PDA

View Full Version : They say it happens in 3's

LeoVampire
07-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Well today is becomming an interesting day.

First the Taurus battery died due to the heat and Fran dosn't get a check till tomarrow so we sc***** all the change we had together to put enough gas in the Marauder to get Fran to and from work today.

Now my pacemaker alarm is going off inside of my chest. I remeber when they told me what each sound means and this one means the Battery is dieing. So it looks like I will be going back under the knife again ASAP.
I am NOT FOND OF THIS :censor:!

I have an apointment for tomarrow morning to get it looked @ thank god we have a check tomarrow so I can gas the Marauder up and get a battery for the Taurus.

I was supose to go to the dentist tomarrow @ St. Mary's because I have a rear moller that snaped in half and have been dealing with some pretty bad tooth pain and a rotten smell comming from the tooth when I brush the area.

So the question is what is next for today?

Never seem to have smooth sailing latley Fran lost all of the over time @ work so had to start compensating with my Mod and Show money to make up the difference that is why the Marauder has been sitting still for 2 weeks with no shows or cruise's.:bigcry:

ImpalaSlayer
07-07-2010, 03:01 PM
dman man, thats horrible. you gotta get surgery every time it needs a battery? wtf!?

LeoVampire
07-07-2010, 03:04 PM
dman man, thats horrible. you gotta get surgery every time it needs a battery? wtf!?

It is installed in the upper part of the left side of your chest!
I watched the first time they did it and got to see the doctor put his whole fist inside of the incision to make a pocket for it.
They only knocked me out when the leads were attached to my heart.

My first one was installed after my 8th MI = [Heart Attack] started to have a problem with palpatations and skiped beats and they also wanted to make sure it did not run too slow or fast.

They have a new anistecia where they can instantly control pain put you totaly under and bring you right back out of it without recovery time needed that was used on me the last time they did the pacemaker.

ImpalaSlayer
07-07-2010, 03:07 PM
damn man thats crazy stuff, how long do the batterys last? should ask them to mod it and do a battery relocation haha

TooManyFords
07-07-2010, 03:08 PM
One word: Duracell.

LeoVampire
07-07-2010, 03:12 PM
damn man thats crazy stuff, how long do the batterys last? should ask them to mod it and do a battery relocation haha

:lol: that would be cool!

Unfortunatly the pacemaker works hard with the amount of damage to my heart. The original install was March of 2004 before the Marauder. And in 2007 it had to be replaced due to a battery issue and now again in 2010 so it looks like every 3 years for me.

The funny thing is my first heart attack happend in March of 1994 so I seem to be on a roll with time lines for a lot between the Heart attack 1994, pacemaker 2004, Marauder and Fran 2004.

And basicly today means 2 Battery's between the Taurus and the Pacemaker!

bob6364
07-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Dude...

LeoVampire
07-07-2010, 03:23 PM
One word: Duracell.

Tell the pacemaker company's not me! :lol:

But I have been lucky every time it was a good pacemaker and set of leads used with no recalls.

I have scated by every single recall so I guess the doctors make sure I get the best every time of what is around.

ImpalaSlayer
07-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Tell the pacemaker company's not me! :lol:

But I have been lucky every time it was a good pacemaker and set of leads used with no recalls.

I have scated by every single recall so I guess the doctors make sure I get the best every time of what is around.

you gotta get a new pacemaker every time! damn i though they just swaped batts

LeoVampire
07-07-2010, 03:31 PM
you gotta get a new pacemaker every time! damn i though they just swaped batts

Nope it is a sealed unit and made of tianium. The shell is so tuff a guy who was shot in his pacemaker with a 22 cal survived and it only bent it in half and still kept operating.

So it's cut pull and replace each time and usualy new leads on the heart as well.

justbob
07-07-2010, 03:33 PM
I will **** up about my life sucking................NOW.

justbob
07-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Shut is a bad word now???

LeoVampire
07-07-2010, 03:37 PM
I will **** up about my life starting................NOW.

Why?? :confused:

Bluerauder
07-07-2010, 03:41 PM
You oughta have the water pump on the Taurus checked out soon. :jk:

Hope all goes well for you. Think I would do the pacemaker thing first. ;)

LeoVampire
07-07-2010, 03:47 PM
You oughta have the water pump on the Taurus checked out soon. :jk:

Hope all goes well for you. Think I would do the pacemaker thing first. ;)

:lol: Yes the Pacemaker and the doctors office is in the A.m. tomarrow. IF I get to come back home I will handle the Taurus other wise the neighbor accross the street said he will take Fran to get a new battery for the Taurus and install it for us.

Actualy on the Taurus we keep up with it big time so the battery was just an unexpected surprise seeing it is only 3 years old.

