PDA

View Full Version : It might be time to do it

PonyUP
07-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Those of you that know me, know that my plan has been all along to get a 2011 Mustang GT. For 2 years of anticipation that this car was coming, I have planned on it. But I planned on it in the spring of 2011.

Well I have been so fed up with selling the Vic and having deadbeats fall through on the sale, and wasting every one of my weekends for people to look at the car, it got me thinking.

I currently still owe $8K on the current mustang
Trade in Value in "Good" condition, not excellant is still $18,000

Trade in value on the Vic in "Fair Condition" Not good, is $5150.

New Mustang, the way I want it, is $35.

Overall it lowers my monthly payment, elimiantes insurance on 1 car, but I'm signing up for 5 more years of payments. Might have to just bite the bullet and do it, I'm sick of wasting my weekends.

My Mustang is probably closer to excellent condition and the Vic is closer to good. But I'll probably get wrecked on the "trading 2 cars in" thing.

I don't know, what to do? Any thoughts?

MMarauder03
07-23-2010, 09:07 AM
Those of you that know me, know that my plan has been all along to get a 2011 Mustang GT. For 2 years of anticipation that this car was coming, I have planned on it. But I planned on it in the spring of 2011.

Well I have been so fed up with selling the Vic and having deadbeats fall through on the sale, and wasting every one of my weekends for people to look at the car, it got me thinking.

I currently still owe $8K on the current mustang
Trade in Value in "Good" condition, not excellant is still $18,000

Trade in value on the Vic in "Fair Condition" Not good, is $5150.

New Mustang, the way I want it, is $35.

Overall it lowers my monthly payment, elimiantes insurance on 1 car, but I'm signing up for 5 more years of payments. Might have to just bite the bullet and do it, I'm sick of wasting my weekends.

My Mustang is probably closer to excellent condition and the Vic is closer to good. But I'll probably get wrecked on the "trading 2 cars in" thing.

I don't know, what to do? Any thoughts?

Buy a MARAUDER! then you'll have money left over for FUN things like a supercharger.

PonyUP
07-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Buy a MARAUDER! then you'll have money left over for FUN things like a supercharger.

Oh I have a Marauder, and I'm keeping her, I'm think about trading in the Vic and the Mustang, but I am definitely keeping the Marauder

MMarauder03
07-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Oh I have a Marauder, and I'm keeping her, I'm think about trading in the Vic and the Mustang, but I am definitely keeping the Marauder

You my friend, have a lot of cars! Personally, I'd do it. Are you happy with your mustang now?

PonyUP
07-23-2010, 09:41 AM
You my friend, have a lot of cars! Personally, I'd do it. Are you happy with your mustang now?

I love my Mustang now, it is an awesome vehicle and every time I take it out, I get compliments, but yeah, I got saddled with too many cars. Ideally I would have liked to sell the Vic before buying the Maruader, but I got a great deal and couldn't pass it up, just never thought I'd have a hard time selling the Vic.

I get plenty of interest, people come out, drive it and love it. We agree on a price, I tell them they can put a deposit down, and everything should be good.

But then either their financing falls through, or the car they are trying to sell to do it doesn't sell, or I just never hear from them. It has literally ended up being a waste of my last 4 weekends, and I'm done with it. the cars paltes expire at the end of this month, so I think it might be time to do it.

MMarauder03
07-23-2010, 09:45 AM
I love my Mustang now, it is an awesome vehicle and every time I take it out, I get compliments, but yeah, I got saddled with too many cars. Ideally I would have liked to sell the Vic before buying the Maruader, but I got a great deal and couldn't pass it up, just never thought I'd have a hard time selling the Vic.

I get plenty of interest, people come out, drive it and love it. We agree on a price, I tell them they can put a deposit down, and everything should be good.

But then either their financing falls through, or the car they are trying to sell to do it doesn't sell, or I just never hear from them. It has literally ended up being a waste of my last 4 weekends, and I'm done with it. the cars paltes expire at the end of this month, so I think it might be time to do it.

I remember looking at the thread now. Very clean Vic btw, too bad it's just not the kind of market to sell cars right now... This could be ur way out, the new stangs are sick and I wouldn't mind owning one myself. I'd def think about it if I were in ur shoes.

LANDY
07-23-2010, 09:46 AM
Get t.he new 5.0 and don't look back.

CROWNMARAUDER
07-23-2010, 09:53 AM
My dad just got a 2011 Mustang GT convertible. I say get the mustang. His is an automatic but it is still a blast to drive.

PonyUP
07-23-2010, 10:01 AM
I think I'll go look at them tomorrow morning. The only problem is, I'll have to put my stock tune back in the Mustang to take to the dealer.

tbone
07-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Just do it.

Marauderman
07-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Screw um......tell the dealer you normally put in hi test and actually put in a bit of race gas by accident -- thus the great git up a go --but it will settle back down afterwords........if they end up with it in the deal --let them worry about it unless you don't want the next buyer to have a bit of getty up:lol:

Egon Spengler
07-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Do as your user name says and PONY UP!

hot-rauder
07-23-2010, 11:52 AM

Fully Agreed....

2011 5.0 > Vic + Mustang

justbob
07-23-2010, 11:59 AM
This does sound like the smartest way of going about it, maybe not the most profitable way, but easiest for sure.

Why don't you at minimum get the trade in price and offer up a 24 hour only sale? It sucks big time to eat $4 grand in one year, but it does offer a good car at a huge savings to a real person and not a dealership that will make an awesome profit off you.

