PDA

View Full Version : Recession

B.C. Bake
09-20-2010, 01:27 PM
The Recession is over "My A$$" Were do they get these focus groups......MARS....:shake:

thathotrodlincn
09-20-2010, 01:42 PM
The Recession is over "My A$$" Were do they get these focus groups......MARS....:shake:

Same flat rock they turned over to find people to vote for "change".

Pops
09-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Still one going on in Michigan. No jobs no money!!!!!!!!!!!!

SC Cheesehead
09-20-2010, 05:21 PM
Well, look at it this way, if we were still in a recession who knows what the current 9.5% unemployment figure would be...:rolleyes:

C.Y.C.B.I. :shake:

CBT
09-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Well, look at it this way, if we were still in a recession who knows what the current 9.5% unemployment figure would be...:rolleyes:

C.Y.C.B.I. :shake:
.....over 9000!....

SpartaPerformance
09-20-2010, 06:48 PM
We can vote to change the "change" this November so get out and vote.

CBT
09-20-2010, 06:50 PM
I'm Republican, but I'm all for kicking everyone on BOTH sides out! :mad2:
Get some people in office who have NO special interests and don't owe anyone ANY favors!!

LIGHTNIN1
09-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Who put out that rumor that we were in a recession and there was high unemployment? I'm sure it was all your imagination.

boatmangc
09-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Get some people in office who have NO special interests and don't owe anyone ANY favors!!
AMEN! Everybody out!
Unfortunately the few good lawmakers have to go too. It is the only way to get our hands around the throats of the lobby groups that are really running things.

Spectragod
09-20-2010, 07:11 PM
It's official, the recession is over. Where's my "change"?

More B.S. from the empty suits in Washington.

This November, vote all incumbants out, start fresh, it cannot be any worse than what we have now.

FordNut
09-20-2010, 07:11 PM
I loved the Town Hall meeting that Obama was at today, the lady said:

"Quite frankly, I'm exhausted. I'm exhausted of defending you, defending your administration, defending the mantle of change that I voted for, and deeply disappointed with where we are right now. I have been told that I voted for a man who said he was going to change things in a meaningful way for the middle class. I'm one of those people. And I'm waiting, sir. I'm waiting. I -- I don't feel it yet ... Is this my new reality?"

The arrogant SOB laughed.

sailsmen
09-20-2010, 07:41 PM
I really missed that show "Life Styles of the Rich and Famous".
I am so gald it is back and this time with out the commercials!

SpartaPerformance
09-20-2010, 08:46 PM

They all have to go and that's why there so many Tea Party backed GOP surprises during the last set of primaries! The Establishment must go!

BurpyTurtle
09-20-2010, 08:54 PM
I loved the Town Hall meeting that Obama was at today, the lady said:

"Quite frankly, I'm exhausted. I'm exhausted of defending you, defending your administration, defending the mantle of change that I voted for, and deeply disappointed with where we are right now. I have been told that I voted for a man who said he was going to change things in a meaningful way for the middle class. I'm one of those people. And I'm waiting, sir. I'm waiting. I -- I don't feel it yet ... Is this my new reality?"

The arrogant SOB laughed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/21/us/politics/21obama.html (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/21/us/politics/21obama.html)

Always fun to watch spin control.

And it wasn't even flight school.

Motorhead350
09-20-2010, 11:44 PM
Focus group? Where do I sign up and get the $150+ in a days time?

Vortex
09-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Yeah, we need Sarah Palin for Commander in Chief, that will really help things. Seriously, we were in such a big hole its taking alot longer to get out than expected. Also, employment is always the last thing to get going in any recovery. I have no problems with shaking up our elected officials and "job for life" representation is a bad idea. To make Washington work, to get legislation passed, you need smart representatives that know how to cut a deal. "True believers", those that repeat slogans and the same ole same ole do not get things done. Im a Democrat that voted for Reagan twice, even though I didnt like his economics, because he knew how to lead his party in cutting deals. Bob Dole was that type of leader. Those type are gone now, replaced by true believers on both ends of the spectrum. Id trade Feinstien and Boxer and Cornyn and Corker for a few Bob Doles right now.

FordNut
09-23-2010, 08:29 AM
Yeah, we need Sarah Palin for Commander in Chief, that will really help things..

Couldn't be worse than what we have now...
Lots of people try to compare a tradeoff of Palin vs Obama, but that wasn't the ticket was it? I'd say we would be better off with McCain than Obama, and I'd a lot rather have Palin in line for succession than Biden.

Pops
09-23-2010, 08:30 AM
Warren Buffet just said it is not over! He seems to think the way they look at it is wrong!

FordNut
09-23-2010, 08:40 AM
Warren Buffet just said it is not over! He seems to think the way they look at it is wrong!

I'd tend to believe him over the government.

And the government's unemployment numbers are off too.

As well as the "cost savings" for moving the student loan program into the government's hands (they didn't include the costs of hiring all the people to administer the program or their retirement benefits as government employees).

PonyUP
09-23-2010, 09:26 AM
As a Democrat, I am extremely disappointed with the way my party has acted and portrayed themselves. I see Republicans saying the same things we were saying when Bush was President ("It couldn't be any worse") But then what happens, turns out it actually could be worse. Obama has been a failure, like every recent President Before him
Kennedy-Too soft, not focused on anything except punani
Johnson-Fought the Vietnam war with rules, dishonoring our troops that were there to win
Nixon-Watergate
Ford-Nixon
Carter-Hostage Crisis
Reagan-Reganomics and Star Wars (W. also spent obscene monies on this and the stupid thing still doesn't work, nor is it needed. Spend money preventing the damn terrorist with the suitcase nuke)
Bush I-Didn't polish off Hussein
Clinton-Lewinski (Though I still don't care if he got a BJ, at least he had a balanced budget)
Bush-Invaded Iraq to clean up Daddy's Mess, Katrina
Obama-Obama Care and the oil spill in the Gulf

That having been said, I also don't want either extreme in power. I want additional parties (as I do share many believes with my Republican friends as well), but the Tea Party scares the hell out of me. With the Tea Party in control, I can see a religious agenda getting shoved down my throat
Limiting Stem Cell Research
Censorship
Government spending on Religious faith (Remember faith based financing?)
Roe v Wade getting overturned

There is nothing wrong with being conservative, and nothing wrong with being a liberal

I am scared of the Ultra Conservative and the Uber-Liberal

Crown Vicman
09-23-2010, 09:41 AM
I tried to vote for the other guy but was dam near forced into voting for obama.