PDA

View Full Version : Moving day.

Egon Spengler
09-29-2010, 06:31 AM
Well this Saturday I will be taking the next big step in my life. I will be moving out completely on my own. I lived with my parents until I was 25 due to a job I had out of college that had me traveling quite a bit, so I didn't see the point of getting a place and never being able to use it. I quite that job and a friend of mine had a two bedroom house and asked if I wanted to pay him rent and take one of the rooms. I accepted and stayed with him for 2-1/2 years and now it is time to move on. This weekend I will be moving in to my own place apartment. A friend of mine's parents have an apartment attached to their house and my friend was living there with his fiance until about a month ago. I found this place to be the perfect opportunity to spread my wings and have a place I can call my own. I met with his parents (who are like my second set of parents) and we came to an agreement. The rent includes everything and is a fair price. They aren't charging me first/last or security and are giving me my first month for free so I can furnish the place! I had no furniture and am slowly getting everything I need in place. The two great parts are that where I will be staying is a 1/4 mile away from the fire station, so I can make it to calls very quickly! Also, I think I can keep my motorcycle! With my close location to the fire station, I can make that many more calls and pick up some extra shifts at the FD to help make the payments! I am very excited about this and thought I would share with my marauder family!

(Putting on big boy pants)

MM03MOK
09-29-2010, 06:33 AM
Nice, Tom! :up:

CBT
09-29-2010, 06:34 AM
Well well, things appear to be looking up! But you should still take all that good advice and use it.

Haggis
09-29-2010, 06:38 AM
Look Mommy, wow I'a a big boy now! (Putting on big boy pants)

PonyUP
09-29-2010, 06:38 AM
Best of Luck Tom

Phrog_gunner
09-29-2010, 06:52 AM

That's another good way to save money, those huggies pull ups are EXPENSIVE.

Motorhead350
09-29-2010, 06:56 AM
Something similar is happening to me. I am living in a building that my dad used to own. I never paid rent. Now it has a new landlord and they want me out. I am saddened because my dad had this place sense the day I was born, now I'm being kicked out of it. Things are going to get real rough.

Egon Spengler
09-29-2010, 07:30 AM
Thanks guys! I am excited about the move. Technically I was out on my own living with my buddy, but that was a shared environment. This place will be all mine and I can do whatever I want with it! I can't wait! Will be nice to come home to a nice and peaceful environment that is all mine.

dakslim
09-29-2010, 07:37 AM
Left leg goes in the left pant leg, right leg...well, hopefully you can figure it out with a little time! To make a little more money you could be on one of those Firefighter calendars. Just don't be a winter month or no one will be able to see................Casey made me say this!

Egon Spengler
09-29-2010, 07:46 AM
Left leg goes in the left pant leg, right leg...well, hopefully you can figure it out with a little time! To make a little more money you could be on one of those Firefighter calendars. Just don't be a winter month or no one will be able to see................Casey made me say this!
LOL! No calendar would want me! I am 6'-0" and weigh 220 lbs. Not much of that is muscle (except where it counts). I wear it well though!

CBT
09-29-2010, 08:20 AM
I wear it well though!

That's what she said!
Is your landlord lady hot? Maybe you can do stuff around the house and get some of the rent knocked off.

RoyLPita
09-29-2010, 08:27 AM
Congrats on getting your own place. Enjoy!!!!

Egon Spengler
09-29-2010, 08:28 AM
That's what she said!
Is your landlord lady hot? Maybe you can do stuff around the house and get some of the rent knocked off.
It is my friend's mom and dad. They are like my mom and dad! haha. I have known them for like 15 years. I have offered to help with snowblowing and mowing the lawn and any household maintenance. I told pops to come knocking if he ever needs a hand with anything. I kind of approached them about moving in and they didn't have the place ready for me, so I said I would help and they said don't worry about it. I felt bad and also wanted to thank them for the month free by providing them with my help preparing the place. Great people!

CBT
09-29-2010, 08:30 AM
It is my friend's mom and dad. They are like my mom and dad! haha. I have known them for like 15 years. I have offered to help with snowblowing and mowing the lawn and any household maintenance. I told pops to come knocking if he ever needs a hand with anything. I kind of approached them about moving in and they didn't have the place ready for me, so I said I would help and they said don't worry about it. I felt bad and also wanted to thank them for the month free by providing them with my help preparing the place. Great people!
Nevermind, I see the problem.

Phrog_gunner
That's what she said!

And then she can say "You really knocked something loose in there, Tiger"

PonyUP
That's what she said!

