PDA

View Full Version : Interesting video of a Humvee in Baghdad

Egon Spengler
07-22-2010, 07:12 AM
Saw this video today and thought I would share. It is a Humvee in Baghdad bumping cars and driving very offensively. Got to do what you got to do! I love the "oh poor citizens" comments below the video! If this is what you need to do to survive in a war torn country, then so be it! I would probably drive even more aggressive!

This IS safe for work by the way... EDIT: Sorry, one "F" bomb at the end of the vid.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yco1deXOzN8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yco1deXOzN8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

MMarauder03
07-22-2010, 07:17 AM
Wow, if a humvee came up and rear ended me I would be soooooooo pissed!!

kernie
07-22-2010, 07:37 AM

Imagine that humvee was full of iraqi soldiers who control your city! :eek:

djv5150
07-22-2010, 07:53 AM
I love it, don't get in the way of progress or you will reminded to get out of the way.

Joe Walsh
07-22-2010, 08:07 AM
I wish that I could drive like that on the Baltimore/DC Beltways....:banana:

Obviously some of the drivers "knew the drill" and cleared out of the way before getting the "bump and run".

Sad thing is....any one of those cars could have been a suicide bomber with a load of explosives in the trunk.

MMarauder03
07-22-2010, 08:19 AM
Imagine that humvee was full of iraqi soldiers who control your city! :eek:

Exactly why I would be pissed! How the hell do you explain that to your insurance company...? ...yeah, an armored humvee full of troops just came up behind me and rearended me and just drove off into oncoming traffic... Lol

J-MAN
07-22-2010, 08:20 AM
Wait a minute.........that's Detroit!!!!

Egon Spengler
07-22-2010, 08:24 AM
Wait a minute.........that's Detroit!!!!
LOL!

I was thinking how I could use that thing in Boston. Mass Pike would not look the same when I got done with it!

ctrlraven
07-22-2010, 09:24 AM
They were leaning on the horn too through the video.

Local Boy
07-22-2010, 11:29 AM
If you look at it in the context of "This is a war zone, and my buddys are taking fire on the other side of the city....Hell Yeah! I'll be bulldozing my way to help them!

What ever it takes, to come home in one peice...

I support our military...

Now, if that were civilians in that Hummer....OH boy! THAT would be a good reason to HATE!

Aloha

SID210SA
07-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Why does such a big vehicle have such a weak horn???

Need to put a train horn on that thing....

wht02lightning
07-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Why does such a big vehicle have such a weak horn???

Need to put a train horn on that thing....

When i was doing that in 06-08 our trucks had a siren and loudspeaker, much more effective, the stoch 1151 horn is horrid. That video was in the sector we had too, you HAVE to drive like that to avoid ambushes

Mr. Man
07-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Wonder what Volkswagen they took the horn from. Otherwise it looks like everyday driving on the 405 in LA.

bob6364
07-22-2010, 01:21 PM
I would think the a weak horn would be better...bigger horn travels further giving the bad guys time to set up down the road.

justbob
07-22-2010, 02:17 PM
No wonder why we are so loved.........

DarthMarauder
07-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Have to drive like that also cause you never know if the vehicle that doesnt move is the one thats gonna blow up in your face. Also any convoy rolling now has signs on the fronts and backs of there vehicles that basically says get out of my way in Arabic and English. I hate when people complain and feel sorry for these people if you have a problem with it go over there and see what its like. I've been to Iraq and Afghanistan and it gets under my skin sometimes when people that have never been or have no idea what goes on over there sides against us. OK I'm getting off my soapbox before I get a headache.

CRUZTAKER
07-22-2010, 03:32 PM

If a humvee came up behind me...and I was a resident of Bagdad...I'd get the hell out of the way!

I have a hunch the locals know that. :P

Great video though! Thanks for sharing.

kernie
07-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Have to drive like that also cause you never know if the vehicle that doesnt move is the one thats gonna blow up in your face. Also any convoy rolling now has signs on the fronts and backs of there vehicles that basically says get out of my way in Arabic and English. I hate when people complain and feel sorry for these people if you have a problem with it go over there and see what its like. I've been to Iraq and Afghanistan and it gets under my skin sometimes when people that have never been or have no idea what goes on over there sides against us. OK I'm getting off my soapbox before I get a headache.

I didn't see any of that, perhaps a couple people, myself included,
"put thierselves in thier shoes", no big deal.

Putting yourself in thier shoes, in other words trying to understand thier thinking is a usefull tool that can provide awnsers.

Cheers.

P.S., don't put yourself in your wifes shoes, not usually a good outcome.

fastblackmerc
07-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Exactly why I would be pissed! How the hell do you explain that to your insurance company...? ...yeah, an armored humvee full of troops just came up behind me and rearended me and just drove off into oncoming traffic... Lol

Like anyone of those drivers had insurance......

MMarauder03
07-23-2010, 11:16 AM

Most likely not, just thinkin about what I would do if I were in the given situation... :bigcry:

RF Overlord
07-23-2010, 11:22 AM
I was thinking how I could use that thing in Boston. People in Boston drive that way NOW...at least they do when they come to the Cape... :rolleyes:

Go2GuyFL
07-23-2010, 12:28 PM
I think I saw my old '76 Toyota Corona brown 4-dr coming at them towards the end of the video. That was a great car with 7" of ground clearance and 2.3L 4-cylinder.

MyRaider
07-24-2010, 04:13 AM
That video has been out for a few years now, my guess is since 2004-5.

Vortex
07-24-2010, 07:05 AM
A US vehicle stopped in traffic is a target. You have to keep moving to stay alive, rude driving or not.

geo815
07-24-2010, 08:42 AM
A friend of mine has half of his intestines now, because his convoy had to slow down for a roadside "obstruction."

wht02lightning
07-24-2010, 08:48 AM

Insurance isnt used over there. Alot of what people drive over there have been stolen in europe. They dont have titles or anything. We even saw used car lots who sell cars then steal them back to sell them again

tbone
07-24-2010, 09:16 AM
It's a 24 hour emergency over there. OF COURSE they're going to drive like that! I would expect nothing less!

LSp8
07-25-2010, 12:30 PM
When i was doing that in 06-08 our trucks had a siren and loudspeaker, much more effective, the stoch 1151 horn is horrid. That video was in the sector we had too, you HAVE to drive like that to avoid ambushes

Damn straight, here in Jalalabad, Afghanistan we have to do the same thing, sirens, and loudspeaker. Luckily we have MRAPS and they're freakin huge. The locals here already know what time it is. If they don't move they get this

:director: If they refuse or get too close they get this :uzi:, I WILL be home for MV8

kernie
07-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Damn straight, here in Jalalabad, Afghanistan we have to do the same thing, sirens, and loudspeaker. Luckily we have MRAPS and they're freakin huge. The locals here already know what time it is. If they don't move they get this

:director: If they refuse or get too close they get this :uzi:, I WILL be home for MV8

If i lived there i don't think i would let my wife or kids out of the house.