PDA

View Full Version : Marauder gone, this car in!

Motorhead350
10-06-2010, 06:42 PM
The Marauder is at the body shop for the bumper damage. I had the pleasure of having a Porsche Carrera for the day. I am not sure of the year, but it was probably late 90s. Some of you maybe wondering how the heck I got my hands and feet on a car like that or who would even do it. The truth is I have been detailing cars on the side off and on recently. The man that owns this car is a friend of my dads and I detailed it for him while he was at work.

I got the car at 9am and was done by 11:30. It had a full tank of gas so I decided to have some fun with it. I didn't ever give it beyond half throttle or drive reckless, but I really wanted to. I knew the owner trusted me enough to release the car to me for the day, plus he's a good man so I didn't wanna ruin anything. I now understand why having a 6 speed manual is no fun in the city, but it's still a gas. This little car felt like a Go Kart around the corners and my K5 has a better ride than it.

Still I loved having it for the day. I drove it downtown and back twice. Just listening to the engine was a nice tune. I bought CDs of my own, but to my surprise I found Johnny Cash in the radio and a Doors CD close by. So I put my stuff a side and broke on through to the other side. ;)

Just about a month ago I said I would be driving a Porsche. Sure enough it came true. It was for a day, but after that ride one days was enough. I'd love to have one some day, but I'm far from ready to pay for one.

Just believe in yourself and you can get anything you want. :burnout:

BTW I took a second picture of it by my truck so you guys would actually believe me. :D

I felt like James Dean on his final ride.

fastblackmerc
10-06-2010, 07:08 PM
A 2.5 hour detail on a whole car???

I spend that much time just on my engine compartment..............

Pat
10-06-2010, 07:21 PM
But it's a small car............

Motorhead350
10-06-2010, 08:28 PM
A 2.5 hour detail on a whole car???

I spend that much time just on my engine compartment..............

There is a huge difference in engine compartments.... :rolleyes:

wht02lightning
10-06-2010, 09:40 PM
BTW I took a second picture of it by my truck so you guys would actually believe me. :D

Who wouldnt believe you have a K5 Blazer??? No offense they are dime a dozen in my book. Kinda like saying I posted a pic with my Accent so youd believe me I have one.

Maybe its an inside joke or something but I dont get it

Motorhead350
10-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Who wouldnt believe you have a K5 Blazer??? No offense they are dime a dozen in my book. Kinda like saying I posted a pic with my Accent so youd believe me I have one.

Maybe its an inside joke or something but I dont get it

Quite a few know I have a K5. So the first picture looks like I just took a photo of a car parked in the street. I took the second one after I moved it next to my truck. Same plate and all. The point was to prove I drove it, not just took a random picture and posted BS.

Got it?

a_d_a_m
10-07-2010, 03:13 AM
Where are the "after detail" pictures?

J-MAN
10-07-2010, 04:11 AM
Do tell! Give us the steps on your 2.5 hour detail. I must be doing it wrong and want to learn. Enquiring minds want to know!

MMarauder03
10-07-2010, 04:57 AM
From the title I thought he traded his mm in!

J-MAN
10-07-2010, 05:36 AM

:D:):o:(..........

Motorhead350
10-07-2010, 07:27 AM
Where are the "after detail" pictures?

I'll have to take a few. Didn't really have time with all the fun.

Do tell! Give us the steps on your 2.5 hour detail. I must be doing it wrong and want to learn. Enquiring minds want to know!

Depends on how much the owner wants to spend.

ctrlraven
10-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Yeah it does depend on how much the owner wants to spend. I help a friend of mine out from time to time, I think the longest we spent on a car was about 20 hours over a weekend. Then again the car had not been taken care of the past 10 years so every part of the car had to be touched.

wht02lightning
10-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Quite a few know I have a K5. So the first picture looks like I just took a photo of a car parked in the street. I took the second one after I moved it next to my truck. Same plate and all. The point was to prove I drove it, not just took a random picture and posted BS.

Got it?

Ohh I get ya. So people would believe you drove an old outdated Porsche. Color me unimpressed.

Egon Spengler
10-07-2010, 10:39 AM
We aren't that lucky!

J-MAN
10-07-2010, 11:50 AM
I'll have to take a few. Didn't really have time with all the fun.

Depends on how much the owner wants to spend.

Give us the steps and products used in the 2.5 hour "detail" on the car that you posted.

Don't really care how much you charged for joyriding someones vehicle.

Motorhead350
10-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Ohh I get ya. So people would believe you drove an old outdated Porsche. Color me unimpressed.

I don't give a hoot what you think. A rude Marauder owner? You shocked me. The car looks the same now as it did then. Just like Mercury GMs.... pretty much the same for many years.

I have now come to the conclusion that you are a jag bag.

wht02lightning
10-07-2010, 12:15 PM
I don't give a hoot what you think. A rude Marauder owner? You shocked me. The car looks the same now as it did then. Just like Mercury GMs.... pretty much the same for many years.

