PDA

View Full Version : Nice theft catch!

RacerX
09-27-2010, 02:55 PM
We just caught a thief on video! Very clear video of every move the guy made! Why anyone would even try it in this day and age, I just don't know. :shake: We're a freaking computer store! Like we're not going to have the best surveillance around??? :D Hell, we sell full audio/video/night vision/thermal vision, etc. systems! I like the IP cameras I set up. You can go on vaca and log in from anywhere, access recorded video, watch real time, zoom in, out, pan... :D Toilet cam... J/K!!!

MMarauder03
09-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Some people just don't get it! Lol

Spectragod
09-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Thermal imaging toilet cam, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

CBT
09-27-2010, 05:09 PM
Thermal imaging toilet cam, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I think the cam would have a brown out.

Spectragod
09-27-2010, 05:11 PM
I think the cam would have a brown out.

That IS what she said.

CBT
09-27-2010, 05:13 PM
That IS what she said.
lol, almost made me spit out my bud light golden wheat

Phrog_gunner
09-27-2010, 05:23 PM
lol, almost made me spit out my smirnoff ice

At least you aren't drinking chick beer.

Spectragod
09-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Such a played out phrase, but I felt it needed to be there.

CBT
09-27-2010, 05:24 PM
At least you aren't drinking chick beer.
you can't ice via posting in a thread!

Phrog_gunner
09-27-2010, 05:30 PM
you can't ice via posting in a thread!

habla ingles?

CBT
09-27-2010, 05:32 PM
habla ingles?
No me gusta espaniol.

RacerX
09-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Ah yes! The ole "Thread right down the toilet" routine! :D Love it!
So today the owner brought some key avi video files to the police dept. on a pen drive. Their crime dept. couldn't view them even with my instructions on installing a cctv codec needed to view the files. :shake: NCIS they're not... :D Good people though! So I just converted them to vob and burnt dvds then used an avi splitter/frame exporter so we could print up some big ole pics from jpg. Foolproof now! KISS, keep it simple stupid! Now they're searching for the bastid! Muahahaha!!!! Keep looking over your shoulder buddy! :burnout:

dakslim
09-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Ah yes! The ole "Thread right down the toilet" routine! :D Love it!
So today the owner brought some key avi video files to the police dept. on a pen drive. Their crime dept. couldn't view them even with my instructions on installing a cctv codec needed to view the files. :shake: NCIS they're not... :D Good people though! So I just converted them to vob and burnt dvds then used an avi splitter/frame exporter so we could print up some big ole pics from jpg. Foolproof now! KISS, keep it simple stupid! Now they're searching for the bastid! Muahahaha!!!! Keep looking over your shoulder buddy! :burnout:

Would someone please explain to me what RacerX just typed here???????:confused::eek:

Egon Spengler
09-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Would someone please explain to me what RacerX just typed here???????:confused::eek:
What's the matter old man? Didn't understand it???

I didn't either... :P

CBT
09-28-2010, 10:58 AM

Said he took a picture.

RacerX
09-28-2010, 11:06 AM
My bad! :D All recorded video can be "compacted/compressed/formatted" in a different way by many programs and recording devices. As a viewer of any video, most don't know what's going on underneath it all. A codec is a piece of software tha tells the player/editor program how to use that file. It's a translator. Not everyone has all translators for all files. Go to a website and it says "To view this, you must install Adobe Flash". Same principal. The police didn't know how to use my translator. I made it easier by converting the original files to a more common file, a DVD file "VOB". I also took frames (videos are just still frames that move faster than the brain can pick up) and translated those to a file structure that is a common picture (exported to JPEG) and printed them for the police...;)

dakslim
09-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Ah, so! NOW I understand...a little anyway.:P

Egon Spengler
09-28-2010, 11:17 AM
My bad! :D All recorded video can be "compacted/compressed/formatted" in a different way by many programs and recording devices. As a viewer of any video, most don't know what's going on underneath it all. A codec is a piece of software tha tells the player/editor program how to use that file. It's a translator. Not everyone has all translators for all files. Go to a website and it says "To view this, you must install Adobe Flash". Same principal. The police didn't know how to use my translator. I made it easier by converting the original files to a more common file, a DVD file "VOB". I also took frames (videos are just still frames that move faster than the brain can pick up) and translated those to a file structure that is a common picture (exported to JPEG) and printed them for the police...;)
YAAAAAAAAY!!!!
http://www.made2mentor.com/Images/special_ed.jpg

Loco1234
09-28-2010, 01:29 PM
I got it all the 1st time... LOL
YAY!!!

dakslim
09-28-2010, 02:56 PM
I got it all the 1st time... LOL
YAY!!!

Geek!!!!!!!!!:P