Joe Walsh
06-28-2010, 07:23 AM
I don't want to be morbid or disrespectful, but there is one less incumbent that will be running for re-election:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37959947/ns/politics-capitol_hill?GT1=43001

59 years in Washington...Enough is enough!!!

:mad2:

Where else can a former member of the Ku Klux Klan flourish???......As a life long United States Senator in Washington DC!

"He held the chairmanship of the Appropriations Committee, with control over almost limitless federal spending.
Within two years, he surpassed his announced five-year goal of making sure more than $1 billion in federal funds was sent back to West Virginia, money used to build highways, bridges, buildings and other facilities, some named after him.
Byrd was a near-deity in economically struggling West Virginia, to which he delivered countless federally financed projects.
Entire government bureaus opened there, including the FBI's repository for computerized fingerprint records.
Even the Coast Guard had a facility in the landlocked state.
Critics portrayed him as the personification of Congress' thirst for wasteful "pork" spending projects."

CBT
06-28-2010, 10:20 AM

:mad2:

Wow, my parents weren't even born when he was elected.

fastblackmerc
06-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Yep all that money he sent to West Virginia and they STILL don't have enough teeth to fill a mouth*.

Good riddance!

*Not meant to offend anyone in West Virginia.

Mr. Man
06-28-2010, 10:24 AM
When you realise haw much money that guy dumped into W. Virginia you understand why his constituents re-elected him so many times. Term limits for congress is the only answer.

CBT
06-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Yep all that money he sent to West Virginia and they STILL don't have enough teeth to fill a mouth*.

Good riddance!

*Not meant to offend anyone in West Virginia.

Muhahahahaaa!! I wish they would do a 'Real Housewives Of West Virginia' reality show. Wait, no I don't.

fastblackmerc
06-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Muhahahahaaa!! I wish they would do a 'Real Housewives Of West Virginia' reality show. Wait, no I don't.

Can't fit alot of cameras or equipment in a singlewide.............

Joe Walsh
06-28-2010, 11:42 AM
When you realise how much money that guy dumped into W. Virginia you understand why his constituents re-elected him so many times. Term limits for congress is the only answer.

You are absolutely right!

He singlehandedly almost got the entire FBI moved from Wash. DC to West Virginia.
Doesn't that make a lot of sense from an operations and cost standpoint?....:rolleyes:

It's all a big game to see who can direct THE MOST Federal dollars back to their State in the form of wastful 'pork barrel' projects.

Bigdogjim
06-28-2010, 01:05 PM
^^^^Line item veto will solve that problem^^^^

Joe Walsh
06-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Yep!

2 things that we must enact in order to save our country:

Term Limits: 2 terms then go home and find a real job!

Line Item Veto: The President can strike indivdual pork projects from a budget package.
(It hurts/helps both parties, depending on who is in power...but it cuts Federal spending overall.)

Baaad GN
06-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Let me see, Kennedy gone, now Bird gone! I hope this string keeps going and gets Fonda!
Ha! bet I not that Lucky!

PonyUP
06-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Let me see, Kennedy gone, now Bird gone! I hope this string keeps going and gets Fonda!

But even Fonda ain't got a motor in the back of her honda, my anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun

Oh wait wrong thread

Joe Walsh
06-28-2010, 01:26 PM

Unfortunately there are plenty more 'lifers' in Washington.
They are all dug in like ticks on a hound and the only way we seem to be able to get rid of them is when they keel over....:mad2:

LIGHTNIN1
06-28-2010, 02:15 PM

A mere 40 years too long but who was counting? His mind was in neutral for the last ten and he was on rollers.How did he vote on all those bills?

Phrog_gunner
06-28-2010, 02:54 PM
I don't want to be morbid or disrespectful,

How about BARBARIC?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V95eGgZbrU

I thought this was an SNL skit when I first saw it.

Mercury93
06-28-2010, 03:15 PM

A mere 40 years too long but who was counting? His mind was in neutral for the last ten and he was on rollers.How did he vote on all those bills?

He had people tell him how to vote (probably, I'm not 100% on that). I never voted for him.

MMBLUE
06-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Robert (KKK) Byrd. Rest in peace.

