PDA

View Full Version : My two best gals can get along together!

Egon Spengler
09-13-2010, 06:22 AM
Well my girlfriend Melanie has been interested in cars and enjoys going to shows and wants to learn more about them! I told her my car was due for an oil change and she said she wanted to learn how to do one! I was like :eek:. and replied with "REALLY?!?!" She said "Yeah! I want to learn about cars!". Right then and there I will have to say I got a little teary eyed and "excited" at the same time! So I said that the only way she could learn is to do it hands on and that I will sit back and watch over and direct her. I told her she had to do everything including going to the store and picking out what she needs. We went to Autozone and I told her what I needed. She went over to the oil and I told her I needed 6 quarts of synthetic oil and even though I know what size oil filter my car takes, I made her look it up in the book so she know how to look it up. I paid for everything and we headed back to the house. I told her we have to jack the car up and she responded with "I have to get under the car?!?!" and I laughed and said "Yeah! Got to drain the old oil out and get to the filter! After that she didn't complain once! She jacked the car up and put the jack stand under (with my assistance) and then I directed her as to how to do it and she did it! She ran into some snags with the filter, but she didn't give up and figured it out! I was so proud of her and she definitely earned a lot of points with me! After we were done she said "I want to learn more!" and I fell even more in love with her that day! LOL.

She really impressed me and I figured I would share how well the girls behaved together!

CBT
09-13-2010, 06:35 AM
My first wife decided she wanted to change the oil on her care WITHOUT any input from me at all, she just wanted me to be the moral support/cheerleader while she read all the instructions, installed everything. She forgot to drain the oil from the pan, started right in on twisting off the old filter. So I sat there and waited. Oil starts seeping almost immediately, followed by a gusher after she got it all the way off. It ran all down her arm, all the way to arm pit. I'm sipping beers, rooting for her, laughing. After she puts the new filter on, she looks at me and says "What do you use to get oil off your hands?" I looked at the lawn, which was more sand than grass, and said "Rub sand all over to soak it up, then brush the sand off yourself." So she does it, upper torso is now covered in an oily/sandy mix, me knowing that crap AIN'T coming off, lmao! Good times! She wasn't that smart, but she sure was fun to look at.

PonyUP
09-13-2010, 07:25 AM
She wasn't that smart, but she sure was fun to look at.

Awww, that's how we feel about you Casey

Egon Spengler
09-13-2010, 07:38 AM
LOL!

My girl is the complete package! She is smart and was a very quick learner! She wasn't afraid to get down and dirty. Oh yea, and she is fun to look at!

I call her my little motorhead now seeing as how Dom and I broke up.

Ladyhawke
09-13-2010, 07:39 AM

Zingggggggggggggggg!!!!!

PonyUP
09-13-2010, 07:39 AM
LOL!

My girl is the complete package! She is smart and was a very quick learner! She wasn't afraid to get down and dirty. Oh yea, and she is fun to look at!

I keep looking for a girl like that to teach me about cars, because I don't know jack. Plus it is exciting :beer:

Egon Spengler
09-13-2010, 07:48 AM
I keep looking for a girl like that to teach me about cars, because I don't know jack. Plus it is exciting :beer:
Well I was trying to find another girl after I broke up with my ex and didn't believe the phrase "Good things come when you least expect it". That was until I met my girlfriend! She was the receptionist at my grandfather's assisted living place and she had a smile that I would talk to my friends about and one day figured I would go for it even though I think she is out of my league and she accepted! It will be 2 years next month! Time has flown by!

Paul T. Casey
09-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Well I was trying to find another girl after I broke up with my ex and didn't believe the phrase "Good things come when you least expect it". That was until I met my girlfriend! She was the receptionist at my grandfather's assisted living place and she had a smile that I would talk to my friends about and one day figured I would go for it even though I think she is out of my league and she accepted! It will be 2 years next month! Time has flown by!

I've seen her picture, and you're right, she's way above your league. ;)

Paul T. Casey
09-13-2010, 08:50 AM

Find a rich one instead. Make her pay to have a pro work on your cars.