CBT
07-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Sheesh, got one of those portable battery chargers? For you and the Taurus? Hope it goes well, man.

thathotrodlincn
07-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Best of luck with all your issues!!!

LeoVampire
07-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Thanks I will keep you all informed about it as soon as I know the details myself.

I am out of here for tonight time to eat and work on the tooth pain again. Maybe I will get lucky and get the hospital to do the teeth work @ the same time and save some bucks. :lol:

See always thinking!

PonyUP
07-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Take care Leo, be thankful it's just the car water pump you are looking at and not your bodies water pump. In my thoughts, good luck :beer:

1 Bad Merc
07-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Hang in their Leo! Think about the cruises you got left to go to this summer and hopefully the procedure will be over quickly.

justbob
07-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Why?? :confused:
I am having my own issues today........Spelling and using my words this time.:D All fixed. SUCKING not starting! Where in the world did I come up with that one? LOL

Local Boy
07-07-2010, 11:43 PM
Wishing you all the best Brutha...

Aloha

LeoVampire
07-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Okay went to the doc's today.

They put the reader on it and found out yes the battery is dieing and needs to be replaced.

But they will not do it till my infected and broken tooth is out of my head or the infection will spread to the area they have to operate on.

Plus due to the bad clotting problem I have they are going to attempt to do the operation while I am still on my thinners so it means I will end up with a large and painfull hemotoma in that area.

Anyways schedualed for the 19th in the A.m. for the replacment pacemaker.

So now comes the fun with the dentist first! :bigcry:

Well the battery in the Taurus is replaced Ford did not have anything better than a 650 cca battery for it so we went with a Diehard that had 900 cca that was a direct fit.
So now the Marauder can stay back in her safe spot again for a bit :banana:

justbob
07-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Be very carefull! I just lost my grandfather a couple weeks ago who was VERY healthy! They never told him to get off his thinners for a sceduled operation and they could not stop the bleeding.

ctrlraven
07-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Best of luck man!!

Egon Spengler
07-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Good luck Leo! Get those things taken care of and you will be ready and rarin' to go!

fastblackmerc
07-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Good Luck!

SMOKE
07-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Hoping for nuttin but the best for you on your upcoming adventures...as with the Taurus battery time and patients will resolve all this...

Best,
J

scruff
07-08-2010, 05:19 PM
gawd man i dont know whats worse? haveing to change the battery in your pacemaker or the one in the marauder lol ,,kidding if it was,nt for bad luck you would,nt have any at all,, get well soon

LeoVampire
07-09-2010, 12:35 PM
They changed the date to Thursday the 22nd early A.m. for the ICD Pacemaker surgery.

I have to go off of my Coumadin, asperin and plavix regiment the 18th and they are going to give me lovenox shots to try and control my blood clotting problem before the sergery. They inject this into the belly area and it always leaves huge painfull bruse marks around the area. :puke:

BTW I have no drug coverage and these shots are $100.00 each and they just told me on the phone I need 3 of the shots as they just told me now on the phone! :censor:
So time to call some friends and get a loan from someone!

So Okay now I am nervous! I had one of my heart attacks while on Lovenex I still formed a blood clot while on it. :(

This also means I will be in longer seeing they have to get my blood thinner levels back to normal before I am released. So what was supose to be in and out in 1 or 2 days max has turned into a week long deal. :censor:

Egon Spengler
07-09-2010, 12:42 PM
They changed the date to Thursday the 22nd early A.m. for the ICD Pacemaker surgery.

I have to go off of my Coumadin, asperin and plavix regiment the 18th and they are going to give me lovenox shots to try and control my blood clotting problem before the sergery. They inject this into the belly area and it always leaves huge painfull bruse marks around the area. :puke:

So Okay now I am nervous! I had one of my heart attacks while on Lovenex I still formed a blood clot while on it. :(

This also means I will be in longer seeing they have to get my blood thinner levels back to normal before I am released. So what was supose to be in and out in 1 or 2 days max has turned into a week long deal. :censor:
It might seem like a long time to be in there (and it is), but better safe than sorry my friend! I am sure you already know this, but make sure if you feel even a little bit off, don't hesitate to get your azz to the hospital! Can't be too safe with what you are about to go through!

thathotrodlincn
07-09-2010, 12:44 PM
To quote Thomas Payne "these are the times that try men's souls". Wishing you all the best. All our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Egon Spengler
07-09-2010, 12:49 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/4/6/128835259294398318.jpg

Hacklemerc
07-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Good luck man. Keep us all posted. Hope everything works out good.

Hackle

Mr. Man
07-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Good luck Dave. Hope you pull though w/ aces. Got a beer with your name on it next Carlisle.

Ladyhawke
07-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Good luck with the surgery Dave. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Fran during this time.

Chris & Gordon