PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear - New Bugatti Veyron Super Sport - Top Speed Test

ctrlraven
07-27-2010, 10:10 AM
Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmNpMKvXVgg <---Best view since it's in widescreen

YmNpMKvXVgg

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azk1gSWm0e4 <---Best view since it's in widescreen

Azk1gSWm0e4

Dr Caleb
07-27-2010, 10:40 AM
I saw that. OMG! What a monster!

tallpaul
07-27-2010, 04:35 PM
I think the discovery channel had a program about the veyron not too long ago. It is incredible. It has 1,001 hp and 256 mph top speed! How do you get the job of test driving the car. I would love to have that job. The subframe takes a week to tig weld.

RR|Suki
07-27-2010, 04:43 PM
I think the discovery channel had a program about the veyron not too long ago. It is incredible. It has 1,001 hp and 256 mph top speed! How do you get the job of test driving the car. I would love to have that job. The subframe takes a week to tig weld.

That was the old one, this one goes 267mph or something like that

tallpaul
07-27-2010, 05:30 PM
That's incredible. It was their "ultimate factories" program and they did one on the Buggatti and the Audi A8. They did three takes in the Transformers movie because they were trying to crush the Audi and they couldn't do it. They dropped the scene I believe.

Vortex
07-28-2010, 07:54 AM
They are real fast but also real ugly to my eyes. Dont they cost like a million bucks? For those kind of bucks Ill take 3 Ford GTs, all in different colors and a nice clean Saleen S7. (Naturally, I wont be able to fit in any of them but they will look great in my driveway.)

ctrlraven
07-28-2010, 08:17 AM
The regular one has 1,001hp and 922tq, the new Super Sport has 1,184hp and 1,106tq.

That's incredible. It was their "ultimate factories" program and they did one on the Buggatti and the Audi A8. They did three takes in the Transformers movie because they were trying to crush the Audi and they couldn't do it. They dropped the scene I believe.
Yeah I saw that episode, but it wasn't Transformers it was the first Iron Man movie.

They are real fast but also real ugly to my eyes. Dont they cost like a million bucks? For those kind of bucks Ill take 3 Ford GTs, all in different colors and a nice clean Saleen S7. (Naturally, I wont be able to fit in any of them but they will look great in my driveway.)
Regular one is little less than a million, the Super Sport is $1.6 Million but it is a turn key 10.2 @ 145 mph car with all the bells and whistles. Thought I wouldn't want to spend 20k on a set of tires.

Dr Caleb
07-28-2010, 08:32 AM
The tribute to Ayrton Senna was also great. Seeing Hamilton drive his old car was touching.