I have now come to the conclusion that you are a jag bag.

LOL. I think its the first time ive been called a "Jag Bag". Sorry if im unimpressed you drove a car i wouldnt look twice at driving down the road. And oh no the most immautre person on here doesnt like me. I guess ill cry myself to sleep tonight.

secretservice
10-07-2010, 12:18 PM
I'd love to have one some day, but I'm far from ready to pay for one.

Just believe in yourself and you can get anything you want. :burnout:

This is true. I too believe you choose your own path. If your will is strong enough, there's nothing you can't do. [/cheesiness]

Motorhead350
10-07-2010, 12:18 PM
I recommend you take a nice hot bubble bath and play with your boat. :)

Motorhead350
10-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Give us the steps and products used in the 2.5 hour "detail" on the car that you posted.

Simple. The answer is Windex. If Windex can't clean it, then it's just not worth cleaning.

This is true. I too believe you choose your own path. If your will is strong enough, there's nothing you can't do. [/cheesiness]

You need more flags or stars before you are allowed sarcasm. :P

MMarauder03
10-07-2010, 12:22 PM
If you don't like a thread someone posts, continue about your day instead of hassling him. He did you no harm. Or better yet, Put Dom on your ignore list.

Motorhead350
10-07-2010, 12:24 PM
If you don't like a thread someone posts, continue about your day instead of hassling him. He did you no harm. Or better yet, Put Dom on your ignore list.

It's part of the hazing for the cool kids club. :flamer:

I appreciate you instructing them how to use their minds!

Mac-MerC
10-07-2010, 12:32 PM
some of you ppl are a-holes for no reason
damn just dont comment

MMarauder03
10-07-2010, 12:44 PM
It's part of the hazing for the cool kids club. :flamer:

I appreciate you instructing them how to use their minds!

It's all good. We can poke fun at each other, but when it gets out of hand it's just stupid. I don't wanna log in and see mad people fighting over stupid stuff. If u had a great time driving a Porsche than good for you man. :beer:

secretservice
10-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Now shake hands and move on...

BAD MERC
10-07-2010, 12:52 PM
I worked at a car stereo shop with an affluent customer base for a decade and had a 2002 Viper GTS, red with white stripes for the day. I had to pick it up and deliver it which was about a 100 mile round trip. Although I also got my hands on a 2005 Murcielago once, the Viper was way more fun!

secretservice
10-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Local Chrysler dealer let my wife drive a Viper while waiting for service once. The perks of being a cute red-head gearhead girl.... Would they let me, a Chrysler Five Star, ASE, Prowler, and Crossfire certified DaimlerChrysler tech drive it? Noooooooo.....

wht02lightning
10-07-2010, 03:22 PM

If I did that I wouldn't have had the laugh of being called a jag bag online. He should pick his insults a little better. Having never been to chicago it just sounds funny to me. And at dom, yeah ill play in the bubble bath cause I'm so immature. Like you know me.

Spectragod
10-07-2010, 04:09 PM
I am curious, this is just a question, not a insult, put down or the like.

Do you have a seperate insurance writer that covers you driving someone else's vehicle? I am guessing not. Just a word to the OP, if your going to do side work, and drive other peoples cars, you should really look into it. It may save you from a life of misery.

J-MAN
10-07-2010, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=Motorhead350;965247]Simple. The answer is Windex. If Windex can't clean it, then it's just not worth cleaning.

You need more flags or stars before you are allowed sarcasm. :P[/QUOTE

Windex ya say? Thanks for the step by step procedures for your 2.5 hour "detail". Must have taken you 2 hours to figure out how to use the sprayer or do you recommend the aerosol Mr. Detailer?

J-MAN
10-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Waiting for "detailed" instructions on your 2.5 hour Windex detail.

secretservice
10-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe... and so forth.

J-MAN
10-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe...Spray... Wipe... and so forth.

Not good enough, I want the info from "Dom the Detailer".

Motorhead350
10-08-2010, 09:29 PM

With a hint of lime.

J-MAN
10-09-2010, 01:20 PM
I hate it when you "Detailers" won't share your secrets for a 2.5 hour detail. Or was it just B.S.? :confused:

Motorhead350
10-09-2010, 07:50 PM
I hate it when you "Detailers" won't share your secrets for a 2.5 hour detail. Or was it just B.S.? :confused:

The reason I didn't mention my steps is because I know no matter what I said you would find a way to piss me off. No matter how good or poorly you think I handle a car. So I'm just not going to say anything. I don't wanna hear it.

J-MAN
10-10-2010, 08:02 AM
The reason I didn't mention my steps is because I know no matter what I said you would find a way to piss me off. No matter how good or poorly you think I handle a car. So I'm just not going to say anything. I don't wanna hear it.

Thanks for the info. Always curious what others think a detail is.