PDA

View Full Version : New marauder owner!!!!!!!

defflepp1
10-03-2010, 08:18 PM
ok so last week i became one of the few that can say they own a marauder. its a 03 300A real nice shape 145000 miles and its been my brothers for 2 year 30000 miles. this thing still runs like champ. its the perfect car as far as im conserned its fast, handles good, look amazing and sound perfect i LOVE IT!!!!!!!! however some of the kids as school dont seem to feel the same way esspecially one who keeps trying to say his prelude is faster. so witch do you guys think is faster(i know your biased but still) a 5th gen prelude with intake and exhaust or a marauder with intake and exhaust? i really dont care witch is fast i still my car is AMAZING!!!!!!!! that is all

guspech750
10-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Honda. Meh!! I dont care how much faster a Honda may or may not be. You will always see turdmobiles everywhere of all makes. But how often do you see a Marauder? I will stick with my Marauder no mater how fast or slow it maybe to a particular car. You made a great choice my man.

MercNasty
10-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Dont even worry about whats faster unless he is trying to bet you some money dont even give him the time of day. Im sure there are at least 20 kids at ur school with hondas and i would bet some money that your the only one with a Marauder, so just enjoy it and welcome to the secret society.

gdsqdcr
10-03-2010, 09:01 PM
A Honda is only a Honda. A Marauder is a unique car. IF you HAVE to find out which is faster, go to a track.

Thanks!
Anthony

Jeronimojc
10-03-2010, 09:59 PM
You are only 17 and already own a Marauder? What a STUD!!! Congratulations and welcome to this great community. Take good care of the car and make us proud!

I would say a stock Marauder in good condition can do a 1/4 of a mile in the 15-second range. Some stock Marauders can do a 1/4 of a mile in the high 14-second range with optimal weather conditions. Like others here said, we love these cars because they are unique (and they are classy, powerful, spacious, etc.) and not because they are the fastest cars around.

Enjoy your Marauder and above all, BE SAFE!!!

bobsawyer7
10-04-2010, 04:10 AM
Your Marauder is such a unique ride that it doesn't matter who's faster. Keep it lookin' good and enjoy being the owner of a one-of-a-kind.

Bluerauder
10-04-2010, 04:25 AM
He's just very jealous and wishes that he had a Marauder....... or maybe he's just proud of the fact that he owns 1 of 4,657,869. ;)

boatmangc
10-04-2010, 04:52 AM
Ask him how many girls he can fit in his Prelude=WIN!

fesifisky
10-04-2010, 11:38 AM
He's just very jealous and wishes that he had a Marauder....... or maybe he's just proud of the fact that he owns 1 of 4,657,869. ;)

+1! I think he's just jealous of your sweet new evil ride. Welcome aboard!

LIGHTNIN1
10-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Welcome! If that car does not have a tune and a cold air intake such as JLT or K&N, you might want to consider it as it makes the car run much better. JLT is a vendor on this site.

Dragcity
10-04-2010, 01:11 PM
I have always apreciated all cars for what they are. One thin's for sure, if he owns his, and did the work to it, he is just as proud of his as yoou are of yours. And that there is what you have in common.

Give him props for his car, be humble. (That way, he and his pals won't hate on you and your car and it won't get all beat up while you're in class.)

One day, when you become friends, go to the local track and do some good old fashioned grudge racing, just for kicks.

I always liked those Preludes. The old ones were pretty cool back in the day. Everybody is proud of what they have, as they should be.

Albeit, Marauders rock.

babbage
10-04-2010, 01:19 PM
ok so last week i became one of the few that can say they own a marauder. its a 03 300A real nice shape 145000 miles and its been my brothers for 2 year 30000 miles. this thing still runs like champ. its the perfect car as far as im conserned its fast, handles good, look amazing and sound perfect i LOVE IT!!!!!!!! however some of the kids as school dont seem to feel the same way esspecially one who keeps trying to say his prelude is faster. so witch do you guys think is faster(i know your biased but still) a 5th gen prelude with intake and exhaust or a marauder with intake and exhaust? i really dont care witch is fast i still my car is AMAZING!!!!!!!! that is all

Ok I looked it up, you might win if your car is tuned up -- it will be close and you'd probably win.