SC Cheesehead
09-13-2010, 09:04 AM
I've seen her picture, and you're right, she's way above your league. ;)

This thread is useless without pics.... :D

Egon Spengler
09-13-2010, 09:08 AM
This thread is useless without pics.... :D
Melanie on my motorcycle
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs156.ash2/41141_491284502925_562932925_6 989011_1339146_n.jpg

Go2GuyFL
09-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Nice pic of the Suzuki M109 ... I'm jealous! Melanie looks cute, too.

PonyUP
09-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Melanie on my motorcycle
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs156.ash2/41141_491284502925_562932925_6 989011_1339146_n.jpg

Yup, she's outta your league. Way to go above your head though man :lol:

Egon Spengler
09-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Nice pic of the Suzuki M109 ... I'm jealous! Melanie looks cute, too.
Thanks! It is actually an M90 not 109. It has a 1500cc motor in it instead of the 1800cc or whatever the 109 has. The M90 is better handling because the higher cc handled worse (too much power). My bike is definitely fast and is more than I need! haha

Egon Spengler
09-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Yup, she's outta your league. Way to go above your head though man :lol:
I truly feel blessed! She is great on the eyes, but she truly is a great girl all around and I can't believe I found such a great girl that makes me this happy! I don't know where I would be without her!

PonyUP
09-13-2010, 10:32 AM
I truly feel blessed! She is great on the eyes, but she truly is a great girl all around and I can't believe I found such a great girl that makes me this happy! I don't know where I would be without her!

That's awesome TJ, may every year be as great as the first 2 :beer:

Egon Spengler
09-13-2010, 10:39 AM
That's awesome TJ, may every year be as great as the first 2 :beer:
Thank you good sir!

pantheroc
09-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Careful.... At least she'll know how to take care of the car when she gets it as part of the divorce settlement years from now. She's slowly working you. ;):D

She sounds like a keeper!

Egon Spengler
09-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Careful.... At least she'll know how to take care of the car when she gets it as part of the divorce settlement years from now. She's slowly working you. ;):D

She sounds like a keeper!
She is a keeper. What makes her even more of a keeper is that she doesn't want to get married! hahahaa

RF Overlord
09-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Melanie sounds (and looks) like a keeper...the fact that she even wanted to watch you do a oil change is amazing, nevermind actually doing it herself. Do WHATEVER you have to do to hold onto her. :up:

Egon Spengler
09-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Melanie sounds (and looks) like a keeper...the fact that she even wanted to watch you do a oil change is amazing, nevermind actually doing it herself. Do WHATEVER you have to do to hold onto her. :up:
haha thanks! Yeah! I was surprised! Her hand got covered with oil and she didn't complain at all. I taught her to spin the wrench in between drips at first so it doesn't get on her hand and my wrench! haha

CBT
09-13-2010, 01:46 PM
haha thanks! Yeah! I was surprised! Her hand got covered with oil and she didn't complain at all. I taught her to spin the wrench in between drips at first so it doesn't get on her hand and my wrench! haha

That's sounds so damn dirty it's not even funny! :beer:

PonyUP
09-13-2010, 04:15 PM

She said about 4 different things there by my count

Egon Spengler
09-14-2010, 05:46 AM
It was an invite for you. I did it purposely! haha

Motorhead350
09-14-2010, 06:57 AM

We are in an open relationship now.

Mine put the supercharger on one day after I cut myself (unintentionally) and was bleeding for 20 min.

"Go inside and take care of your cut, I will do this." Is what she said one day.

Sounds like be both have keepers. Did I mention her homemade gasket idea for the breather, I would almost bet her and Zack have some relation down the line. :D

RoyLPita
09-14-2010, 07:33 AM
You are a lucky man. I need to move somwhere else to find someone worthwhile nowadays.

Where I live, I cannot be a better man if she acts like a B!tch.

Haggis
09-14-2010, 08:25 AM

Dead or in jail.

Motorhead350
09-14-2010, 08:35 AM
You are a lucky man. I need to move somwhere else to find someone worthwhile nowadays.

Where I live, I cannot be a better man if she acts like a B!tch.

