PDA

View Full Version : Bedliner

dakslim
10-11-2010, 09:39 AM
I did try the search function, honest. My buddy has an F-150 and his bedliner is discolored...anyone know of something to bring it back to black???

fastblackmerc
10-11-2010, 09:40 AM
I did try the search function, honest. My buddy has an F-150 and his bedliner is discolored...anyone know of something to bring it back to black???

A new one!

dakslim
10-11-2010, 09:42 AM
A new one!

I've tried several different things and so far nothing has worked...maybe he will just have to buy a new one...his wheel well trim are discolored also.

secretservice
10-11-2010, 10:08 AM
...his wheel well trim are discolored also.
You can paint the flares with regular single stage auto paint if you put in some flex-add. The stuff you put in to make the paint flexible...

CBT
10-11-2010, 10:49 AM

McGuires 'Back To Black'. You're welcome.

secretservice
10-11-2010, 10:56 AM
McGuires 'Back To Black'. You're welcome.

You just reminded me of McGuire's Plastx. I've seen people use it on black plastic at the Chrysler dealers, mainly on factory roof racks when they fade. Are the flares bare black plastic? Are they textured or smooth?

fastblackmerc
10-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Maybe he can pint it with the paint on bed liner products?

gdsqdcr
10-11-2010, 01:26 PM
In my truck, I put a LineX bedliner. Totally worth it and when I wash it, it still looks fairly new.

I know you wanted to restore your old one ...but LineX is great.

blackhueys
10-11-2010, 04:31 PM
go rhino hands down I do rhino spray work not just beds but other stuff as well nothing against line x but I have done stuff to a line x bed that just trashed it where as the rhino did not even blink. I have a 86 military blazer and I rhinoed the whole inside under side and about a 1/4 way up the sides as well it made a big difference to sound and heat. Like I said rhino can be put on anything with the right prep work. In my opinion get rid of the slide in bed liner before it ruins the bed and go with some type of professionally done spray in liner of your choice put please compare the differances before the work and after (local line x loves to get overspray on everything where as I tape and mask everything off).