PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Weed Island

CBT
07-07-2010, 09:13 AM
The hippies have spoken, turn in your bong.....

Pot-Covered Island Discovered Near Merced

Posted: 12:20 pm PDT July 6, 2010
STEVINSON, Calif. -- Merced County authorities say they have uprooted more than 9,000 marijuana plants from a remote garden growing on an island in a San Joaquin River tributary.
Sheriff's Deputy Tom MacKenzie says a helicopter spotted three or four people running from a makeshift camp next to the pot garden, but they escaped on foot before law enforcement agents raided the site Saturday.
MacKenzie says it took 13 officers eight hours to uproot and burn the 9,353 plants, which had an estimated street value of $9.4 million.
The raid followed a tip about a marijuana garden near Stevinson, an unincorporated community 29 miles west of Merced.
Once the garden was located from the air, deputies had to use boats to reach the garden and camp site.

knine
07-07-2010, 09:20 AM

Posted: 12:20 pm PDT July 6, 2010
STEVINSON, Calif. -- Merced County authorities say they have uprooted more than 9,000 marijuana plants from a remote garden growing on an island in a San Joaquin River tributary.
Sheriff's Deputy Tom MacKenzie says a helicopter spotted three or four people running from a makeshift camp next to the pot garden, but they escaped on foot before law enforcement agents raided the site Saturday.
MacKenzie says it took 13 officers eight hours to uproot and burn the 9,353 plants, which had an estimated street value of $9.4 million.
The raid followed a tip about a marijuana garden near Stevinson, an unincorporated community 29 miles west of Merced.
Once the garden was located from the air, deputies had to use boats to reach the garden and camp site. Once the burn was complete, the downwind grocery store had a run on munchies. The manager of the store was quoted as saying: "nayhahahahahahaha duuuude."
There. And now you know the rest of the story. Thank-you Paul Harvey.

CBT
07-07-2010, 09:23 AM
There. And now you know the rest of the story. Thank-you Paul Harvey.
Nice! I'm wondering how four people managed to escape on foot. On an island. Surrounded by water.

knine
07-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Nice! I'm wondering how four people managed to escape on foot. On an island. Surrounded by water.
Easy. Dog paddle.

See folks? That's why you have to ask "Knine" these questions.

Haggis
07-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Maybe they had a Mini-sub?

Egon Spengler
07-07-2010, 10:05 AM
I smell another Harold and Kumar movie in the future!

Mr. Man
07-07-2010, 10:07 AM
An island full of weed. They probably "flew" off the island

fastblackmerc
07-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Wonder how the people down wind feel? :rasta::rasta::rasta:

A little hungry right now?

CBT
07-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Wonder how the people down wind feel? :rasta::rasta::rasta:

A little hungry right now?

Could you imagine? "We need volunteer uniforms to go to an island covered in sweet leaf and set it on fire. Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?"

mcb26
07-07-2010, 11:09 AM

Wasn't easy, oops, I mean probably wasn't easy for them.

FreddieH
07-07-2010, 11:13 AM
They were California lawmakers testing the weed before they legalize it and legally sell it.

FreddieH
07-07-2010, 11:20 AM

it took 13 officers eight hours to uproot and burn the 9,353 plants, which had an estimated street value of $9.4 million.
I wonder how much they packaged and kept before they sacrificed a little for justifing eight hours packaging

CBT
07-07-2010, 11:23 AM
I wonder how much they packaged and kept before they sacrificed a little for justifing eight hours packaging
Well I would imagine they would want to make sure it was actually pot, can't fault them for not wanting to waste man-hours!

tallpaul
07-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Man that really blows. Now the prices are going to go through the roof and make it harder on the rest of us. Just kidding.