PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Mail Problems?

FordNut
10-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Maybe this is the wrong forum, if so mods please move it...

Anybody else having trouble logging in to yahoo mail? I had some problems start yesterday, but this morning it was working ok. Then this afternoon it went to the crapper again. It constantly loops back to the "verify password" screen.

I have tried two different computers, both running WinXP, one with both Firefox and IE, another with Firefox, IE, Chrome, and Netscape. I also tried a Mac with both Firefox and Safari.

The only other thing I know of that I could try is going somewhere and "borrowing" their wifi to see if it is speed related (I use dialup). I suspect this may be a part of the problem since I've noticed yahoo's recent "upgrades" cause IE to crash if I click-ahead while a page is not finished downloading. My guess is they upgraded again and now it won't work on dialup at all. I've seen similar behavior on other websites when you try to access their job boards and such.

dohc324ci
10-06-2010, 07:14 PM
No problems for me? IE firefox and safari all a ok. Dialup? Wow man try satellite if you can't get broadband. Comcast has speeds of up to 100mbps and ATT has 1.5mbps for $15 a month. Clearwire is another option based on WiMax..

FordNut
10-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Comcast has speeds of up to 100mbps and ATT has 1.5mbps for $15 a month. Clearwire is another option based on WiMax..

No prices like that here since I can't get DSL. IF I could get ATT high speed DSL here I could use their wireless network also (I assume that's supposed to be when away from home). But since the phone lines here aren't upgraded and I can't get DSL, no dice. I could pay $60-$69 for a digital plan from their cell phone division.

Charter is my other option and it's $30/month for the first year then it jumps to the regular price.

Not gonna take on another bill like that without a job. If I could get DSL I would, since it's only $5/month higher than my dialup service.

Personally I think ATT should be blocked from offering services such as cable TV until they offer equal existing services to ALL customers. All they're doing is cherry-picking. They have a fiber optic wire going right in front of my house, I watched them install it and talked to the techs while they were working on it. It's to provide service to a more densely populated subdivision on down the road.

dohc324ci
10-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Brian if they offer Uverse then your golden. Uverse runs over fiber uses the same 2 wire modem to deliver cable and broadband. It's 45 a month iirc. I just switched from ATT dsl 5mbps/.5 up to uverse 12mbps down 1.5mbps up they offer up to 22mbps. They are reserving bandwidth for cable subscribers but eventually will offer comparable comcast speeds. They also bundle voice and Internet might be better off going that route.

FordNut
10-06-2010, 08:14 PM
Like I said, they don't offer DSL, uverse, or any high speed service here. They are going to offer it on up the road but not here. It's a crock that they are allowed to run the fiber cables right past somebody and not offer the services. I wouldn't get it anyway, it's too expensive to pay for on $265/week unemployment checks.

dohc324ci
10-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Yeah I guess if you put it into perspective broadband is the least of your worries. Well there is always public wifi hot spots if you have a laptop or the library. Good luck with your job search.

FordNut
10-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Tried one more test. I was able to login to the wife's yahoo email from the same computer, so it's something hosed up about my account. Maybe yahoo can fix it. If not perhaps it's a good time to switch to gmail.