PDA

View Full Version : Is Everyone Enjoying this East Coast Heat?

Bluerauder
07-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Temperatures hit 102*F ambient in the DC Metro area yesterday. Today is gonna be more of the same; but with higher humidity. Ya'll be careful out there.

On the way home from work yesterday, my exterior temp reading hit 111*F sitting in traffic at a red light at 6:00 PM. It only dropped to about 108*F when I started moving. Don't think that I have EVER seen it this high before.

As my Dad would say ..... "Its Hotter than the Hinges of H3LL". :flamer:

CBT
07-07-2010, 08:32 AM
I took Jr. to one of her friends house yesterday around 5 and she pointed out that it was 108 while we were moving. Crazy.

Egon Spengler
07-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Yesterday we topped out at 102*. My town had a big brush fire and I responded to the station to help with clean up seeing as how they were pulling out of the woods by the time I got out of work. Three firefighters were transported to the hospital from the scene with dehydration. The guys came back absolutely exhausted and I wish I had been on scene to help them out, but I helped when they got back to the station by repacking the trucks with hose for them while they rested. Definitely a VERY hot day and probably the WORST day to have a fire!

I have been spending a lot of time in my bedroom in the ac and in the office in the ac... My ac in the car is broken so I haul azz to work and back so I can be in the ac ASAP!

I like that line! "Hotter than the hinges of hell"... Never heard that before and may have to steal it!

Juice
07-07-2010, 08:38 AM
I don't mind it. California native where it breaks 110F on a regular basis! Of course, this is my first summer with the MM (or any black car for that matter) and it's definitely noticeable!

I'm looking forward to when the MM can become my weekend warrior and have a small, white, daily driver for everything else.

Bluerauder
07-07-2010, 08:40 AM
I don't mind it. California native where it breaks 110F on a regular basis!

You'd mind it plenty at 102*F and 50% humidity. You can't breathe. I suspect the MM feels the same way.

Egon Spengler
07-07-2010, 08:45 AM
You'd mind it plenty at 102*F and 50% humidity. You can't breathe. I suspect the MM feels the same way.
It is definitely hard to breathe and my marauder is an absolute slug when the air is this thick!

Pops
07-07-2010, 08:47 AM
The heat was been brutal here in Mich. also. Hang on guys!

musclemerc
07-07-2010, 08:48 AM
We broke 100* on the first day of Summer. It's hot up in here!

RF Overlord
07-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Saw 100° at my house for the first time in 21 years...this blows.

My rabbits don't like it, either...had to put frozen water bottles in their hutch to keep their little noses from going a mile a minute. At least it cools down a lot at night...

knine
07-07-2010, 09:01 AM
I don't mind it. California native where it breaks 110F on a regular basis!
Something I could NEVER figure out. Why does LAPD wear that "so dark blue it's almost black" color? You'd think they would go with something that doesn't cook you when you're in the sun. :dunno:

CBT
07-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Something I could NEVER figure out. Why does LAPD wear that "so dark blue it's almost black" color? You'd think they would go with something that doesn't cook you when you're in the sun. :dunno:
Like Officer Dangle in Reno 911?

FreddieH
07-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Went on a bus excursion to DC on Tuesday, fought the heat and the air conditioner broke down on the bus. No air in a bus that you could not even open a window. We all survived the trip home, that bus company got lots of complaints today.

knine
07-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Like Officer Dangle in Reno 911?
DARK BLUE, almost black. OH GAWD, what was seen cannot be unseen.

Joe Walsh
07-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Yep....scorching HOT outside!
When I open my front door it feels like someone hitting you in the face with a freshly microwaved wet wool blanket.

BTW: Speaking of dark blue uniforms and wool, I was reading about the Civil War and how the Union Troups wore dark blue wool, while fighting at Gettysburg, in early July, in HOT Humid weather.

knine
07-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Yup. When my sister was in the marching band in High School back in the late 70's, they had black wool parade uniforms. UGH

Mr. Man
07-07-2010, 09:56 AM
It's not overly humid in California. When it's hot it's more like oven heat. Why they wear dark blue I don't really know but L.A. weather is usually in the 70's or 80's

Haggis
07-07-2010, 10:10 AM
I am loving every minute of it. At least I do not have to plow 5' of snow in the damn driveway.

jflave
07-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Two words-----THIS SUCKS----

Egon Spengler
07-07-2010, 11:44 AM
My town had a big brush fire and I responded to the station to help with clean up seeing as how they were pulling out of the woods by the time I got out of work. Three firefighters were transported to the hospital from the scene with dehydration. The guys came back absolutely exhausted and I wish I had been on scene to help them out, but I helped when they got back to the station by repacking the trucks with hose for them while they rested. Definitely a VERY hot day and probably the WORST day to have a fire!
Well I got the call. The brush fire is still going on and I need to report to my station after work to relieve crews. Looks like I am going into the woods and fighting some fire after work! Going to start hydrating now!

ctrlraven
07-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Yeah yesterday they said the peak of the temp would be around 5-6pm. I suppose it would be the same for the rest of the week also. I'm just glad I don't have many clients at work and can kept my bay door shut for most of the day. When the door is up the heat just creeps in and turns my shop into an oven. Got the Taurus parked inside and it reads 86 and all I have is a fan in the back of the shop. I need to shed a few pounds anyways... lol

PonyUP
07-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Well I got the call. The brush fire is still going on and I need to report to my station after work to relieve crews. Looks like I am going into the woods and fighting some fire after work! Going to start hydrating now!

Be careful out there TJ

Egon Spengler
07-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Be careful out there TJ
Thank you sir. I will! The fire is controlled but not out. They told me it is burning about 2 feet INTO THE GROUND! I have to go and do overhaul and put out hot spots. I would rather be putting the HID headlight kit in my motorcycle like I planned on doing! haha... Oh well... $$$$$$$$$

LeoVampire
07-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Hell no not fond of this kind of heat!

I had to take Fran to work today the battery died in the Taurus it could not take the heat being an original one.

The temp guage in the Marauder said 102 outside temp while running on the highway.

ImpalaSlayer
07-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Two words-----THIS SUCKS----

dont think i could have said it any better, im drinking over a gallon of water a day

breeze
07-07-2010, 04:02 PM
man i work outside allllll day...since theres a drought because lack of rain so theres nohing to do so im having a great time doing really nothing in 99+ degrees. i should start working on my tan. NOT!

breeze
07-07-2010, 04:04 PM
The temp guage in the Marauder said 102 outside temp while running on the highway.

yeaterday mine read 104, tried to take a pic of it but went droped to 103

Bluerauder
07-07-2010, 04:07 PM
yeaterday mine read 104, tried to take a pic of it but went droped to 103

Mine read 108*F on the way home from work today. Must be cooling down a tad from yesterday. ;)

breeze
07-07-2010, 04:13 PM
today was "suppose" to be worse but it wasnt as bad as yesterday at all.

SpartaPerformance
07-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Soaked shirts in the shop when you under cars is not fun!

ImpalaSlayer
07-07-2010, 06:20 PM
today was "suppose" to be worse but it wasnt as bad as yesterday at all.

thats what i thought too, yesterday should be a bit better

Bigdogjim
07-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Went on a bus excursion to DC on Tuesday, fought the heat and the air conditioner broke down on the bus. No air in a bus that you could not even open a window. We all survived the trip home, that bus company got lots of complaints today.

Every "bus" has two roof hatches did the driver open them? If toss him (or her) under the wheels:help:

When I pulled to my stop in Northeast Phila. people ask if the air was working? I told them I only use it when the temp is over 105*:flamer:

Some days I really, really love my job:censor:

Bigdogjim
07-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Here in Trenton it hit 104* yesterday and 103* today:)

I am only a few miles from the city limits.

I am off now till Sunday when I roll to Morgantown, WV. for a 6 day trip:up:

dirtybird82
07-08-2010, 04:52 AM
Germany, no A/C, yea this is fun, we have gotten accustomed to having A/C that's the problem. But yea, my mom told me it's bone hot in Georgia right now.

jabird56
07-08-2010, 05:41 AM
It's currently 66 here in Omaha, have been here since the 20th of June taking a class on Afghan Studies, and the weather hasn't been to bad. Even had fog here the last two mornings. I'll be heading back to the humid soup tomorrow night though.

ctrlraven
07-08-2010, 06:20 AM
Suppose to be cooler today but humidity is rolling in from the Atlantic. I think it's about 85-88 already this morning but humidity is 80-90%, feels harder to breath now than the past few days.