SpartaPerformance
06-28-2010, 05:26 PM
No disrespect for the dead but agreed most incumbents MUST GO!!!

PonyUP
06-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Dudes a former KKK member, therefore, dead or not, he's not getting my respect, good riddens. Bring on the term limits

Phrog_gunner
06-28-2010, 05:31 PM
I wonder if he's going to be K-K-Kreamated.

PonyUP
06-28-2010, 05:34 PM
I wonder if he's going to be K-K-Kreamated.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good one Phrog

Paul T. Casey
06-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Not a fan of anyone who's associated themselves with the KKK myself. But, I still abhor term limits. I do like the line item veto idea. I believe Pres. Obama asked for it in his most recent state of the Union address, but didn't have the courage to call it by name, after all, it's a Republican ideal.

Paul T. Casey
06-28-2010, 05:38 PM
We currently have term limits. 2 years for the House, 6 for the Senate. If you don't like the job your reps are doing, work against them and vote them out.

Joe Walsh
06-28-2010, 07:25 PM
We currently have term limits. 2 years for the House, 6 for the Senate. If you don't like the job your reps are doing, work against them and vote them out.

Not really...the deck is stacked so much against the challengers.

Plus there are a lot of voters who know nothing about their elected representatives and walk into the voting booth and pull the lever of all the names that they recognize....which happens to be....you guessed it!

The incumbents!

I hate the idea of term limits also, but it is time we have them for Congress.
The dumbing of America is almost complete.

BTW: Why does the Presidency have term limits but not Congress?

I've never done anything like this in my life, but I plan on standing outside my voting place this November and urging everyone to vote against the incumbent...regardless of their party affiliation.

Mr. Man
06-29-2010, 11:49 AM
I would support 3 terms for Senate @ 6yrs each and raising the years between re-election for the house to 4yrs and then 3 terms for them too. How can a person in the House even concentrate on the nations problems if they need to start their re-election campaign even before they take their oath? Two years is just to short a time in today's America.

Line item veto is not going to happen because it wouldn't be used respectfully by the President and Congress knows it. Don't hold your breathe for it to pass.

Joe Walsh
06-29-2010, 11:57 AM
You make a good point about the 2 year House terms...too short...all that they do is run election campaigns instead of concentrating on our nation's problems.
I think two 6 year terms for the Senate and three 4 year terms for the House is plenty.
12 years for each, plenty of time to accomplish something, then go home!

PonyUP
06-29-2010, 12:09 PM
The problem is for any President, you get 18 month to govern, then it's midterms and you gotta pony for your parties reps and sen, then you ahve you prep your own relection. I would propose the following

Presidential Terms-6 years (Although it may be too much for the current guy)
Senators-8 years
Congressmen 6 years

and everyone has 2 term limits, so we can get fresh meat and a freah pair of eyes. But none of this will mean anything without campaign finance reform. As long as the banking lobby, AFL/CIO, Oil Companies, The NRA, the Chrisitian Right and media moguls can donate millions in soft money to get their agenda pressed, you will never have a leader, you will always have a puppet. It has happened for decades, which is why we haven't had a true leader

Mr. Man
06-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Of course the overall best answer is to make me ultimate ruler and there won't be anymore problems because I would outlaw all of them:D For my services all I ask is the left lane is only for me:cool:

PonyUP
06-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Of course the overall best answer is to make me ultimate ruler and there won't be anymore problems because I would outlaw all of them:D For my services all I ask is the left lane is only for me:cool:

You know I too honestly feel everything in this world is better if I run it. Ofcourse many people feel that way and we could end up in anarchy.

However, If I could ride in the left lane with you, perhaps we could compromise
:beer:

Mr. Man
06-29-2010, 06:46 PM
You know I too honestly feel everything in this world is better if I run it. Ofcourse many people feel that way and we could end up in anarchy.

However, If I could ride in the left lane with you, perhaps we could compromise
:beer:
I know I could do a better job because I'm not afraid to say F'um. Diddly puke countries out there holding their hands out for money while kicking us in the nads and these bums in Washington just stand there and say stuff it in further. I say F'um. They don't want to play by our rules let'em starve. Now get out of my lane.......:burnout: