PDA

View Full Version : Gps name?

MMBLUE
10-01-2010, 07:47 AM
After reading one of Bluerauders posts(Jill). It reminded me of of friend of mine who has his GPS named and talks back to it. Now, I don't have one but I was wondering what kind of different names people on MM.net named their GPS. And weather or not you talk to it.

Just a note: At least that woman won't talk back hehehehehe!

MM03MOK
10-01-2010, 07:52 AM
"Navvy" she has a slight English accent. She does all the talking.

Blackened300a
10-01-2010, 07:52 AM
In my Fusion we call the voice the Sync lady. On my Tomtom, Burt Reynolds is the voice that gives the directions.

Blk Mamba
10-01-2010, 07:55 AM
Mine is named "stupid".

Bluerauder
10-01-2010, 08:11 AM
In my Fusion we call the voice the Sync lady. On my Tomtom, Burt Reynolds is the voice that gives the directions.

Man, CBT is gonna have a blast with ^^^^ that one. :P

I call mine "GPS Jill" .... it stems from the voice selection in the Garmin menu. The only time I talk back is when she keeps insisting telling me to "Make a legal U-Turn" or starts to re-route me to a stupid route. I also don't like when she tells me to "Make a Left" or "Make a Right" when it is just a continuation of the same interstate highway. On I-270 north GPS Jill treats every exit/entrance ramp as a turn instead of a "Continue Straight". This appears to be a software defect that has not been fixed.

clintons4
10-01-2010, 08:14 AM
After reading one of Bluerauders posts(Jill). It reminded me of of friend of mine who has his GPS named and talks back to it. Now, I don't have one but I was wondering what kind of different names people on MM.net named their GPS. And weather or not you talk to it.

Thats too funny...my gps on my blackberry gets me lost in downtown Houston. After that my girlfriend and I call her "GPS *****"

SID210SA
10-01-2010, 09:25 AM
My better half calls my GPS my "Sancha" or my secret girlfriend for those of you who dont know what a sancha is. She always seems to be lost too...except when we are lost out of town and I dont know where I am at.

LANDY
10-01-2010, 09:26 AM
I call my garmin marinero, but I keep it on mute It gets annoying.

Paul T. Casey
10-01-2010, 09:33 AM
I've got to get with the times. I'm still doing it this way.

Bubba Hyde
10-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Mrs. Potato Head. :D

(From the Bridgestone SuperBowl ad last year.)

Can't attach the link, but the commercial is on YouTube.

Steve

LordVader
10-01-2010, 09:37 AM
I call mine "Shirley", because "Shirley" you don't mean to take me this way you crazy #$%ch! And she is adamant...route calculation, please turn back, turn back now!

Bluerauder
10-01-2010, 09:40 AM
I call mine "Shirley", because "Shirley" you don't mean to take me this way you crazy #$%ch! And she is adamant...route calculation, please turn back, turn back now!

I get that ^^^^ alot too ...... "Recalculating ... ".

MMBLUE
10-01-2010, 05:10 PM

OMG! That is effin funny. I once borrowed my crazy friends car and out of respect I used the name he uses(samantha) and I must admit. I was YELLING at the BI too :argue:. (me yelling at the top of my lungs) I'M TAKING THE D*** TURN, SIMMER DOWN, DON'T GET YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNCH !

Motorhead350
10-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Maps, directions from people and map quest for me thank you. No GPS.

SC Cheesehead
10-01-2010, 07:02 PM

My Garmin Nuvi's named Sheila. She's got an Australian accent, and gets me were I need to go about 98% of the time.

I do talk to her, especially during those other 2% times.

And she DOES talk back. "Recalculating".... :rolleyes:

PonyUP
10-01-2010, 07:11 PM
I call mine B*tch, as in "what do you mean make a u-turn b*tch"

justbob
10-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Maps, directions from people and map quest for me thank you. No GPS.
Thats because yours broke! LOL

Mine is called Marissa, she has a one track mind, and is allways about the business at hand, but she still turns me on.

PonyUP
10-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Thats because yours broke! LOL

Mine is called Marissa, she has a one track mind, and is allways about the business at hand, but she still turns me on.

Yeah, but a cool breeze turns you on to

BUCKWHEAT
10-02-2010, 04:10 PM
We call our GPS "Hillary" because she always has an opinion and then tells us where to go & what to do.

dakslim
10-02-2010, 08:11 PM
I call mine Myrtle...dunno why,:confused: just seemed to fit. When my friend Rita was here she would repeat everything Myrtle said...:eek: Two of 'em yammerin' at me!

MMBLUE
10-03-2010, 03:57 AM
I call mine Myrtle...dunno why,:confused: just seemed to fit. When my friend Rita was here she would repeat everything Myrtle said...:eek: Two of 'em yammerin' at me!

Two woman in the car at once? You dog you.

Pat
10-03-2010, 04:27 AM
My "Jason" gives me turn directions when in the country when there obviously is no turn and the displayed route does not indicate such. I usually mute the thing.

Still, I use it as primary when I'm driving in unfamiliar territory, like inner city St. Louis. I took a wrong turn, had no map, but it got me back on route.

guspech750
10-03-2010, 06:42 AM
No GPS for me. I use JoePS, my brain.:D

PonyUP
10-04-2010, 05:16 AM
No GPS for me. I use JoePS, my brain.:D

So you must be lost all the time then huh Joe?

HammerDown
04-22-2011, 05:54 PM
We call our GPS "Hillary" because she always has an opinion and then tells us where to go & what to do.

that's a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaijack
04-22-2011, 07:58 PM
I get annoyed by mine and call her *****. I love screaming at her, the wife thinks I am crazyer than I am. Recalculating. She took me into down town (in a GA city) and showed me the slums.

MM03MOK
04-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Navvy! ... I know, not too creative....

PonyUP
04-22-2011, 08:05 PM
I get annoyed by mine and call her *****. I love screaming at her, the wife thinks I am crazyer than I am. Recalculating. She took me into down town (in a GA city) and showed me the slums.

Hence the reason for "Slum avoidal route" on the GPS