PDA

View Full Version : E-mail from Ford

dakslim
09-25-2010, 07:28 AM
This is in response to the e-mail I sent to Ford in regards to shutting down the Mercury division:

"Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding the discontinuation of the Mercury brand line.
We appreciate the time you have taken to contact us regarding your concerns over the recent announcement made by Ford Motor Company to discontinue the Mercury brand. This decision, while a difficult one, is in the interest of maintaining a strong global position in the auto industry with a focus on customer safety, satisfaction, and meeting customer needs. The production of Mercury branded vehicles will be phased out by the end of this year. We appreciate our Mercury owners and stand ready to continue to serve them by honoring their warranties and providing parts and service support through our network of over 3500 Ford and Lincoln dealers nationwide. Mercury customers can expect a letter from Ford Motor Company to assure them that they can continue to receive warranty and other service at their Ford or Lincoln dealer."

Sincerely,
Dawn
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company

SC Cheesehead
09-25-2010, 07:47 AM
This is in response to the e-mail I sent to Ford in regards to shutting down the Mercury division:

"Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding the discontinuation of the Mercury brand line.
We appreciate the time you have taken to contact us regarding your concerns over the recent announcement made by Ford Motor Company to discontinue the Mercury brand. This decision, while a difficult one, is in the interest of maintaining a strong global position in the auto industry with a focus on customer safety, satisfaction, and meeting customer needs. The production of Mercury branded vehicles will be phased out by the end of this year. We appreciate our Mercury owners and stand ready to continue to serve them by honoring their warranties and providing parts and service support through our network of over 3500 Ford and Lincoln dealers nationwide. Mercury customers can expect a letter from Ford Motor Company to assure them that they can continue to receive warranty and other service at their Ford or Lincoln dealer."

Sincerely,
Dawn
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company

Translation:

"Go pound sand, bubba"...

fastblackmerc
09-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Translation:

"Go pound sand, bubba"...

In other words....

Thanks, but tough *****.

SC Cheesehead
09-25-2010, 08:42 AM
In other words....

Thanks, but tough *****.

Put another way:

"Don't call us, we'll call you."

CBT
09-25-2010, 08:47 AM
"I fart in your general direction!"

Bigdogjim
09-25-2010, 09:35 AM
You know I am kinda glad they (Ford) shut Mercury down. Back in the day ('60-70) Mercury's were not Ford clone's. Remember my Dad sold L&M for over 40 years:)

If your just going change the front & back of a car and call it something else then it made sense to pull the plug!

It is for the best:)

LIGHTNIN1
09-25-2010, 09:44 AM
Its that kind of BS attitude to why they weren't selling more. Their engineers didn't have to do anything for a long time.

boatmangc
09-25-2010, 11:01 AM
My 67 Caliente' was pretty much a Fairlane with a different front and rear.....

It did have a big block though :burnout:

illwood
09-25-2010, 12:20 PM
"I fart in your general direction!"

Your comments are usually pretty hilarious, but I love the "Holy Grail" quote. :D