PDA

View Full Version : Black Marauder on TV Show "CHASE" Now

computertech
09-27-2010, 07:46 PM
The show is on tv right now on channel 4 NBC.................. Here we go a little Marauder popularity !!!:burnout:

btvollmuth
09-27-2010, 07:48 PM
I'm watching right now! We thought it was gonna pop up in Hawaii Five-O, but here it is instead. It looks modded. I really hope they don't trash it.

btvollmuth
09-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Oh god, the wheels are terrible...

computertech
09-27-2010, 07:51 PM
This is awesome for us all ! finally people will know what we have all been loving !:burnout::burnout:

computertech
09-27-2010, 07:51 PM

No !!!!:mad2: I hate aftermarket wheels on the MM

Darrin
09-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Being that that Marauder is modified, I wonder who it belongs to. Anybody here know anything about it?

Darin

Darrin
09-27-2010, 07:53 PM

Agreed.

Darrin

btvollmuth
09-27-2010, 07:55 PM
Oh nice....... They switched to a gmq for the chases. At least they're saving the marauder.

computertech
09-27-2010, 07:56 PM
BADGELESS GRILL !!!:burnout:ZACK ??

Black_Kannin
09-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Unmarked and she looks so pretty!!

ctrlraven
09-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Damn beat it me to posting about it. A friend just sent me a text saying he saw it. Looks like a Zack grill with GM clear corners and headlights used as the stunt car and inside shots and cruising/still shots are a Marauder with blacked out emblems.

btvollmuth
09-27-2010, 07:58 PM
I know, that was the gmq though. A 98 - 02. The emblems on the marauder are there, but they're black.

computertech
09-27-2010, 07:59 PM
My wife was freaking as i grabbed the laptop, I could`nt wait to post !
This is a good day/night for all of us,I hope they go ^^^^^

:burnout::burnout:

btvollmuth
09-27-2010, 08:04 PM
I know. Finally an appearance. So an 03 Marauder (i didn't see seat heaters), as the star vehicle. And a late model gmq for a stunt car, thank god. Both look great, except for the wheels.

a_d_a_m
09-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Anyone got screencaps or a video? :D

dohc324ci
09-27-2010, 10:48 PM
Sweet! NBC is posting full episodes at www.NBC.com/chase. I think they will post tonights episode soon; last weeks is available.

Doohicky
09-27-2010, 11:04 PM
I noticed it had the clock in dash.

EMAS
09-27-2010, 11:35 PM
I liked how at the end of the show when they were all discussing what they would do if they found that much money and the one guy says "I'd try and get that car back, I made that 'Raud look hot.

The aftermarket wheels don't surprise me, It wouldn't surprise me that the bought 2 sets so the GM and MM looked closer to each other. Quicker, simpler and cheaper than tracking down a set of MM wheels.

BurpyTurtle
09-27-2010, 11:48 PM
If they'd asked real nice and given me a lot of money I'd have sold them a set.

LordVader
09-28-2010, 05:05 AM
Clean ride (really bad rims), with a nice shot of the rear end at the end of the show with the pipes and Marauder bumper showing nice and clear.

SID210SA
09-28-2010, 06:20 AM
For those of you who just want to skip straight to the Marauder part....go to 28:52 into the show. The episode is called Repo.

illwood
09-28-2010, 06:26 AM
For those of you who just want to skip straight to the Marauder part....go to 28:52 into the show. The episode is called Repo.

http://www.nbc.com/chase/video/repo/1251549/

For ease of access.

SID210SA
09-28-2010, 07:11 AM
I liked how at the end of the show when they were all discussing what they would do if they found that much money and the one guy says "I'd try and get that car back, I made that 'Raud look hot.

The aftermarket wheels don't surprise me, It wouldn't surprise me that the bought 2 sets so the GM and MM looked closer to each other. Quicker, simpler and cheaper than tracking down a set of MM wheels.

He actually said I made that ride look hot....he was talking about the subaru that said boo man on the hood...thats why they asked him "what about you boo man?" I had to replay it a couple of times cause I heard the same thing you did the first time but it didnt make any sense to me...since he wasnt the one driving the Marauder.

Note: I dont think they did a very good job of picking a stunt double for the Marauder.....you could tell it was drastically different.

Another note: Might be a one hit wonder for the Marauder on this show....seemed as though they were just using them for their trip to Vegas to catch the bad guy....I hope not....

captJ696
09-28-2010, 08:23 AM
Marauder on prime time tv and man it looked great.
Marauder was clean and nice camera angles. On one scene, they covered the door panel with a gray tarp or cloth, maybe because the gmq had different interior panel. ,

Donald
09-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Chase, NBC Monday. I am pretty sure it was a Marauder. Interior looked correct and there was something impressed in the back bumper. Only thing was the wheels did not look right.

And they used it to bump another vehicle off the road. Ouch!

DeadVic
09-28-2010, 08:28 PM
I saw it and it was also on the previews before the show premiered a week ago. Unfortunately I don't think it will be in other episodes as it was "a loner" in this episode. it had wrong rims and during the chase they kept switching between the MM and a GM with a black painted grill. i even had the wife freeze framing it trying to make sure...

TFB
09-28-2010, 08:31 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66225

There is a link to the show on the second page, you can watch it again...