Egon Spengler
07-08-2010, 06:31 AM
Well I lucked out yesterday at the brush fire in my town. My job was to sit at the truck and give everyone water! It is a tougher job than it sounds, but better than trekking through the woods! Still was hot as hell standing by that trucks that had been pumping for over 12 hours! I drank a lot of water and I could only imagine how it was in the woods!

CBT
07-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Well I lucked out yesterday at the brush fire in my town. My job was to sit at the truck and give everyone water! It is a tougher job than it sounds, but better than trekking through the woods! Still was hot as hell standing by that trucks that had been pumping for over 12 hours! I drank a lot of water and I could only imagine how it was in the woods!

Mmmmm, sweaty firemens running around all sweaty and hot. Well cheer up, maybe they will let you join in one day.

Egon Spengler
07-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Mmmmm, sweaty firemens running around all sweaty and hot. Well cheer up, maybe they will let you join in one day.
I've been on for 10 years and have done my fair share of work! I don't mind what job I do. I like all aspects of the fire service. Pumping is the most important because you are in charge of giving the water to the guys!

Joe Walsh
07-08-2010, 07:55 AM

:rofl:

That's just wrong!.....FUNNY!.....but wrong.

CBT
07-08-2010, 08:03 AM
:rofl:

That's just wrong!.....FUNNY!.....but wrong.
Yeah I know. :D The only bad part about firefighting is getting your gear soaking wet with sweat and ANOTHER incident pops up before your suit dries, now you are throwing stank nasty gear back on before the farts have even evaporated from the last call. Nothing like stewing in your own funk for hours, lol. Some things I miss, some things I don't.

Juice
07-08-2010, 08:10 AM

Uhh I've been living in South Carolina for the last year, it gets plenty humid here. And no, I don't mind that either. :)

Haggis
07-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Nothing like stewing in your own funk for hours.

Hey great, a new CBT quote. Thanks...:up:

CBT
07-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Hey great, a new CBT quote. Thanks...:up:

What the... I thought you got banned, what are you doing here!!!

Egon Spengler
07-08-2010, 10:17 AM
I was the one that got banned... Check under my name...:alone:

Haggis
07-08-2010, 10:18 AM
I was in hibernation, not on vacation.

CBT
07-08-2010, 10:22 AM
I was in hibernation, not on vacation.
Dang! Errr, I mean yeah okay good.

Commodore Crap
07-08-2010, 11:29 AM
It was 95* up here in Buffalo yesterday.

The end of the world must be coming soon.
And F*** this heat.

-ryan s.

Egon Spengler
07-08-2010, 11:31 AM
I blame Al Gore...

Commodore Crap
07-08-2010, 11:32 AM
I can't blame Al Gore. It snowed May 9th this year.

-ryan s.

Egon Spengler
07-08-2010, 11:40 AM
I can't blame Al Gore. It snowed May 9th this year.

-ryan s.
Yeah, because you guys are in your own world up there in New York! With your FEETS of snow!!! I don't know how you guys deal with that!!!

Commodore Crap
07-08-2010, 11:44 AM
no no no, not feet. YARD. the correct definition you are looking for is yard.

I have been subject to yards of snow before.

We deal with it by, eating pizza, wings, and beef-on-weck and drinking copious amounts of beer, while watching the Bills lose and the Sabres come close.

-ryan s.

CBT
07-08-2010, 06:05 PM
no no no, not feet. YARD. the correct definition you are looking for is yard.

I have been subject to yards of snow before.

We deal with it by, eating pizza, wings, and beef-on-weck and drinking copious amounts of beer, while watching the Bills lose and the Sabres come close.

-ryan s.

I can't wait for football to start!!

PonyUP
07-08-2010, 07:03 PM
I can't wait for football to start!!
Oh Hell Yeah, my Cubs have left me floundering in ineptitude, the Bulls missed out on Lebron (By the way, how fricking arrogant is it to have an hour long special to dis the team that is your "home" town, I feel for Cleveland) The Blackhawks Joy is fading.
Bring on the Pads and the Vikings opening a can of Whoop Azz

Commodore Crap
07-09-2010, 01:20 PM
I just love tailgating. The beer. The wings. The burgers and pizza and special apple cider.
It is so much fun.
i'm hoping we go 8-8 this year. It'll be an improvement!!

-ryan s.