Honda Prelude 0 to 60 mph and Quarter Mile Times
1980 Honda Prelude 0-60 mph (http://www.zeroto60times.com/index.html) 11.4 Quarter mile 19.5
1983 Honda Prelude 0-60 mph 9.6 Quarter mile 17.0
1984 Honda Prelude 0-60 mph 9.6 Quarter mile 17.0
1988 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si 0-60 mph 9.2 Quarter mile 16.6
1988 Honda Prelude Si 4WS 0-60 mph (http://www.zeroto60times.com/index.html) 8.5 Quarter mile 16.3
1991 Honda Prelude Si 4WS 0-60 mph 8.7 Quarter mile 16.2
1992 Honda Prelude Si 4WS 0-60 mph (http://www.zeroto60times.com/index.html) 7.7 Quarter mile 15.7
1994 Honda Prelude VTEC 0-60 mph 7.1 Quarter mile 14.9
1995 Honda Prelude VTEC 0-60 (http://www.zeroto60times.com/index.html) mph 6.6 Quarter mile 14.9
1997 Honda Prelude Type SH 0-60 mph 7.6 Quarter mile 15.6
1999 Honda Prelude 0-60 mph (http://www.zeroto60times.com/index.html) 6.7 Quarter mile 15.2
2000 Honda Prelude 0-60 mph 6.7 Quarter mile 15.2

88LTDCV351
10-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Welcome and congrats on getting a Marauder!

Vostok
10-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Yeah. A tuned Marauder will smash any stock Prelude. Ask me how I know ;)

For the record.....Fifth generation (1997–2001)

1997 Honda Prelude Type SH 0-60 mph 7.6 Quarter mile 15.6
1999 Honda Prelude 0-60 mph 6.7 Quarter mile 15.2
2000 Honda Prelude 0-60 mph 6.7 Quarter mile 15.2

Go get a good tune and its a done deal.

Be safe :D

defflepp1
10-04-2010, 01:33 PM
well thanks for all the positive comments i just think hes jealous. does anybody know of any good driving road in or around cedar rapids cause i cant think of a single one, and there are like no tracks what so ever in iowa. god iowa sucks

Mr. Man
10-04-2010, 02:13 PM
well thanks for all the positive comments i just think hes jealous. does anybody know of any good driving road in or around cedar rapids cause i cant think of a single one, and there are like no tracks what so ever in Iowa. God Iowa sucks
You need to get in touch with "ToomanyMods". He's up in the Waterloo area. He'll show you what a bad a55 Marauder looks like. I'm sure he knows where all the local tracks are in the eastern Iowa area.

I would advise against taking your car to an unsupervised area as like you said it's fast and handles good but when it gets away from you it's a bear to get back under control. Remember it's also a heavy car and what's the old Physics saying? Something like a body in motion tends to stay in motion till it hits something bigger. I'd play it safe if I were you.

As far as the other kids in school, just drive by low and slow, listening to some ZZTop and know that when the day's over you've got a limited production chick magnet and they are just ricer tools.:cool4:

Welcome to MM.net

boatmangc
10-04-2010, 02:17 PM
And of course don't race anybody on the street!

DOOM
10-04-2010, 02:49 PM
:congrats: & :welcome: to the site.

Respect te power.

PurdueRifleman
10-04-2010, 06:58 PM
First of all, forget about the guy with the prelude, they're a dime a dozen. Second, don't race him outside of a track whatever you do. If you win, so what? No one will remember a week later and you've unnecessarily risked destroying an increasingly rare car and yourself.

Finally, welcome to the cult! I wish the vehicle I drove at 17 was as cool as a Marauder!

ETA: Def Leppard is awesome, they are a favorite of mine.

freakstatus
10-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Wow....times are a changin. When I was 17, I had....... a skateboard.

Welcome aboard! Enjoy it.

FormulaMarauder
10-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Don't think the rumbly exhaust and menacing looks make the car fast. A new Accord or Max can spank a MM w/no problem. The MM's came around in 02, so in 3 short months, that makes them NINE years old. Your car has some good mileage on it. First order of business is the plugs, which should take you no more than an hour. Do a JLT and a tune and you got yourself into the 14's. Toss in some 4.10's and get down to mid-low 14's.
These cars are great cruisers, but if you throw some $$$ on them, they can be terrors. I still have yet to see a stock Prelude, or Civic for that matter. They get molested more than third gen F-bodies or Mustangs, so be careful about a race where he is pushing. It's big and it's heavy. In my opinion Ford should not have put the Mach1/Navigator engine in these cars. Too heavy, too weak; particularly with heavy mods. Blower should have been standard. If it was, they probably would have sold them out on orders alone.
If he really wants to race, take the drive to a track, even if it takes an hour or two. Its fair, its fun, and it's not gonna jam you up.
Congrats on your ride. I remember drooling over my Physics teachers' 96 B-Body Impala SS when he got it new. But then again, so was everyone else. It was a time before the "Fast and the Furious" import craze.
Have fun, be safe, and of course.......WELCOME.

