PDA

View Full Version : Marauder vs Rice comparison shot

RocsMerc
06-30-2010, 06:56 PM
My neighbors across the street from me were having a pool party and they ordered pizza. The guy delivering the pizza drove this car and parked it head on in front of my car. I quickly ran out side and snapped this picture while he was in their backyard because I thought it was funny. It's a little fuzzy because in my haste I grabbed my old camera with a crappy auto focus instead of my good one. What you probably can't see very clearly due to the white stripe is the painted white vent holes on the fender. I thought it was good for a laugh. Notice the double sets of fog lights and the racing seats.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/funny.jpg
Large version > http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/funny.jpg

PonyUP
06-30-2010, 07:01 PM
:lol::lol:

That's awesome. Quick Thinking, you just made my night :beer:

tallpaul
06-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Do you have a cowl hood? What is that emblem on your fender? Your right, that does look funny. It really pisses me off when people put a set of rims on a car, a stereo in it and call it a show car. I know that's not what he is doing there but I just felt like venting a little.

Canadasvt
06-30-2010, 07:10 PM
It's a parking ticket here if found parked facing the wrong way. Not there?

Vostok
06-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Those look like some Wal-mart rims.

LOL'd IRL as soon as I saw this. Good pic :D

Vostok
06-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Every time I park next to something like this and walk away i'm convinced one of these days the Marauders just going to eat it :D

RocsMerc
06-30-2010, 07:51 PM

It probably is, but I haven't heard of it being enforce once in the 25 years that I lived here and alot of cars my block do this. It's a quiet residential block and it's a very wide street.

guspech750
06-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Thats sexy!! Size does matter!!!

RocsMerc
06-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Do you have a cowl hood? What is that emblem on your fender? Your right, that does look funny. It really pisses me off when people put a set of rims on a car, a stereo in it and call it a show car. I know that's not what he is doing there but I just felt like venting a little.

No, I don't have a cowl hood. It's just a glare. The fender badges are sold by Marty-o on this site. This is an old thread about it. Try pm-ing him.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=331083

Serge
06-30-2010, 08:07 PM

Yup, same here. I got ticketed having my car sitting outside like that for a mere half hour.

SpartaPerformance
06-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Those look like some Wal-mart rims.

LOL'd IRL as soon as I saw this. Good pic :D

I wouldn't be surprised if those are hub caps. :lol::lol:

-Matt-
06-30-2010, 10:50 PM
Why do all pizza delivery guys drive super riced out cars?

CooLManZilla
06-30-2010, 11:31 PM
I bet he had a big fartcan exhaust too ....

SAAAAAC
07-01-2010, 06:02 AM
The marauder is gonna eat that rice.

Egon Spengler
07-01-2010, 06:04 AM
Ass and Class.... Can you tell the difference???

Krytin
07-01-2010, 07:51 AM

Yes it is here too - if you can get the SCPD to stop eating doughnuts long enough to do their jobs! They DO like running speed traps though - they can remain parked until the offender comes to them! LOL
Ask me how I know!!

prchrman
07-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Largest whitewalls I have ever seen.

TAKEDOWN
07-01-2010, 10:08 PM
It's almost the size of your front hood!

fastblackmerc
07-02-2010, 03:46 AM
My neighbors across the street from me were having a pool party and they ordered pizza. The guy delivering the pizza drove this car and parked it head on in front of my car. I quickly ran out side and snapped this picture while he was in their backyard because I thought it was funny. It's a little fuzzy because in my haste I grabbed my old camera with a crappy auto focus instead of my good one. What you probably can't see very clearly due to the white stripe is the painted white vent holes on the fender. I thought it was good for a laugh. Notice the double sets of fog lights and the racing seats.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/funny.jpg
Large version > http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/funny.jpg

:dunno: Really need those racing seats!

Joe Walsh
07-02-2010, 04:45 AM

Because they are all 17 year old pimple faced punks.

Here is how it works:

Buy a beater Honda Civic for $1500 (remember, they don't have much money)

Add ridiculous looking multi-colored custom paint job: $2,000 (the uglier it is...the cooler it is!)

Add swoopy, curvy, bulging, multi-scooped, primered, plastic ground effects body kit: $1,000 (it's all about downforce!)

Add carbon fiber hood: $800 (BUT don't paint it! You want everyone to see the awesome carbon fiber!)

Add heavy, chromed steel, incorrect offset, too wide rims with too narrow rubber: $1200 (absolutely required ricer mod!)

Add sheetmetal vibrating, incredibly distorted sounding stereo with 5 amps and 3 HUGE 15" subs: $1000 (mainly to annoy)

Add DVD player and PS3 with controllers to dash: $850 (you never know when a mean game of GTA will break out!)