I'm at a loss of words why this wasn't gone long ago, you said it yourself that even prices were agreed on, the car sells itself, it's more of a comittment issue.

But in the end you could be enjoying a new Mustang at a reduced monthly payment, one less car to plate and insure, and alot less aggravation for maintanance.

justbob
07-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Definately pull the tune and keep the Xcal3 though!

PonyUP
07-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Definately pull the tune and keep the Xcal3 though!
+1, I definitely want to keep the tune, it has been pure magic for the car. I think, I'll probably go see what the deal is. the nice thing is I'm dealing from a position of strength. If I don't like the deal, it's not like I'm gonna cry driving home in my current Mustang

PonyUP
07-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Thanks Egon, that's probably a pretty good idea.

justbob
07-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Do not upload that 07 tune into the 11. Bad things could happen...

Mr. Man
07-23-2010, 01:10 PM
I'd wait for an '012. Let Ford work the kinks out and by then you'll not have to bend over for the dealer gouging and you might even get a rebate.

RoyLPita
07-23-2010, 01:18 PM
Did you see what Carmax would give you for both of the cars?

rayjay
07-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Go for it :up: and BTW, I know where there is a 2010 KR500, red, that can be had for sticker... The Mrs. has threatened nutering if I test drive it :(

Mr. Man
07-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Go for it :up: and BTW, I know where there is a 2010 KR500, red, that can be had for sticker... The Mrs. has threatened nutering if I test drive it :(
Are planning on more kids? Go test that car Ray:D

PonyUP
07-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Did you see what Carmax would give you for both of the cars?

Well I saw what they would give me on the Vic, they say they base it on Auction prices and would only give $4K, Blue book on it is 5700, and retail is over 8, so I told them to stick it. Based on that, I know they'll screw me on the mustang too

PonyUP
07-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Do not upload that 07 tune into the 11. Bad things could happen...

Yeah I know, I'll have to get a new tune, but I still wnat to hold on to my excal and tune for now

Spectragod
07-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Well I saw what they would give me on the Vic, they say they base it on Auction prices and would only give $4K, Blue book on it is 5700, and retail is over 8, so I told them to stick it. Based on that, I know they'll screw me on the mustang too

You also should remember, that when trading in both cars, you will not pay sales tax on that much of the deal.

Say they give you 18k for the Mustang and 4K for the Vic, that's 22k you will not be paying sales tax on. at least in Ohio that would hold true.

I would look at more than one dealer to do the deal with, it took me 3 when I traded my Super Crew Harley truck in. Fist dealer offered 15k, the second 26k, the last dealer upped the ante' to 42k trade in and took 8k off the sticker for me.

I traded both my wifes Caddy and FailBlazer in for a new truck for her, it worked out to my advantage, I got rid of 2 POS. Never, never, never buy a new Cadillac= junk.

Just my .o2, you know what your finances are, sometimes it's easier to take a loss than to deal with all the tire kickers and day dreamers.

Good luck.

PonyUP
07-24-2010, 02:05 PM
You also should remember, that when trading in both cars, you will not pay sales tax on that much of the deal.

Say they give you 18k for the Mustang and 4K for the Vic, that's 22k you will not be paying sales tax on. at least in Ohio that would hold true.

I would look at more than one dealer to do the deal with, it took me 3 when I traded my Super Crew Harley truck in. Fist dealer offered 15k, the second 26k, the last dealer upped the ante' to 42k trade in and took 8k off the sticker for me.

I traded both my wifes Caddy and FailBlazer in for a new truck for her, it worked out to my advantage, I got rid of 2 POS. Never, never, never buy a new Cadillac= junk.

Just my .o2, you know what your finances are, sometimes it's easier to take a loss than to deal with all the tire kickers and day dreamers.

Good luck.

It's that way in Georgia too. I went in with a specific price in my head (23K for both) and it took a long battle to get there, but they caved on the price. I think they thought I would be stupid enough to fall for the extra **** in the finance office. And man did they push that ****. Finally I pulled out the Tommy Boy theology "So what your saying is I should buy this guarentee package for $5 grand to avoid expensive repairs? Yup
So then youa re saying that you are selling me a piece of Ship? Oh no it will last forever.

In the end, I got the car, lowered my payment by $60, and I got the 5.0 and still have the MArauder. Life is good, I'll post pics soon

Spectragod
07-24-2010, 02:28 PM
It's that way in Georgia too. I went in with a specific price in my head (23K for both) and it took a long battle to get there, but they caved on the price. I think they thought I would be stupid enough to fall for the extra **** in the finance office. And man did they push that ****. Finally I pulled out the Tommy Boy theology "So what your saying is I should buy this guarentee package for $5 grand to avoid expensive repairs? Yup
So then youa re saying that you are selling me a piece of Ship? Oh no it will last forever.

In the end, I got the car, lowered my payment by $60, and I got the 5.0 and still have the MArauder. Life is good, I'll post pics soon

Awesome, I'm glad you'll have weekends free now. Let the dealer deal with the deadbeats.

Looking forward to seeing this new ride.:beer:

LANDY
07-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Congrats man. And enjoy your new ride

justbob
07-24-2010, 03:02 PM
I saw this coming MONTHS ago!

Vortex
07-24-2010, 08:17 PM
If you want one that bad go get a loan and buy one. You only go around once then you are dead for a very long time.

hot-rauder
07-24-2010, 09:04 PM
details??

and where are those pics!?!

dohc324ci
07-24-2010, 11:16 PM
That is sweet! Congrata man!