defflepp1
10-04-2010, 07:40 PM
again thanks for all the warm welcomes. i said it in my first post and ill say it again I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!! just everything about is amazing especially the little thing like radio controls on the steering wheel, speed volume thing in the radio and of course the PPPPOOOOOOOWWWWWWEEEEEERRRRR!! !!!!!!!!!!(to phrase Jermey clarkson) and i am not like most teenagers im not stupid enough to race that punk on public roads, when i said good roads i meant a road with some twists in it, no people all around, and a great view like what people out in cali have in the canyons and ****. again thanks for all the warm welcomes this site is great

bobsawyer7
10-04-2010, 07:49 PM
No lecture but, Please...No Street Racing!!!
I totaled my 1968 Oldsmobile 442 when I was 20 doing that. :bigcry: Makes me feel sick to my stomach, even today, when I think about it.
I didn't think it would happen to ME but, one little mistake and the power gets away from you in a split second.
Treasure that Marauder!

03Farmmarauder
10-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Dang I'm not the second youngest anymore

MMarauder03
10-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Dang I'm not the second youngest anymore

Congrats on the new ride! Take great care of her and she'll take good care of you. As for being young with a nice car. People WILL be jealous, so be careful. Mine was vandalized by a kid not too long ago. Over 2k in damages. People will talk trash about it to you, calling it a grandpa car, a grand Marquis or what have you. Just know you have a limited production ride, one that you're really going to enjoy and get a lot of compliments on! Everyone on this board are great people and if you have any questions we'll help ya out. :beer:

BUCKWHEAT
10-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Iowa doesn't suck. You can go to drag strips in Cedar Falls, to Eddyville at Oskaloosa, or to Cordova, Il from Cedar Rapids. Also there is one of our guys here named John from Waterloo that can show you what's possible to do with a Marauder. He goes by Prorauder here. Enjoy the car, and look here if you have a fix-it problem with the car.

hamcheese
10-05-2010, 08:39 PM
I will not speak for anyone here but, play safe, drive safe and keep the racing on the track(s)!!! Dont end up wrapped around a tree please. You have a lot of horse power under your foot, Respect it!

Motorhead350
10-05-2010, 11:21 PM
With great power comes great responsibility. When you find the time to race be responsible about it. *wink wink. ;)

defflepp1
10-06-2010, 01:12 PM
thanks for the welcomes id say im pretty careful with the car, yeah going fast is nice till your not going anywhere at all. so who is the youngest marauder driver here? and as for kids being jealous and saying stuff the way i look at it is, im 17 and i already have one of my dream cars and what do you have? lol again thanks for the welcomes this site is great and i cant wait to bring mine to marauderville 9

Bluerauder
10-06-2010, 01:25 PM
thanks for the welcomes id say im pretty careful with the car, yeah going fast is nice till your not going anywhere at all. so who is the youngest marauder driver here? and as for kids being jealous and saying stuff the way i look at it is, im 17 and i already have one of my dream cars and what do you have? lol again thanks for the welcomes this site is great and i cant wait to bring mine to marauderville 9

We lost one of our youngest MMers about 7 weeks ago in a tragic accident. I believe that he had just turned 18. Be careful out there. Read here >>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65199&highlight=marauderboi

youngrauderlvr
10-06-2010, 03:01 PM
OF course there aren't any biased opinions on THIS board... no never! ;) ;)

JOEMERC
10-06-2010, 03:21 PM
tell him you dont race toilet bowls, welcome to the marauder world,enjoy.

Ms. Denmark
10-06-2010, 05:01 PM
well thanks for all the positive comments i just think hes jealous. does anybody know of any good driving road in or around cedar rapids cause i cant think of a single one, and there are like no tracks what so ever in iowa. god iowa sucks Hope you enjoy your very rare car for many years. Whatever you do, take care of it. Never ever give in to the temptation to race it on the street! You don't need to prove anything to anyone.....you're driving a Marauder! And there ARE tracks in Iowa for sure. As far as roads...keep it off the gravel!! By the way...Iowa definately does NOT suck. I was born and raised there and I miss it to this day.;) Best of luck and welcome to the site!:beer:

defflepp1
10-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Hope you enjoy your very rare car for many years. Whatever you do, take care of it. Never ever give in to the temptation to race it on the street! You don't need to prove anything to anyone.....you're driving a Marauder! And there ARE tracks in Iowa for sure. As far as roads...keep it off the gravel!! By the way...Iowa definately does NOT suck. I was born and raised there and I miss it to this day.;) Best of luck and welcome to the site!:beer:
i dont know maybe its just because i was born in chicago then moved to minneapolis but i think iowa is horrible, just my opinion though