Add flat screens to dash and both sunvisors: $750 (to watch movies while driving to deliver pizzas!)

Add APC racing seats: $500 (hey...nothing says serious race car like a set of crappy JC Whitney seats!)

Remove and gut rest of interior: FREE (remember, it's all about power-to-weight!)

Add loud, annoying, horrible sounding s.s. Fart Can: $300 (make sure that there are no support hangers on it)

Add non-functioning NOS kit: $400 (It worked for a little while..:dunno:)

Add hideous, huge 747 rear wing to trunk with 3M tape: $300 (make sure that it is crooked...it's all about downforce!)

Add chromed front and rear shock tower braces: $200 (stiffens the beer-can-thin metal suspension mounts.)

Add trick, torque killing, big tube header: $200 (wonder why it is even more of a dog at low rpms....:dunno:)

Add super low suspension springs: $150 (lose 3 tooth fillings after hitting first bump in the road.)

Remove OEM shocks because they won't work on lowered suspension (and don't replace them): FREE

Add illegal red underbody 'StreetGlow' lights: $125 (I be floatin' like Star Wars!)

Add purple colored HID headlights: $120 (10,000 degree Kelvin...to help melt your headlight's plastic.)

Add wrinkled, soon-to-be-bubbled purple tint to windows: $100 (purple tint only....it looks the best!)

Add color-keyed race steering wheel: $100 (throw away safe OEM airbag steering wheel!)

Add Altezza chrome taillights: $100 (you ain't cool if you ain't runnin' Altezzas!)

Add 2 sets of 'high kwality' blue PEPBOYS foglights: $75 (aimed blindingly wayyyy too high....to be cool.)

Add field-of-vision killing Monster Tach with huge red shift light to dash: $75 (indicates optimum V-TEC over-rev.)

Add field-of-vision killing chrome fire extinguisher on A pillar: $50 (over-revved and poorly maintained V-TEC's burn quick baby.)

Add primered, plastic hood scoop with 3M tape: $30 (OK...OK...so old school Detroit iron had some cool hood scoops...:()

Add Type 'R', Akimoto Racing, APC, NOS and many other strange Jap stickers: $25 (boosts HP to stratospheric levels.)

Add Vortex generators to roof above rear window: $10 (less drag = more speed!)

Add Vortex generators to front hood: $10 (even less drag = even more speed!)

Add Vortex generators to front fenders: $10 (even "lesser" drag = you guessed it!...even more, more speed!)

Add air splitters to front fenders: $10 (remember, it's all about downforce and less drag!)

Add PEPBOYS Buick portholes on front fenders: $10 (misaligned and mis-spaced....they just look so cool!)

Drive your $12,000 Ricer *****box into the ground delivering pizzas so that you can afford to pay for all the 'mods'.

Also, Lose every race you instigate with an American V8 car...
do the Ricer Fly-by, then explain to your buddies how your NOS was 'off' and "it's all about downforce and power to weight anyway and wait 'till you get your turbo kit."

CBT
07-02-2010, 06:41 AM
Joe you left off "Obtain any kind of ball cap, wear sideways if windows are up or backwards with windows down, to help with downforce" - 10 bucks.

MMarauder03
07-02-2010, 08:47 AM
I must not fit into this category... Although I could use a lip spoiler for more downforce. I had to take a picture of my car with a topper on it for the sake of this thread. lol

CBT
07-02-2010, 08:56 AM
I must not fit into this category... Although I could use a lip spoiler for more downforce. I had to take a picture of my car with a topper on it for the sake of this thread. lol
I would tip extra if my delivery person pulled up in a Marauder :D

MMarauder03
07-02-2010, 09:00 AM
I delivered once last week and took 12 deliveries. Got 6 customer complaints that my car was too loud. LOL My boss was fielding calls for 4 hours people pissed off when I was driving completely civilized. About 1/3 throttle... (0.3333333 throttle) :lol:

MMarauder03
07-02-2010, 09:09 AM
I would tip extra if my delivery person pulled up in a Marauder :D

You know he'd need it for gas! :help: lol

CBT
07-02-2010, 09:12 AM
I delivered once last week and took 12 deliveries. Got 6 customer complaints that my car was too loud. LOL My boss was fielding calls for 4 hours people pissed off when I was driving completely civilized. About 1/3 throttle... (0.3333333 throttle) :lol:

That's why I couldn't work with food, I'd dirty dick everyones order who complained about me.

MMarauder03
07-02-2010, 09:15 AM
That's why I couldn't work with food, I'd dirty dick everyones order who complained about me.

