PDA

View Full Version : Road America today

MCAT
08-30-2010, 07:03 PM
I went up to Road America today with the North Woods Shelby Club,:banana2:
& road along during a session in my Friends Mustang (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/#), after 5 or 6 laps
rocketing out of the "Carousel" & through the "kink" at 110 mph, I think
it took the whole ride home (about 1-1/2 hrs.) for my rocks to drop back in to place:lol:, the session before He was running just under 3 min laps, We were told not bad time's for a rookies (he's run a handfull of track events) first time at R.A. in a street car thats setup for the track.

CBT
08-31-2010, 10:53 AM
I went up to Road America today with the North Woods Shelby Club,:banana2:
& road along during a session in my Friends Mustang (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/#), after 5 or 6 laps
rocketing out of the "Carousel" & through the "kink" at 110 mph, I think
it took the whole ride home (about 1-1/2 hrs.) for my rocks to drop back in to place:lol:, the session before He was running just under 3 min laps, We were told not bad time's for a rookies (he's run a handfull of track events) first time at R.A. in a street car thats setup for the track.

rayjay
08-31-2010, 02:48 PM
You should have drove the Marauder on the course. What are the requirements for the car to go on track?

Black Dynamite
08-31-2010, 05:21 PM
I am incredibly jealous. :bows: Road America is one of my favorite tracks. I would love a chance at Canada corner myself! I'll definitely be there next year for the ALMS race!

Where is this place? Sounds awesome.

Elkhart Lakes, WI.

CBT
08-31-2010, 05:22 PM
I am incredibly jealous. :bows: Road America is one of my favorite tracks. I would love a chance at Canada corner myself! I'll definitely be there next year for the ALMS race!

Elkhart Lakes, WI.

lol, your screen name kills me, makes we want to watch it again.

MCAT
09-03-2010, 12:25 PM
You should have drove the Marauder on the course. What are the requirements for the car to go on track?

As far as your car? it just has to pass inspection, street car in well maintained condition can usually pass, however In my opinon you would
wan't to upgrade your brakes.

& you need a helmet with a SNELL 2000 rating, no motorcycle helmets.

look up the Northwoods Shelby Club for more info, they are the ones that organize the events.

next event is in 2 weeks, BlackHawk Farms, just south of Beloit WI in IL.

Black Dynamite
09-03-2010, 02:07 PM
lol, your screen name kills me, makes we want to watch it again.

Sooooo many great one liners.

First time I saw that movie I thought "now that's what I should change my screen name to." I was surprised to find it hadn't been taken yet.