PDA

View Full Version : Name that tune

Juice
07-24-2010, 07:55 PM
So I've found yet another musical piece that I have definitely heard before but have no idea what it is!

I was so caught up in listening to it that I didn't think to record it until almost the very end of the song. I didn't have a chance to find the speaker it was coming out of, so I just pointed the camera up and started recording, so it's a little hard to hear, especially with the other people talking.

Here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCVoXW1xIbI

Ideas?? Thanks in advance!

Juice
07-24-2010, 08:20 PM
If it helps any, this was in an Irish restaurant, so this is definitely a Celtic piece. Someone that heard it in there with me said something about the Titanic movie, but I haven't a clue.

Mr. Man
07-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Sound quality is to poor. All I hear is peoople talking and backround hiss. Sorry can't help

Juice
07-24-2010, 08:40 PM
Bahhhh I know it sucks! I hate it when I hear something I recognize but don't know what it is. The whole song was instrumental, so there were no lyrics for me to look up.

I can hear it the best in the first 5 or so seconds of the vid, but it is awful quality, I wish I would have thought to start recording earlier.

Mr. Man
07-24-2010, 08:59 PM
It might be "99 beers on the wall". If you hum it a little it may come to you:D

MMBLUE
07-24-2010, 09:24 PM
So I've found yet another musical piece that I have definitely heard before but have no idea what it is!

I was so caught up in listening to it that I didn't think to record it until almost the very end of the song. I didn't have a chance to find the speaker it was coming out of, so I just pointed the camera up and started recording, so it's a little hard to hear, especially with the other people talking.

Here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCVoXW1xIbI

Ideas?? Thanks in advance!

Sounds like maybe the CORRS an early 90's group or could be the music from Titanic sound track when they were down in third class partying.

Bluerauder
07-25-2010, 05:32 AM
Sound quality is to poor. All I hear is peoople talking and backround hiss. Sorry can't help

Two grades below POOR. I can't make it out at all. :rolleyes:

Juice
07-25-2010, 05:47 AM
Sounds like maybe the CORRS an early 90's group or could be the music from Titanic sound track when they were down in third class partying.

I actually listened to that on YouTube when trying to figure this out. Yes, it is close, but it's not the same tune. A lot of Celtic songs sound similar, but this one in particular stands out. Thanks for giving it a shot, I'm going to listen to more of the CORRS music to see if they did this one.

Nah, it's your hearing. :D While it is difficult to hear, I can plainly make it out on my big sound system and my crappy laptop speakers.

Juice
07-25-2010, 06:01 AM
FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!

It's called Music for a Found Harmonium, and for anyone who's seen Napoleon Dynamite, this song plays at the end of the movie, which is most likely where I've heard it. It's also been in a ton of other movies, so hopefully you guys also recognize it.

Here it is so you can actually hear what I heard. I really like this music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PltA5woXKaA

Mr. Man
07-25-2010, 09:58 AM

Might be time for some new batteries there Beltone boy:D:P;)

MMBLUE
07-25-2010, 04:41 PM
FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!

It's called Music for a Found Harmonium, and for anyone who's seen Napoleon Dynamite, this song plays at the end of the movie, which is most likely where I've heard it. It's also been in a ton of other movies, so hopefully you guys also recognize it.

Here it is so you can actually hear what I heard. I really like this music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PltA5woXKaA

Cool song. If you like that then you'll really LOVE The Corrs.

Juice
07-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Yeah I've been listening to them (and other Irish groups) recently, I really love this music! Showing a little pride in my heritage. :D