You'll find someone. Just don't try and they fall in your lap. I hate how that works.

Egon Spengler
09-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Dead or in jail.
Agreed! That is what I tell her! haha. I used to drive and ride my motorcycle a little crazier than I do now. She told me to calm down and that she doesn't want to lose me. That was nice to hear.

Motorhead350
09-14-2010, 08:39 AM
She must really be something if she gave you a reason to live. ;)

I'm still as reckless as ever. :burnout:

CBT
09-14-2010, 08:44 AM
You'll find someone. Just don't try and they fall in your lap. I hate how that works.

Then cut back on the Rohypnol dose.

Egon Spengler
09-14-2010, 08:48 AM
She must really be something if she gave you a reason to live. ;)

I'm still as reckless as ever. :burnout:
Well, her and the recent speeding ticket I got have calmed me down! haha

She has stuck by me through a couple difficult times (deaths / layoff etc) and she is sticking by me now as well through my stresses and money issues. Hearing her say that she wants to work on cars and learn more about cars was the icing on the cake!

Haggis
09-14-2010, 08:50 AM

She has stuck by me through a couple difficult times (deaths / layoff etc) and she is sticking by me now as well through my stresses and money issues. Hearing her say that she wants to work on cars and learn more about cars was the icing on the cake!

She is a keeper then, just like my wife.

Egon Spengler
09-14-2010, 08:51 AM
I suppose any girl that would put up with out s*** is worth keeping right? haha

Motorhead350
09-14-2010, 08:53 AM

HA you know what she's doing? She is letting something new in her life to forget about the recent hard times. I am not saying she didn't like cars, but maybe you got her a little more interested than once before. Unless you are saying you had the deaths and money issues. I have the money issues and my GF has the deaths, she's always happy to help.

Maybe I'll ask her if she wants to change the oil next time. :) I'm sure she would, but I would really have to jack the car high so her chest clears. :eek:

CBT
09-14-2010, 08:54 AM

It sounds like she makes you very happy, but if she ever tries to put those goofy fake Buick portholes on your car or motorcycle, just walk away bro. Walk away.

Motorhead350
09-14-2010, 08:55 AM

You know you have a keeper when you can cry on your girlfriends shoulder. :bigcry:

MMarauder03
09-14-2010, 09:08 AM
You know you have a keeper when you can cry on your girlfriends shoulder. :bigcry:

She's supposed to cry on yours bro. But who am I to judge?? Lol :P

Motorhead350
09-14-2010, 09:12 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5v2ckhvUho

Haggis
09-14-2010, 09:29 AM

Aint that the truth.

dakslim
09-14-2010, 09:31 AM

You definitly lucked out, Haggis!;)

Haggis
09-14-2010, 09:47 AM
You definitly lucked out, Haggis!;)

So did you. I surprised Rita puts up with all your whinning.

dakslim
09-14-2010, 10:09 AM
So did you. I surprised Rita puts up with all your whinning.

Ah, she's used to by now I suppose.:P

Egon Spengler
09-14-2010, 10:27 AM
No, you cry on each other's shoulders. We all have to deal with stuff in life and some of it is tough and can use the help of others to get through it!

PonyUP
09-14-2010, 11:32 AM
No, you cry on each other's shoulders. We all have to deal with stuff in life and some of it is tough and can use the help of others to get through it!

you guys can cry on shoulders all you want. When I cry, I pick a more fun area to cry in. When she cries, it's usually because of my performance

WPG_Merc
09-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Here is a pic of my two ladies,Though the GF is not into the Car stuff that I like but maybe in time,But they both keep me very busy after work.:)

burtreynolds
09-15-2010, 05:41 AM
Man, I wish my girl was like that. She will come to MY house and throw the keys at me...angry about something I have not even done yet and tell me "Dad says it needs this this this" And it always ends up being something else. Of course god forbid I get any oil or grease on the interior, When that happens...Godzilla comes to town.