:puke: ew

Joe Walsh
07-02-2010, 09:30 AM

LOL....Hey I didn't order 'fromunda' cheese on my pizza!!!...:eek:

Joe Walsh
07-02-2010, 09:30 AM

You get BONUS points for delivering pizza in a badazz Marauder!...:bows:

MMarauder03
07-02-2010, 10:34 AM
You get BONUS points for delivering pizza in a badazz Marauder!...:bows:

Haha, well thank you! :beer:

Mr. Man
07-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Your taking a big risk parking on the street. That trailblazer(or whatever it is) looks like it would love to crumple your front end.

Joe Walsh it would appear you know a little to much about the cost of ricing out a ricer. What is it you need to get off your chest? I think your a closet ricer....there I said it.:P:D:lol:

MMarauder03
07-02-2010, 10:50 AM
I live in a place where you're gunna have a really hard time finding a parking lot. I normally put 2 wheels a little on the walk and fold my mirrors in. It's the best I can do. I'm 19 and can't afford a house yet...

Joe Walsh
07-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Joe Walsh it would appear you know a little to much about the cost of ricing out a ricer.
What is it you need to get off your chest? I think your a closet ricer....there I said it.:P:D:lol:

BUSTED!!!!.......:o

I'm planning on pulling my 5.0 DOHC and dropping in a Honda S2000's V-TEC!
It revs to 9,500 rpm, and you should feel it pull when the V-TEC kicks in!

Big Black Beast
07-02-2010, 03:22 PM

Try delivering pizza in a Marauder and see how much you spend on gas.:rolleyes:

Big Black Beast
07-02-2010, 03:26 PM
BUSTED!!!!.......:o

I'm planning on pulling my 5.0 DOHC and dropping in a Honda S2000's V-TEC!
It revs to 9,500 rpm, and you should feel it pull when the V-TEC kicks in!

Lol! There'd be enough room to drive each tire with an engine.:D

MMarauder03
07-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Try delivering pizza in a Marauder and see how much you spend on gas.:rolleyes:

Done it, you spend a little more than the kid that delivers in a prelude. :hotrice:

Joe Walsh
07-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Stopped by the beer store on my way home in the Marauder this afternoon.
I saw this 'racecar' in the parking lot.
Luckily the owner was not around as I laughed uncontrollably and snapped some pictures of the turd.

I think that he has hit just about every item on my "Ricer must-do" list!

Nothing strikes fear into the hearts of V8 sedan owners like a beat to crap, piss yellow 4 door Honda with a busted up body kit and mis-matched wheels....OH! and custom dual exhaust....:bows:

I think that the 'shoestring bracket' for the front license plate is the best mod...

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/JoeJWalsh/IMG_2060.jpg

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/JoeJWalsh/IMG_2061.jpg

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/JoeJWalsh/IMG_2062.jpg

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/JoeJWalsh/IMG_2063.jpg

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/JoeJWalsh/IMG_2058.jpg

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/JoeJWalsh/IMG_2059.jpg

Mr. Man
07-09-2010, 01:43 PM
The yellow says 'I'm cheap and affordable' What color is your Matrix Joe Walsh:D

LeoVampire
07-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Here you go My Marauder and a Subaru Black next to black.

Mr. Man
07-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Just read an article on a Cosworth tuned Subaru Impeza not for sale in the US. Makes 395hp and 400lbft. 0-62 in 3.7 sec. Can you say here Doomie Doomie Doomie

FX1
07-12-2010, 10:26 AM
i need to post a pic of my 1985 mr2 parked like its being pulled over by my marauder. haha i used to deliver pizza in the mr2. wow fun lil car

FX1
07-12-2010, 10:32 AM
that ricer made me spit out my rice crispys. lol thats nice silver tint to match those sick ass rims on the front

Cheeseheadbob
07-12-2010, 10:50 AM
That Subi is bad ass and it goes without saying that the MM is very bad ass as well!
Here you go My Marauder and a Subaru Black next to black.

Joe Walsh
07-12-2010, 11:35 AM
that ricer made me spit out my rice crispys. lol thats nice silver tint to match those sick ass rims on the front

LOL....they have the bad ass rims on the power wheels...FWD FTL!

BTW: I like the locking lug on the rear's beater spare tire....:rofl:

LeoVampire
07-12-2010, 07:46 PM
That Subi is bad ass and it goes without saying that the MM is very bad ass as well!

Ya it is a hell of a ride there is not enough octaine in the fuel around here so he has to use an adative as well to keep it running right without a ping.

He moved to CT with his wife from California and started to go to show's with us a nice guy and he love's my Marauder and parks next to it anytime he gets to go with us.