PDA

View Full Version : Scott - Team Ford leaving

Marauder_Santa
07-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Scott Levine of Team Ford will be leaving at the end of this month (July) and moving to the Cleveland Ohio area. I forgot the name of the town, but it is just outside Cleveland.

Scott has worked on just about every MM in the SE and then some.

I think I can speak for just about everyone that has ever met Scott and he will be missed a lot. He spoiled all of us - working on our cars at discounted rates right at Team Ford - and we were able to be in the shop with him while he did the work.

He has a gig lined up with a Ford (Auto Nation) out side Cleveland. I don't know if he will have the same luxury to work deals on the side and allow folks to be in the shop with him - but even if you have to pay dealer rates, Scott is a trusted mechanic and will do a great job on the car.

fastblackmerc
07-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Scott Levine of Team Ford will be leaving at the end of this month (July) and moving to the Cleveland Ohio area. I forgot the name of the town, but it is just outside Cleveland.

Scott has worked on just about every MM in the SE and then some.

I think I can speak for just about everyone that has ever met Scott and he will be missed a lot. He spoiled all of us - working on our cars at discounted rates right at Team Ford - and we were able to be in the shop with him while he did the work.

He has a gig lined up with a Ford (Auto Nation) out side Cleveland. I don't know if he will have the same luxury to work deals on the side and allow folks to be in the shop with him - but even if you have to pay dealer rates, Scott is a trusted mechanic and will do a great job on the car.

Never had him work on my MM but I've heard he's one of the best!

FordNut
07-10-2010, 07:26 PM
He has done a lot for me. Maybe he'll be convenient for Barry (Cruztaker).

Y'all having a going-away dinner/lunch/breakfast for him? I was thinking I'd try to see him off by visiting during the next Cracker Barrel Breakfast.

Marauder_Santa
07-10-2010, 07:41 PM
A few of us were talking about having a dinner for him at Williamson Bros some evening during the week.

Look for more information about this soon.

Marauderman
07-11-2010, 03:37 AM
Ah Shucks!!!!!!!!! great for him--bad for us!!

Scott has done a lot of work on my MM in the early years specially in 04 --he is a great mechanic and fun to hang with --has a story for ya on just about any thing car related you want to hear about---and his knowledge about cars is amazing----plus he is just plain great friend to call a friend.....and would help in any way ----

For those of us that know him , we will surely miss having someone to fall back on when needed while in the Alt. area.

Tell him good luck and stay in touch from me--Thanks

Marauder_Santa
07-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Ah Shucks!!!!!!!!! great for him--bad for us!!

As you said - bad for us - but great for anyone that may be within driving distance of Cleveland Ohio. I plan on making at least one trip up to see him at some point and we may even be able to get a group to convoy up.

He will have about 14 acres of land and plans on building his own shop on the property at some point.

Scott is also a top notch Diesel mechanic and hopes to attract some local businesses that have diesel trucks to his soon to be new shop.

GAMike
07-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Yea..... He will be missed. Without a doubt one of the best in the biz, and a hell of a good guy.

Just to tighten up what Dave said....... Scott is moving closer to Canton, OH (I think the name of the town is Navarre, OH but don't quote me) Its a little west of the NFL HOF, but yea a fairly easy and most worthwhile drive if you need your vehicle worked on and are from the area.

I'm in for a big send off, so lets get this together guys!:beer:

CWright
07-12-2010, 08:57 AM
I hate to see him go. I just met him a few months ago and he's very knowledgable on our cars. Keep me posted on the going away party.

Thanks and Good luck Scott on your move!:beer:

CRUZTAKER
07-12-2010, 12:39 PM
He has done a lot for me. Maybe he'll be convenient for Barry (Cruztaker).

The Lord taketh....and the Lord giveth....:P

There is NO SHOP worthy in NE Ohio to work a Marauder.

Please post the city when you know better!

Black Terror
07-12-2010, 02:52 PM
I am pretty sure he will be working at AutoNation in Canton, OH.
PM me and I will give you his phone number.

Paul T. Casey
07-12-2010, 07:01 PM
I've had the pleasure of Scott turning some wrenches on mine, top notch all the way. Tell him I said hey at dinner.

frdwrnch
07-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Met him years ago at one of the dyno meets. Awesome guy, very knowledgeable, a leader in his field. Him leaving the dealership technician pool is indicative of a scary trend of more sophisticated vehicles with less support paying less to work on. Good luck to him.

GAMike
07-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Met him years ago at one of the dyno meets. Awesome guy, very knowledgeable, a leader in his field. Him leaving the dealership technician pool is indicative of a scary trend of more sophisticated vehicles with less support paying less to work on. Good luck to him.

I'm pretty sure Scott would agree with your assement. Its really too bad.:bigcry: Just having Scott there brought alot of business to the store..... Never mind all the nice things he did for us, people shop where people know folks like Scott are waiting in the wings to take care of them. With him gone, I can see future new car sales trending lower for sure.

Scott's not only a friend to the Marauder community, but any Ford Performance Club in Atlanta will tell you, he's as good as they get.:rock:

Glenn
07-18-2010, 04:06 PM
The Atlanta MM owners are truly going to miss a great MM mechanic and an overall great guy. A real lose to the Atlanta MM community. I personally could never have done all the mods to my MM without Scott's help, total mechanical know-how and reasonable costs. He is amazing to watch working on a MM. He just automatically knows what to do without any hesitation. A remarkable mechanic. Good luck Scott and the best.

Glenn Ford :beer:

PS: He is moving to Navarre, OH

FordNut
07-18-2010, 04:39 PM
It was shocking to see Team Ford Saturday. Jason is gone, Aric has been gone a long time, both of the Bradshaw boys are gone, not Scott is leaving. Almost every Saturday there used to be somebody on the dyno, but it sat silent. The drivetrain shop used to take up another whole shop, now it has been incorporated into the main workshop and is virtually empty. sad state of affairs.

Wires
07-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Crap. I may have to move.