PDA

View Full Version : Off to Newyork for a couple days....

CanadaMarauder
10-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Any suggestions on stuff to go see.. going this Monday to Thurdsay...Wife has planned most of it just curious if there was anything us guys would like to see :)

PhastPhil
10-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Where in New York will you be ? It is a very big state.

CanadaMarauder
10-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Staying right by Central Park area..doing all the touristy things. New Jersey Monday then just hangin around till Thursday. Probably see a show or something. I'm kind of just going along for the ride.

PhastPhil
10-10-2010, 11:04 PM
For something a little different, there is the New York City Police museum. It is located at 100 Old Slip, which is right near South Street Seaport.
A legendary bar to visit is Hogs and Heifers located at 859 Washington Street on the corner of West 13th Street in the old Meat Packing District. It is a rowdy kinda place. The Meat Packing district used to be a ghost town at night. but now the whole area is a hip trendy spot. Check it out here : http://www.hogsandheifers.com

Also right near there is the newly opened Highline. This used to be for the overhead freight trains to make deliveries to the local businesses. now it has be cleaned up and turned into a pedestrian walkway.

Then there is McSorelys Old Ale House at 15 East 7 th St. between 2nd Ave and 3rd Ave.

If you are in the mood for an awesome burger go to Paul's, aka Paul's Da Burger Joint, aka Paul's Palace, located on 2nd Ave. right near the corner of 8th street, aka St. Mark's Place. Paul's has been rated as the Best Burger in NYC.

I hope this helps. Any other questions, please ask.

Phil

Blackened300a
10-11-2010, 05:46 AM
For something a little different, there is the New York City Police museum. It is located at 100 Old Slip, which is right near South Street Seaport.
A legendary bar to visit is Hogs and Heifers located at 859 Washington Street on the corner of West 13th Street in the old Meat Packing District. It is a rowdy kinda place. The Meat Packing district used to be a ghost town at night. but now the whole area is a hip trendy spot. Check it out here : http://www.hogsandheifers.com

Also right near there is the newly opened Highline. This used to be for the overhead freight trains to make deliveries to the local businesses. now it has be cleaned up and turned into a pedestrian walkway.

Then there is McSorelys Old Ale House at 15 East 7 th St. between 2nd Ave and 3rd Ave.

If you are in the mood for an awesome burger go to Paul's, aka Paul's Da Burger Joint, aka Paul's Palace, located on 2nd Ave. right near the corner of 8th street, aka St. Mark's Place. Paul's has been rated as the Best Burger in NYC.

I hope this helps. Any other questions, please ask.

Phil

Great suggestions but make sure you bring your wallet. The bars and clubs in the meat packing district charge a $20-$25 cover and $8-$10 a beer and $15-$20 a mixed drink. We went for almost $1000 for a night out with my friends.
If you wanna go for drinks then go bar hopping the village area. Or in the 30's on 2nd ave is a few rooftop bars that are reasonable. That's where all the tourists head to.

bobsawyer7
10-11-2010, 04:07 PM
St. Patricks Cathedral, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island

Krytin
10-11-2010, 04:09 PM
From Where you are staying go to the "Top of the Rock" - Rockefeller Center.
http://www.rockefellercenter.com/

The Boathouse - go for the first diner seating - 5:00 or 5:30? - and ask for waterside table - look for the turtles and big Koi!
http://www.thecentralparkboathouse.co m/

CanadaMarauder
10-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Just got back. We stayed at the Broadway Plaza Hotel on Broadway and 27th. Location seemed a bit iffy at first but was fine to walk home at night. 1 block from the subway and right near Times Square. Did a boat cruise and saw Statue of Liberty at night. Amazing! Took a dump in the Trump tower.. Fire that Donald haha and went to the Chrysler building as I do work for Dodge. It was a great experience and makes you realize how relaxing our day to day life actually is with the busyness of the concrete Jungle. Didn't really get to alot of clubs but a few pub's in the area did fine. Even though I don't understand how we pay $7 a bottle yet at the gas station I can get can's for under $2. Anyway all in all a great trip next time we will venture out a bit further to maybe see more of the state.