CBT
09-15-2010, 06:00 AM
Man, I wish my girl was like that. She will come to MY house and throw the keys at me...angry about something I have not even done yet and tell me "Dad says it needs this this this" And it always ends up being something else. Of course god forbid I get any oil or grease on the interior, When that happens...Godzilla comes to town.

Yeah that would happen once to me.

Egon Spengler
09-15-2010, 06:12 AM
Yeah that would happen once to me.
Had an ex girlfriend like that even after we broke up. You live and learn. That would happen to me ONCE as well. If you ask politely, I will help. If you expect me to do it without a please or thank you, I smack you in the face and say "LISTEN HERE WOMAN!!!!"

CBT
09-15-2010, 06:17 AM
Had an ex girlfriend like that even after we broke up. You live and learn. That would happen to me ONCE as well. If you ask politely, I will help. If you expect me to do it without a please or thank you, I smack you in the face and say "LISTEN HERE WOMAN!!!!"

LMAO :lol:

CBT
09-15-2010, 06:21 AM
I'd be all like "Go change your own damn oil in your ugly green Challenger, then make me a sammich!"

Blackened300a
09-15-2010, 06:26 AM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/blackened300a/a43bfc7d-1.jpg

I guess Im lucky as well. She not only changed the oil, but washed the car then cooked dinner when we got home.

RoyLPita
09-15-2010, 06:28 AM
Dead or in jail.

There are tons of these around here and the plague is growing.

RoyLPita
09-15-2010, 06:32 AM

After my experiences with trying, This is the way to go. However, the last one who sought me out decided to let me go 3 days before Christmas because of her low self esteem.

Egon Spengler
09-15-2010, 06:36 AM

I guess Im lucky as well. She not only changed the oil, but washed the car then cooked dinner when we got home.
LOL! The one downfall about my girl is that she doesn't cook. :(

RoyLPita
09-15-2010, 06:47 AM
LOL! The one downfall about my girl is that she doesn't cook. :(

See if she can grill something. If she sets it ablaze, forget about her cooking anything in the house. :jk:

Egon Spengler
09-15-2010, 06:50 AM
See if she can grill something. If she sets it ablaze, forget about her cooking anything in the house. :jk:
Well with me being a fireman and enjoying putting out fires, it will give me something exciting to do if she does cook inside! haha

RoyLPita
09-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Well with me being a fireman and enjoying putting out fires, it will give me something exciting to do if she does cook inside! haha

This means you'll have to keep your gear and a pumper, too. You might have to buy a retired Fire Engine at this rate.

Egon Spengler
09-15-2010, 08:09 AM
I appreciate everyone's help on this pressing issue. I have about 10 years of incredible credit and would like to find a way to NOT jeopardize that. I really am stuck here and it is stressing me out to the nines! I haven't had a zit on my face in quite some time and the night after my buddy told me I have to beat feet, I had three zits on my face in the morning! I was thinking about finding a studio or an in law. I am hardly ever home except to sleep, so all I really need is a bathroom and a bed! haha

CBT
09-15-2010, 08:30 AM
I appreciate everyone's help on this pressing issue. I have about 10 years of incredible credit and would like to find a way to NOT jeopardize that. I really am stuck here and it is stressing me out to the nines! I haven't had a zit on my face in quite some time and the night after my buddy told me I have to beat feet, I had three zits on my face in the morning! I was thinking about finding a studio or an in law. I am hardly ever home except to sleep, so all I really need is a bathroom and a bed! haha

You posted this in the wrong thread, homie, lol. Hey, move down here, I'll take you in.

Egon Spengler
09-15-2010, 08:31 AM
You posted this in the wrong thread, homie, lol. Hey, move down here, I'll take you in.
I realized this! What an idiot I am. You can obviously see how flustered this issue is making me.

Marauderman
09-15-2010, 09:06 AM

Holy Cow! tell me that lift is not in /at your house?..............everyone wants one of those!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW-where is that lift ?

Blackened300a
09-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Holy Cow! tell me that lift is not in /at your house?..............everyone wants one of those!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW-where is that lift ?

In my shop. We have a pit for the trucks and a car lift for our side projects. It comes in handy! Plus I get a few side job money for the quick repairs.