PDA

View Full Version : freight company?

ImpalaSlayer
09-21-2010, 01:11 PM
i have some interest in my cobra SB from some people out of reasonable driving distance. who do you guys prefer to ship larger items like this?

thanks

Dave

dohc324ci
09-21-2010, 01:30 PM
R&L Carriers; call them though you will receive better pricing. I shipped my trans from Norcal to North Carolina for $150 insured and guaranteed delivery.

ImpalaSlayer
09-21-2010, 01:31 PM
R&L Carriers; call them though you will receive better pricing. I shipped my trans from Norcal to North Carolina for $150 insured and guaranteed delivery.

wow thats not bad at all. the sb is roughly the same size and weight. and it would be going from de to nc. thanks Brian, ill check them out

ImpalaSlayer
09-21-2010, 01:44 PM
right on Brian, just called, they gave me a quote of 158 bucks! thats unbelievably cheap

Zack
09-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Go find a UPS freight store, they are becoming more popular.
You can drop it off packed, or they will do it for you.

martyo
09-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Try Saia too.

BLACKMARAUDER04
09-21-2010, 05:26 PM
You can check Fed Ex Freight also.

Darrin
09-22-2010, 06:32 AM
On R&L, Dennis sent me a transmission and they lost it. I know that he sent it and it never arrived. I called them and they wouldn't talk to me because I wasn't the shipper. Didn't matter that I was the consignee at all to them. I just got a long pause, a hold on and then they told me that they could only release info on this one to the shipper. The thing is still MIA to this day.

SAIA hit me up for a redeilvery fee on something that the driver never even tried to deliver. If I hadn't have been watching the shipment and called them to complain about the driver never showing up and hadn't have had at least one other person vouch for the fact that there was someone there all say then I would have paid almost double for the shipment.

Then there is DB Schenker... Let's not even get me started on them.

I use YRL almost exclusively now. I may pay a little more, but the stuff gets there and the hassles are minimal. Even with them though you really have to watch them. They tried to almost double the weight on a few of my shipments.

In the end I haven't been hassle free with any of them. YRL just takes care of my shipments better than any of them so far with the least amount of trouble on either end.

Darrin

Gee
09-25-2010, 07:07 AM
Forward Air Freight has worked for a few times with engines & trannies,but you must drop off & pickup to their nearest terminal.