PDA

View Full Version : Yuck!

woaface
11-29-2003, 10:47 PM
I just finished watching "28 Days Later". I don't suggest to anyone who hasn't seen it to go get it anytime soon. It was extremely gross. All kinds of sick people running around killing other people makin them sick and splattering blood ALL over making a huge mess and cussin and screamin and a skinny naked guy at the beginning. YUCK! Man, I don't mind a little violence here and there...but damn...this movie was SICK! Anyways, thought I'd let ya'll know.

Ladyhawke
11-30-2003, 01:23 AM
How about "Wrong Turn" or "Jeepers Creepers 2"!! Those were a couple of good horror flicks during the summer. Gotta love the truck in Jeepers 1. Haggis wants one as his commuter.

I can take Jason but no Freddie. Haggis likes his one-liners, but not me ... please stay out of my dreams. Oh well, when we get around to watching "28 Days Later", we will let you know if we liked it or not. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/u/fu.gif

junehhan
11-30-2003, 03:43 PM
One of the DUMBEST movies of all time was probably House of the Dead which was recently at the movie theatres........

After watching that movie, I honestly wanted my money back and the entire crowd in the theatre started going on a rampage yelling how horrible it was.

I do love a good horror flick, but honestly don't have much time for movies. What are some good really scary ones lately? I'm getting so sick of horror movies that turn into more of a freak show than horror. Horror movies are supposed to scare the piss out of you, not be a freak show, or some are even boring enough to put you to sleep.

MapleLeafMerc
11-30-2003, 06:01 PM
A movie review forum? Cool.

Avoid "About Schmidt", unless you think you feel a bit too happy.

P74vic
11-30-2003, 06:42 PM
I'm more of a "My Cousin Vinny" (Joe Pesci) type person myself! That movie is hilarious! And one of the best roles Marisa Tomei has ever played. Fred Gwynne (Herman Munster) is the judge, extremely good actor.

The movie was 10 years old before I saw it for the first time! Don't know how I overlooked it for so long! :cool:

woaface
11-30-2003, 07:06 PM
Who knew...the guy who made jeepers creepers is an ex-convict...convicted of child molestation.

junehhan
11-30-2003, 08:23 PM
I think the last really good horror movie I saw, was Holloween H2O. It had a corny story and plot, but it really was effective at keeping you on the edge of your seat with suspense, and scaring the piss out of you. The background music probably played a huge role in that it was absolutely masterfully done for each scene and setting.

dwasson
12-01-2003, 10:42 AM
The American Version of 28 Days Later was a little shorter.

Guy wakes up after 28 days in a coma and asks what he missed.

Hospital staff tells him that it was terrible. A few dozen people went crazy and started killing other people. After they were shot and killed it stopped.

Ladyhawke
12-01-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by dwasson
The American Version of 28 Days Later was a little shorter.

Guy wakes up after 28 days in a coma and asks what he missed.

Hospital staff tells him that it was terrible. A few dozen people went crazy and started killing other people. After they were shot and killed it stopped.

Oh great ... I haven't seen the movie yet. And now you went and ruined it for me! :mad2:

SergntMac
12-01-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Ladyhawke
Oh great ... I haven't seen the movie yet. And now you went and ruined it for me!

Don't sweat it, Chris, what he doesn't mention is the visual stuff.

Every "authority" figure, be it cop, nurse, doctor, Judge, and so on, has this unsightly red blotch on the right side of their neck, just below the ear. The closing scenes make the film...And the sequel.

Ooops...Sorry.

RCSignals
12-01-2003, 10:22 PM
Well between the reviews here, and the TV trailer, here's one movie I won't have to go see. Maybe not the sequel either.
Saved me a bunch of money, thanks guys :)

BillyGman
12-02-2003, 01:05 AM
doesn't seem like I'm attempting to change the subject here, but as far as horror/sci-fi flicks go, there's an old one that was made in the late 70's that hardly anyone I talk to has ever heard of. It stars Kurt Russell and is the remake of "The Thing". The original was made in the 50's but this remake was much different, and IMO a lot better. Has anyone here seen it? I saw an interview w/Kurt Russell, and he stated that he thinks that "The Thing" was the best movie that he's ever starred in, but the only reason that it wasn't a great box office hit back in the 70's was simply because it came out the same time Star Wars did, and that movie just crushed all the competition.

Haggis
12-02-2003, 05:37 AM
BillyGman, "The Thing" was a good movie sort of like "Alien". I would give it a. :up:

jerrym3
12-04-2003, 07:15 AM
I saw the original The Thing (from another world) in the movies in the 50's. As a little kid, I couldn't walk up a flight of steps in the dark for months.

The movie is considered a classic and is now available on DVD.

I also have the newer version on DVD, but, even though the "horror" effects are not as good on the original, the dialogue and the musical score makes up for the lack of special effects.

Other decent horror (and sometimes funny) movies are An American Werewolf in London and Fright Night.

spidermac
12-06-2003, 01:40 PM
how about something lighter....A Fish Called Wanda...Kevin Klien is great in theat film....I wanna be otto when i grow up;)

Patrick
12-06-2003, 07:03 PM
I didnt see the movie you are talking about. The new stuff doesnt do nothing for me!!!!I prefer Classic. And Humor!!!

Abbott and Costello meet Daracula, Frankinstien and the Wolfeman is the Best of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

duhtroll
12-06-2003, 07:48 PM
Wow - "Fish" is my favorite movie of all time.

Except maybe "The Princess Bride."

I think Otto is Kevin Kline's greatest acting job ever, and he has done some great ones.

But for late night comedy one cannot exclude the original "Major League." Not the TV version of course.

Cheers,
-A

RoyLPita
12-06-2003, 07:57 PM
Quote from Kevin Kline in A Fish Called Wanda: "Don't call me crazy!" BTW, when you get to England, make sure you drive a big 70's Mercury and drive on the American side of the road.

The worst movie that I saw to date: Very Bad Things.