PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch the farwell to Phil Harris?

Egon Spengler
07-14-2010, 09:30 AM
I was flipping between the Deadliest Catch's farewell to Phil Harris and Resue Me. It was a pretty good episode. I watched most of it. Phil touched many lives and it was sad to see him go.

On another note, at the end when they are in the street and the dude from the Time Bandit is pulling donuts on the Harley, I am watching it and said to myself, "He doesn't know what he is doing" After I said that, he slam the rear end of the bike into a telephone poll! LOL

ImpalaSlayer
07-14-2010, 12:58 PM
i saw the episode, but i was at my friends and he has satellite and it started to rain half way through the after the catch

fastblackmerc
07-14-2010, 01:22 PM
On the DVR, will be watching both tonight.

LIGHTNIN1
07-14-2010, 02:55 PM
I have it recorded and will watch it maybe tomorrow. Looks like a good episode.

jonroe
07-14-2010, 03:52 PM
It was excellent and very sad. I watched many episodes of the series and I always enjoyed Phil the best. He was a character.

blackhueys
07-14-2010, 04:05 PM
good episode about a great man!!!!!!!!!

BlueFusion
07-14-2010, 05:43 PM
I haven't watched the last two seasons but I, too, was flipping between Rescue Me and last night's episode of Deadliest Catch and After The Catch.

It was sad to see. He was a good guy and died too young.

Paul T. Casey
07-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Big fan of "Catch" myself. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. Wrong guy died.

jabird56
07-14-2010, 06:59 PM
He was down to earth and touch a lot of people that watched that show. He WILL be missed. I know you won't find me up in the Bering Sea,....I "chum" the sea just cruzin' along on the Chesapeake Bay

guspech750
07-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Big fan of the show since it first started. I hope they do not stop the show after this year.

ImpalaSlayer
07-15-2010, 08:25 AM
Big fan of the show since it first started. I hope they do not stop the show after this year.

i dont think they will, seems like big changes for most of the boats next season

Egon Spengler
07-15-2010, 08:30 AM
i dont think they will, seems like big changes for most of the boats next season
I agree... Crews and captains seem to be falling apart.

sailsmen
07-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Both the people I have seen drown did not have a life vest and neither have any of the people I have rescued from drowning.

All the boats I have been on at night, when it's cold or rough everyone must wear a life vest or they must stay below!

Vortex
07-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Start this at the 3:15 mark, any earlier just is pretty hard to take (for me anyway, Ive been a fan of the show since the beginning):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKIGdgjIPNc&playnext_from=TL&videos=KANf6hiT_eo

A great tribute, not exploitative or gruesome; the ships going thru some weather with their crews showing both the hard and dangerous work as well as the excitement and thrill of the blue ocean. Add to that that great Johnny Cash version of Sheryl Crow's "Redemption Day" and it was really powerful television. Capt Phil probably crossed the Great Divide thinking about the sea like that I would imagine.

Egon Spengler
07-21-2010, 07:30 AM
Start this at the 3:15 mark, any earlier just is pretty hard to take (for me anyway, Ive been a fan of the show since the beginning):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKIGdgjIPNc&playnext_from=TL&videos=KANf6hiT_eo

A great tribute, not exploitative or gruesome; the ships going thru some weather with their crews showing both the hard and dangerous work as well as the excitement and thrill of the blue ocean. Add to that that great Johnny Cash version of Sheryl Crow's "Redemption Day" and it was really powerful television. Capt Phil probably crossed the Great Divide thinking about the sea like that I would imagine.
Ok, watched some of this clip and some of the other clips online this morning... Probably wasn't a good idea! haha :bigcry: ...