PDA

View Full Version : Qvale Mangusta - what do you think of them?

Loco1234
07-12-2010, 08:53 AM
HI all,
Gary Sr & myself are def keeping the Marauder but I'm looking to pick up a new summer toy as I could use a lil pick me up...
I have found a Qvale mangusta at a great price. Im looking to my trusted knowledge (Mod Motor) Fords friends to get everyone's opinon...
If you have the time please look into the car a bit on the web and give me your honest opinon's here... if you are just curious what the car is... here's a quick link:
http://www.planet9.com/worlds/mangusta/
They sold for about $84,000 new... now they are available at much less... but I would fully expect the cost of them to go back up as they age. Preticuarly since there was only about 271 of them ever made in the world.
The car uses a 01 SVT Cobra Engine (4.6L DOHC) & Tranny (T45).
It also can be either a hard top, targa top, or convertible within a minute.
It uses a re-leather 98 svt cobra dash & white out guages & the stock Visteon climate control.
...so most parts could be as easy as the junk yard or ford dealer...

I do currently own a 72 Detomaso Pantera Pre-L so I completely understand the old connection of the Mangusta name from back in 68.

Mr. Man
07-12-2010, 08:59 AM
Looks good. If it's Italian it's going to be finicky no matter the powertrain but I bet its fun to drive.

Loco1234
07-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Let me guess... No one has ever heard of this vehicle so no one is giving any comments...? or is the vehicle just a bad choice & no one wants to say... lol

Krytin
07-12-2010, 01:00 PM
I have seen one up close - they are very nice! The only parts you will have a hard time replacing are the body parts. The drive train appears to be completely lifted from the Mustang. If you're happy with the price I would get it!!
Good Luck!

Loco1234
07-12-2010, 01:38 PM
As I understand it the importer (Qvale) & the factory are still in San Franciso. ...and there is enough parts there to make another 200 cars...

LIGHTNIN1
07-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Go for it if it makes you happy. Should be a head turner. What about insurance, have you recieved a quote?

LOWBUCKMM
07-12-2010, 01:55 PM
looks like a good and fun car to drive. go for it man.

Loco1234
07-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Oh ya... Insurance is not cheap... LOL however there are only 271 ever made so... I have a heated garage at the new house etc...

RoyLPita
07-12-2010, 02:43 PM
I saw one at my workplace. Other than that, there was nothing more to say about it.

Vortex
07-13-2010, 07:18 AM
They probably drive alot like a new Mustang GT but dont look nearly as nice and I bet getting parts/repairs, well, you already know the answer to that. Id recommend a Mustang.

Loco1234
07-13-2010, 07:57 AM
Ya but I found one on a government auctions for dirt cheap. Way less than I can buy a new Mustang for...

I only go about 2 miles total round trip to work & back home... and Id only drive it in the summer...

Most people & friends I try to discuss the car with haven't ever even heard of one...let alone know any info about them...
They use a 2000-01 SVT Cobra motor. Did that come with the Teksid block...?

Krytin
07-13-2010, 08:05 AM
Anyone who repairs Mustang SVT Cobras can and will repair the Mangusta!
Village Auto in Stony Brook, NY has been servicing one now for several years with no problems. As I said, if the price is right and you're happy - get it. They are cool looking cars and they run well too!