CBT
09-29-2010, 05:45 AM
When they were in the Marauder for interior shots, the rearview mirror was removed and there was not a pull handle strap for the passenger door. Neat to see a Marauder on T.V., but that is the dumbest show I have ever seen. Was it supposed to be a cross between No Country For Old Men, Walker Texas Ranger, and the A-Team after they ran out of good ideas? I've seen better film making at Marauder meets. And with better driving!

dwrwebb
09-29-2010, 06:29 AM
I figured I couldn't be the only one that saw that...I don't really know why, but I was excited too. And yeah, those wheels were damn ugly...on any car, really, but especially a Marauder. I noticed too that they used a "stunt car." They swiped that truck and wouuld have at least scratched the fender, probably messed it all up, but then after the chase scene you see it sitting there all pretty and black. Should have had tinted windows though. Also, I did notice the blacked out emblems too. At first I assumed it was a badgeless "Zack" grille as well. I figured by now someone would have figured out who owns it...perhaps someone on here??? Of course, if that were the case, we probably would have heard about it before the show aired...

dwrwebb
09-29-2010, 07:17 AM
When they were in the Marauder for interior shots, the rearview mirror was removed and there was not a pull handle strap for the passenger door. Neat to see a Marauder on T.V., but that is the dumbest show I have ever seen. Was it supposed to be a cross between No Country For Old Men, Walker Texas Ranger, and the A-Team after they ran out of good ideas? I've seen better film making at Marauder meets. And with better driving!

It was indeed a HORRIBLE show...

dwrwebb
09-29-2010, 07:22 AM
Another note: Might be a one hit wonder for the Marauder on this show....seemed as though they were just using them for their trip to Vegas to catch the bad guy....I hope not....

yeah...it was a one time thing...unless maybe they go to vegas again...All three cars were from the local motorpool...

dakslim
09-29-2010, 07:26 AM

Have to agree...it was pretty lame.:P Do they not have APB's or BOLO's in Texas? El Lobo seemed to be able to get around with no problems and he was, how shall I put it, quite distinctive!:eek:

Seeing the Marauder on TV was a hoot though.:beer:

Lou
09-30-2010, 06:53 AM
Did anyone catch the new show, Chase, this week?

They had a black MM driven by the heroes in a chase. Not bad except I cringed when the good guys rammed the bad guy. Ouch.

PonyUP
09-30-2010, 08:18 AM
I jsut saw this as I ahd the show on Tivo while I was out of town. The local bar I go to (And everyone knows the Marauder) some of the regulars were telling me my car is famous because they saw it on the show. Then this young 21yo waitress said, I thought it was a Crown Vic. Before I could correct a patron said,
No, no, no, that wasn't no Crown Vic, it was that (pointing to my car) and it hauls a lot more arse.
It was cool seeing it on the show, though someone posted a thread about this a couple fo days ago. :beer:

xopher
09-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Video online: http://www.nbc.com/chase/video/repo/1251549/

I think the first appearance is at about 28 minutes, then on and off throughout the rest of the episode. Car chase starts just before 38 minutes. Thought it had a grill badge delete, but they just taped over it. Don't like the aftermarket wheels. During the chase itself looks like they bring in a Grand Marquis on and off, based on ride height, suspension, taillights, and grill.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh118/xopherwhite/marauder%20general/chase-marauder-3758.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh118/xopherwhite/marauder%20general/chase-marauder-3756.jpg

Anyways, cool to see. Hope it sticks around on the show.

Zim Hosein
09-30-2010, 06:54 PM
Did anyone catch the new show, Chase, this week?

They had a black MM driven by the heroes in a chase. Not bad except I cringed when the good guys rammed the bad guy. Ouch.

I recently watched the episode and as xopher pointed out, it looks like they switched back and forth between a Marauder & C/V. Also, when "Boots" and her partner are filmed inside the vehicle, I noticed that there wasn't a "God's Head" logo on the headrests, anyone else catch that?

Zim Hosein
09-30-2010, 07:19 PM
They swiped that truck and wouuld have at least scratched the fender, probably messed it all up, but then after the chase scene you see it sitting there all pretty and black.

That's something I termed, "Knight Rider Syndrome" when i was a kid. KITT would go through all types of h*ll and would always look fresh off the showroom floor after any type of incident.

Crown Vicman
09-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Nice to see the hot raud on tv but that looked really sloppy switching cars like that. All they had to do was get a newer model black grand marquis. That show is pretty cheap lol

TFB
09-30-2010, 08:55 PM
That show is pretty cheap lol

The money was spent on the writers... ;)

Motorhead350
09-30-2010, 10:43 PM
I actually liked the episode and was rooting for the bad guy the whole time.

It's not a Zack grille, it's a grille with a painted badge. Yes they switch cars back and forth.

The reason for the wheels is they probably couldn't get Marauder ones on an 15 year old GM, but that's just my assumption. As long as the painted the grille they could have at least painted out the trunk lights on the GM for the stunts.

Lou
10-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Did anyone see last week's new program Chase? There was a chase scene where the good guys were driving a black MM.

It looked good except when he rammed the bad guy's truck with it. Ouch!

DEFYANT
10-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Got video?