PDA

View Full Version : The new 5.0

hotford
07-09-2010, 01:38 AM
Well looking into buying one of these as these cars ROCK!!
not only do they look even better than last years model but dodge and chevy have nothin over this bad boy.

Just got of the phone with lidio and talked to him about his new 5.0 which he's only had 1 week, he goes on to tell me that the new 6 speed auto rocks and he's already inprove alot of the trans shift functions and really cleaned up the low rpm lag from 1500 to 3000 rpm, he tells me he's found another 30 rwhp from that rpm range, the car stock laid down 355 rwhp and with just his tune in it and with it being 97 degrees outside yesterday the car laid down 376 rwhp thats with no exhaust, or air filter just his tune.

This new 5.0 when treated to exhaust and a cold air kit and maybe cams this bad boy will make well over 400 rwhp.looks like this 5.0 does need a blower but man it would be really nice on it.

check out the you tube video of the car when lidio on the throttle the factory tach is lite blue but when shifting over 7000 rpm the tach lite turn red as a warning that is over the factory setting of 6800 rpm.

GAMike
07-09-2010, 03:12 AM
I 100% agree HotFord:banana2:. Had an opportunity to drive one a few weeks back, and got on it pretty good. It had the Brembo package along with 3.73's.....

I thought it sounded and handled like a V-8 M3 never mind the existing pony car world:puke:..... To me that is high praise..... Say what you will about BMW's, but the M3 is a hell of a car save for the price..... Quick, handles, and sounds right, and is very comfortable/ Ergonomic inside. Can say exactely the same for the new 5.0:burnout:For $38k vs. $68+k :beatnik:Can you say no brainer????

tremblay
07-09-2010, 06:19 AM
marauder 5.0L anyone?

CBT
07-09-2010, 06:28 AM
Some of the vids of the new Mustangs after a couple tuning mods, jeez. Those things are ripping off 10's and 11's like it's going out of style. Even I, not a big 'stang fan, cannot deny the awesomeness.

ctrlraven
07-09-2010, 06:43 AM
Evolution Performance out of PA is the shop with the lead on the 5.0 tech and tune.

SpartaPerformance
07-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Everybody I know that has touched these new 5.0's really love them. The guys at American Racing headers got 30rwhp with long tubes and no CAI. I couldn't believe the dyno sheet when I saw it.

Ktorres1
07-09-2010, 08:57 PM
I love the new 5.0's as I've always had and it really is on the cutting edge. It's really defines performance in every aspect and that's makes a sports car! It's far more than a muscle car now.

Big Black Beast
07-13-2010, 08:27 PM
I like the current Mustamustangs, the front better than the back though.
I'm STILL WAITING for somebody to try a Marauder swap *drums fingers*.

Dennis Reinhart
07-13-2010, 08:33 PM
Well looking into buying one of these as these cars ROCK!!
not only do they look even better than last years model but dodge and chevy have nothin over this bad boy.

Just got of the phone with lidio and talked to him about his new 5.0 which he's only had 1 week, he goes on to tell me that the new 6 speed auto rocks and he's already inprove alot of the trans shift functions and really cleaned up the low rpm lag from 1500 to 3000 rpm, he tells me he's found another 30 rwhp from that rpm range, the car stock laid down 355 rwhp and with just his tune in it and with it being 97 degrees outside yesterday the car laid down 376 rwhp thats with no exhaust, or air filter just his tune.

This new 5.0 when treated to exhaust and a cold air kit and maybe cams this bad boy will make well over 400 rwhp.looks like this 5.0 does need a blower but man it would be really nice on it.

check out the you tube video of the car when lidio on the throttle the factory tach is lite blue but when shifting over 7000 rpm the tach lite turn red as a warning that is over the factory setting of 6800 rpm.

I will have one here Friday we are doing a CAK and Kooks LTH with Cat back, will do a before and after with a full photo and dyno run. The owner is 65 years young.