PDA

View Full Version : Did I get put on vacation?

PonyUP
06-30-2010, 12:14 PM
So I was posting last night trying to find a recommendation for a local exhaust shop, when suddenly I was booted. My internet works fine and I can access all sites except mm.net. I tried four computers and got the same message on all saying it was a firewall thing.

I am able to get in through a wireless card, has this happened to anyone, or did my mouth get me in trouble?

LeoVampire
06-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Check your firewall settings maybe mm.net was accidently added to parental controls.

Bluerauder
06-30-2010, 12:40 PM
So I was posting last night trying to find a recommendation for a local exhaust shop, when suddenly I was booted. My internet works fine and I can access all sites except mm.net. I tried four computers and got the same message on all saying it was a firewall thing.

I am able to get in through a wireless card, has this happened to anyone, or did my mouth get me in trouble?

I think you would have received a PM from one of the moderators if there was an issue with your postings. I haven't seen anything from you that would warrant a suspension or vacation. Of course, I don't necessarily read everything. :rolleyes:

Probably just an internet glitch somewhere or a security interface with the MM.Net server.

If you have questions, send a PM to MM03MOK or MM2004 or one of the others.

Egon Spengler
06-30-2010, 12:48 PM
In the words of Dr. Peter Venkman from the Ghostbusters....

"Viggy Viggy Viggy... You've been a baaad MONKEY!"

fastblackmerc
06-30-2010, 01:08 PM
If you were given a "vacation" you should have gotten a PM from one of the moderators and would not be able to sign in on any system with your ID & password.

If you can get on with your wireless card then there is an issue with your other computer.

jgc61sr2002
06-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Check with Mary.

Had the same problem and she helped me work it out.

CBT
06-30-2010, 03:25 PM
I say.....:banned:

LANDY
06-30-2010, 03:30 PM
it has happened to me from my home twice, idk why.
but im able to log in from my job or anywhere else.

PonyUP
06-30-2010, 07:23 PM
I figured out my problem. Last night I meant to start a new thread about a local exhaust shop, but I made a new post in an existing thread. So I copy and pasted and posted very quickly. According Mary, this may cause the server to think it is under attack, so it blocks the IP (Which is a very good thing) After trying everything I tired, I finally reset the modem, and all is now good. Thanks for the advice everyone

justbob
06-30-2010, 08:15 PM
I had soup for lunch today.

fastblackmerc
07-01-2010, 03:22 AM
I figured out my problem. Last night I meant to start a new thread about a local exhaust shop, but I made a new post in an existing thread. So I copy and pasted and posted very quickly. According Mary, this may cause the server to think it is under attack, so it blocks the IP (Which is a very good thing) After trying everything I tired, I finally reset the modem, and all is now good. Thanks for the advice everyone

Modem!!!

You mean cable modem right????

PonyUP
07-01-2010, 03:58 AM
Yes, reset that and the wireless access point which should release and renew the IP. You can also do this manually in the DOS prompt, but sometimes it's good just to reset the hardware

LANDY
07-01-2010, 04:49 AM
thats the same exact thing that happened to me.

FordNut
07-01-2010, 05:55 AM
Modem!!!

You mean cable modem right????

My modem is internal. And it's not fast enough for the server to think it's under attack!