Yes, kind of like this

6wa2v8707Kw

Phrog_gunner
09-29-2010, 08:51 AM
Yes, kind of like this

Beat ya to it. :P

fastblackmerc
09-29-2010, 08:51 AM
Yes, kind of like this

6wa2v8707Kw

I gonna puke..................

dakslim
09-29-2010, 08:56 AM
I gonna puke..................

Me too!!:P

TFB
09-29-2010, 09:05 AM
That's a HOOT!!! Glad I'd finished my coffee...

Egon Spengler
09-29-2010, 09:08 AM
G-D Highjackings....:shake:

CBT
09-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Highjacking?! Where?!?

dakslim
09-29-2010, 09:14 AM
Highjacking?! Where?!?

You don't know.......

Who is Jack Schitt? The lineage is finally revealed! Many people are at a loss for a response when someone says: "You don't know Jack Schitt."
Now you can intellectually handle the situation:
Jack is the only son of Awe Schitt. Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married O. Schitt, the owner of Needeep N. Schitt.
They had one son, Jack. In turn, Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt. The Deeply religious couple produced six children: Holie Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Giva Schitt, Bull Schitt, and the twins Deap Schitt and Dip Schitt.
Against her parents objection, Deap Schitt married Dumb Schitt, a high school dropout.
After being married for 15 years, Jack and Noe Schitt divorced.
Noe Schitt later remarried Ted Sherlock and, because her kids were still living with them, she wanted to keep her previous name. She was then known as Noe ***** Sherlock.
Meanwhile, Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt and they produced a son of nervous disposition, Chicken Schitt.
Two of the other six children, Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt, were inseparable throughout childhood and subsequently married the Happens brothers in a dual ceremony.
The wedding announcement in the newspaper announced the Schitt-Happens Wedding.
The Schitt-Happens children were Daawg, Byrd, Hoarse and Bull.
Bull Schitt, the prodigal son, left home to tour the world. He recently returned from Italy with his new Italian bride, Pisa Schitt.
So now when someone says "You don't know Jack Schitt", You can correct them!

Phrog_gunner
09-29-2010, 09:46 AM

It's better than muffin top boo-hoo-ing about how he is now going to have to pay for something on his own for the first time in his life.....

RacerX
09-29-2010, 10:03 AM
Something similar is happening to me. I am living in a building that my dad used to own. I never paid rent. Now it has a new landlord and they want me out. I am saddened because my dad had this place sense the day I was born, now I'm being kicked out of it. Things are going to get real rough.
Dibs on your floormatts!

dakslim
09-29-2010, 10:04 AM
LOL! No calendar would want me! I am 6'-0" and weigh 220 lbs. Not much of that is muscle (except where it counts). I wear it well though!

The correct way to weigh yourself:

http://64.4.56.71/att/GetInline.aspx?messageid=b48bd b91-cbe7-11df-bb08-00215ad7b3e2&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&imgsrc=cid%3aB7A5B6EA-88E7-4E73-961E-BF12542672B1%40local&hm__login=dakslim&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.25.150.8&d=d2822&mf=0&hm__ts=Wed%2c%2029%20Sep%20201 0%2017%3a01%3a19%20GMT&st=dakslim&hm__ha=01_bf44cc7fabb75383bd75 ffd64759a17ad2c61469971e3933bb b07b56d1dac5af&oneredir=1

Motorhead350
09-29-2010, 02:14 PM
It's better than muffin top boo-hoo-ing about how he is now going to have to pay for something on his own for the first time in his life.....

Who are you talking about?

kernie
09-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Well this Saturday I will be taking the next big step in my life. I will be moving out completely on my own. I lived with my parents until I was 25 due to a job I had out of college that had me traveling quite a bit, so I didn't see the point of getting a place and never being able to use it. I quite that job and a friend of mine had a two bedroom house and asked if I wanted to pay him rent and take one of the rooms. I accepted and stayed with him for 2-1/2 years and now it is time to move on. This weekend I will be moving in to my own place apartment. A friend of mine's parents have an apartment attached to their house and my friend was living there with his fiance until about a month ago. I found this place to be the perfect opportunity to spread my wings and have a place I can call my own. I met with his parents (who are like my second set of parents) and we came to an agreement. The rent includes everything and is a fair price. They aren't charging me first/last or security and are giving me my first month for free so I can furnish the place! I had no furniture and am slowly getting everything I need in place. The two great parts are that where I will be staying is a 1/4 mile away from the fire station, so I can make it to calls very quickly! Also, I think I can keep my motorcycle! With my close location to the fire station, I can make that many more calls and pick up some extra shifts at the FD to help make the payments! I am very excited about this and thought I would share with my marauder family!

You have the world at your fingertips, 27 years old, a MM and a bike, healthy, a good job, a fine lady and born into a rich, free country.

Never forget how lucky you are!

:beer: