PDA

View Full Version : Mercury Owners Magazine Winter 2003

Donny Carlson
12-04-2003, 10:21 PM
I was pleased that the inside cover correctly indentified my car as a Marauder!

I was less pleased with the article about www.marauder.org, which, even though I am registered on there, cannot hold a candle to the greatness that is marauder.net. And this is no a$$kissing, either -- go look at it.

Interesting that the special limited edition GM is two tone and has a hood ornament. Gives you some idea what a MM in two tone would look like, and something tells me it won't be long before we see a picture of an MM adorned with one of those hood ornaments.

The Mountaineer has a SIRIUS satellite radio option, and at first I thought the head unit looked like it would fit in an MM. But closer look shows the face plate is specific to the Mountaineer.

The "perfect gift" section mentions a remote start system "available on all models"

Donny Carlson
12-04-2003, 10:22 PM
It's www.mercurymarauder.org. Like it matters.:rolleyes:

RCSignals
12-04-2003, 11:03 PM
Have thay ever featured MM.net?
Given all the other faux pas of Mercury, it figures they would feature the Marauder site that caters to the early cars, not the one that are trying to sell

Bigdogjim
12-04-2003, 11:19 PM
Mercury Owners Magazine ? Is this advaiable on line?? Is their a web site??

How do you get it??

Donny Carlson
12-04-2003, 11:19 PM
www.mercurymarauder.org

the extra "." causes a bad link.

If you check out the 2003 owners, you'll see Logan's car :)

RCSignals
12-04-2003, 11:47 PM
Jim, it's something owners of new Mercury's are supposed to get sent to them. I've phoned them a few times, but they never send the magazine.

Bigdogjim
12-05-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by RCSignals
Jim, it's something owners of new Mercury's are supposed to get sent to them. I've phoned them a few times, but they never send the magazine.

They don't like me either :lol: :lol::flamer: :confused: :help: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Donny Carlson
12-05-2003, 12:09 AM
Mercury Magazine Headquarters
Attn: Editor
PO Box 2349
Brea, CA 92822-8899

email: ownermag@mercuryvehicles.com

;)

Paul T. Casey
12-05-2003, 01:01 AM
It's not a bad site, I started out over there. In fact that's when that Ozelbab or something like that was trashing Marauders over here. I guess Logan gave him the boot so he went crying over there. He emailed me trying to get me3 to bash the car, I wouldn't and decided to see what this place was like. Sure glad I did. This site is also refered to over there now, and I think I saw a link posted there yesterday.

CRUZTAKER
12-05-2003, 04:12 AM
Mine came yesterday....I was gonna post something, then decided hell with it. The mag. just frustrates me anyway.

Haggis
12-05-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Bigdogjim
They don't like me either :lol: :lol::flamer: :confused: :help: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

It's not that don't like you bigdog. Maybe it's just might be that you intimidate them. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/950/sumo.gif

p.s.

I received mine two days ago. :D

duhtroll
12-05-2003, 07:30 AM
I got two of them a few days ago. I'll see if I can dig up the extra one if someone wants it.

First to pm me a mailing address can have it when/if I find it.

-A

MapleLeafMerc
12-05-2003, 09:16 AM
Donny, thanks for the email address re the Mercury owners magazine.

I went back to mercurymarauder.org (as soon as I saw it I realized I'd been there some time ago) and there is a photo of a blue 2003 owned by John Ramsey of Carrolton, TX. It says he has applied 3M film to the front (stone chips?) and has a dealer installed 8 track??????? Is this a member of MM.net?

Long Live #3
12-05-2003, 10:07 AM
It says site does not exist.

DetGeno
12-05-2003, 11:00 AM
WHAT A JOKE FOR A WEB-SITE "MERCURYMARAUDER.ORG" DID A 2 YO SET IT UP? IT LOOKS STUPID AND ALSO UN-USER FRIENDLY. WHY DON'T I START A BETTER WEBSITE AND CALL IT "DIS-MERCURYMARAUDER.ORG" HOW DOES THAT SOUND!!!!

RCSignals
12-05-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by MapleLeafMerc
a dealer installed 8 track???????

8 track????? where'd he find that?

Donny Carlson
12-05-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Long Live #3
It says site does not exist.

Sorry, when I posted the url the first time I left off "mercury"

Then when I fixed it I put an extra period at the end.

The correct url is www.mercurymarauder.org

and I have no connection to the site other than being registered there. Our beloved MM.net is far superior.:D